out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Italian style football eludes those with diamonds in their eyes. Winning matters more than anything.
Being popular is severely overrated
Winning of course matters. But the rest is why we're going to fall behind in the global market. Nobody wants to watch Juventus struggling to win 1-0 every match. It's just not enticing in the modern game and fans around the world. Might be different if it was in the Super League.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 3, 2020
Winning of course matters. But the rest is why we're going to fall behind in the global market. Nobody wants to watch Juventus struggling to win 1-0 every match. It's just not enticing in the modern game and fans around the world. Might be different if it was in the Super League.
“Global market”
What happens on the pitch matters more. Your market is over inflated.
I’ll bet you have a very square head
Fred Church is the most envied player on the planet. What does your “global market “ have to say?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think the team will play much better football if we sign some players who can pass the ball instead of just conceding turnovers. If we had played more aggressively against Roma we would have been murdered on the counter.

The reason Maxx works here is because he adjusts tactics to suit the squad available to him (necessary for a coach under a "market opportunities" regime) If you get him some good players in the middle, maybe a CF who isn't useless in build up play like Kean, I am confident we will play better football

Any team with Berna, Kean and Bentancur linking up going forward, as well Chiellini and Bonucci as the CBs should not commit high numbers of players up the pitch.

Jul 3, 2020
I think the team will play much better football if we sign some players who can pass the ball instead of just conceding turnovers. If we had played more aggressively against Roma we would have been murdered on the counter.

The reason Maxx works here is because he adjusts tactics to suit the squad available to him (necessary for a coach under a "market opportunities" regime) If you get him some good players in the middle, maybe a CF who isn't useless in build up play like Kean, I am confident we will play better football

Any team with Berna, Kean and Bentancur linking up going forward, as well Chiellini and Bonucci as the CBs should not commit high numbers of players up the pitch.
Couldn’t have said it better. Max knows

- - - Updated - - -

“Global market”
What happens on the pitch matters more. Your market is over inflated.
I’ll bet you have a very square head
Fred Church is the most envied player on the planet. What does your “global market “ have to say?
Campioni d’europa. Get used to hearing that . 4 years until the next euro

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Folks say this, but I'm not so sure. I do agree that Allegri should play to his strengths though, which is setting up a defense.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Folks say this, but I'm not so sure. I do agree that Allegri should play to his strengths though, which is setting up a defense.
Not sure about what aspect? And I wasn't saying Allegri plays to his own strengths, I was saying he plays to the strength of the players available.

Do you think a different coach would have done much better, playing offensive football, with the players available yesterday?

singus

Sep 22, 2020
no dude. i simply didn't bother commenting on your special interpretation the other day. clean sheets were always a sign of a well functioning defense, and with juve, you could expect that regularly. 19-20 league games without a clean sheet is a huge, huge red flag and should not be accepted by anyone here. remember when we turned our season around in '15/16 and managed to go like 20-something games unbeaten, and buffon also beat the record for most minutes without conceding a goal during that run? good defense and clean sheets, the two go hand in hand. simple as that.
:lol:
You are writing long posts about trivial things that I have never disagreed about, again.

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl:

I didn’t call you a bitch. I said stop bitching and whining. Instead you have doubled down on this and written some rather epic posts filled with bitching and whining.

Congratulations.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesn’t watch our matches. It’s kind of clear when he says we play 9-10 men in our own box all match and are getting dominated by everyone. Lol
:lol: :blah:

So much bitching, for saying: "plaster their box with 9-10 men like we've done quite a bit recently".

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Oh, so I see that you now changed your plot again, now the goal is not clean sheets and we should not optimize for a clean sheet but for a victory.! Great! Now we totally agree. So why make such a big fuss and trying to change my words ? Now you just want a solid defense, great man! Same here obviously.

I have always stated that we should improve in defense as well as we need to improve in attack (less focus than defense).

You loose me a bit again with the last point. I dont understand what your point is and how that is something that you are trying to use against me and give a slap in my face, what? Obviously if you have a super good defense you are gonna do well. Or if you have a super good attack. If you have both, thats even better. Chelsea won the CL by having the best defense. Totally agree. However they also had a decent to good offense, else they would obviously have been knocked out or gone to penalties in all ties.
Against Chelsea, we won with a very tiny margin I would claim and it could as well have gone the other way. It was also interesting to see how such a defensive team, against us had not just 60% of the ball, but 75%. A team that usually isnt comfortable attacking or holding possession that much. I dont know what exactly to deduct from that, what that tells us about HOW defensive our tactics currently are and how poor we are at controlling the game or keeping possession. Its a bit of a red flag in my book and I think it will get exploited if we dont drastically improve. I dont see how letting any team attack you for large parts of the game is gonna win you any trophies, unless you completely luck out. Penalties and shit happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, its been a very good streak in terms of points and confidence, something we must now act on, as it is definitely not very sustainable having to grind a match for all 90 minutes, having to save penalties and avoid any fuck ups or deflections. Max has earned himself a bit of breathing room after a terrible start (one of worst ever wasnt it?), now he needs to show that he can build on this, which he has done before.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a bit too simplified?. Else why dont every team just plaster their box with 9-10 men like we've done quite a bit recently. Especially if we agree that we have worse players. Imagine what a strong squad could accomplish if they had the simple football coach to implement this system. Would be unbeatable then?
Dude. Just stop embarrassing yourself.
Every sentence you write speaks to how clueless you are.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
How many times I was tuning in for a clash in EPL just for it to be a snooze fest. For example, take a look at the games between LFC and United last few years. I'd rather watch my walls dry after I painted them than to watch those.

Football is unpredictable and some events can change a game drastically. Certainly there will be some thrilling games under Max in which we win 3:2 scoring in the last minute. However, you can't script such games, that's why fans crave for them.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
MoDeRn GaMe AnD fAnS

yeah, those are important. and this is coming from an anti-italian, anti-allegri, anti-calcio juve fan. i'm sure half of the world switched off their tv in disgust when we beat chelsea. i hope you follow juve on tiktok as a true modern fan from around the world and have an ip rated phone that won't get destroyed by your tears

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I'd say that having expectations of a 'better game' from this squad is ok. However, everything should be put into a context - and - currently we're at a point where we had to go back to the very basics and to become a team again. We sucked physically, tactically and heads were weak. We literally had nothing. Now, we're at least difficult to beat and we started picking up points in the league.

In CL we can top our group, hardly sounds like an issue considering the context.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I'd say that having expectations of a 'better game' from this squad is ok. However, everything should be put into a context - and - currently we're at a point where we had to go back to the very basics and to become a team again. We sucked physically, tactically and heads were weak. We literally had nothing. Now, we're at least difficult to beat and we started picking up points in the league.

In CL we can top our group, hardly sounds like an issue considering the context.
I think everyone agrees to this, we now have some sort of base, and need to then build our "game" on top of this. But some people like to create drama and cook up new narratives and invent things people never said. Its typically coming from the posters with +50k posts.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

This was always going to be a tough season, especially after Ronaldo ditched us at the last moment. The injuries to Dybala and Morata didn’t help either. It will be a slow road to recovery. Top 4 is within striking distance now, but we have a long way to go to catch the leaders.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Allegri’s first item on his agenda was to fix our horrendous defensive shape and to make us a tough team to break down again.

His next order of business was to make us a real team with a game-plan and ever since the win against Chelsea, we’ve looked like a solid and united group again. The grinta is back.

Next, will be to get us to play more on the offensive and to take control of games more but to do this, we need our two strikers back and we need improvements to our midfield.

Max was smart enough to realise that playing a high defensive line with this current midfield and with our slow as fuck CBs is absolute suicide, so he will happily have us give up possession to our opposition and hit teams on the break. This is our best way of playing with this current crop of players and it can only change if we improve the midfield situation.

Anyway, if we manage to beat Inter at the San Siro next week it will put the entire league on notice and we will become a contender to win the title again. Once a Juventus team goes on a roll with Allegri at the helm, it takes a hell of a lot to stop us.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah next week's game is massive, need to win by any means necessary. If we lose and Napoli win again then I'd rule us out for the scudetto this season, they are settled and started the season with this advantage. Even a choker club like them can only drop so many points over the season, but they certainly will at some point. We'd have just given ourselves too much to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 342)