out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I dont understand your post, other than you are trying to speculate on my motives. I dont have any, other than being dumbfounded how come our team, its personal and their characteristics, can continue to be this great mystery for our managers/directors, as if they are not the ones in charge of our own club and the ones training with them every day, and as if some external force created our team (Paratici certainly was one though)

Maybe a genius like you have answers to this? @juve123
Obviously nobody denying that we don't have any problems but expecting a midfield of bernadeschi and Bentacur to outplay the midfielders of other teams and expecting Moise kean to hold up the ball and link up play like Morata to help the team in retaining possession and as for my comment for you being a Roma fan is basically because you are agreeing to the sore loser mourinho comments and criticising Allegri for no reason let invest heavily in the midfield and attack and then if we don't continue to play well then you can criticise all day and night

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You are as worked up as Pirlo son did something trigger in you as a Roma fan or you want to complaint for the sake of it
this is even better:
...The points are great, but the play has been absolutely sterile and is not giving us any guarantees for any future success (We could as well have lost or drawn the last 5 games, unless there are some tactical 3D chess going on here that I dont understand)...
and this is the same guy who bitched about anyone missing clean sheets the other day because no trophy is given for those. and now he wants guarantees.

also, we could have as well lost against samp, chelsea or toro, or even roma. ffs chelsea had one shot at target, roma only had possession, we led samp for the majority of the game, ahh, why do i even bother lol

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Lol people actually buy into this. Obviously Mourinho would not blabber about xG after a loss like that. Easy for journalists and random Twitter accounts to create a story like this that they know all Juventini will fap to.

- - - Updated - - -

And who gives a fuck? You can always find useless records like that to favor one over the other. Milan won a lot of Scudettos from this concept if we wanna go down this path.
Bitch a little more, dude. We won. Maybe chill a little. Allegri led us to 5 straight scudetti. 4 straight domestic doubles. And made us a force to be reckoned with in Europe for the first time in a dozen years in his last stint here. He’s figuring out what he has with this team and its players, and what sort of style they suit. He’s had fuck all to do with creating this squad aside from Locatelli this summer. Our midfield is still a mess, our forwards aside from Dybala suit counterattacking play instead of possession and he recognizes this.

You don’t have to whine about everything

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
this is even better:

and this is the same guy who bitched about anyone missing clean sheets the other day because no trophy is given for those. and now he wants guarantees.

also, we could have as well lost against samp, chelsea or toro, or even roma. ffs chelsea had one shot at target, roma only had possession, we led samp for the majority of the game, ahh, why do i even bother lol
Do these clowns even watch our matches? We’ve had the lions share of the great chances in our last half dozen matches. But because we aren’t outpossessing and taking the game to the other team, we could or should have lost all of them and Allegri is a disaster. :lol2:

singus

Sep 22, 2020
this is even better:

Your post doesnt make sense, full of failed logic.

But one thing you are correct on, I was not a part of the gang of you who were BITCHING about missing clean sheets, as if optimizing for a clean sheet will be the best way to optimize for a victory (=scoring more goals than the opponent, being 1-0 or 2-1). I dont buy that, logically it doesnt make sense to optimize for 1 target, in order to reach a 2nd target. Its a nice by-product or symptom. But not going deeper into that, as either you think logically and can see it, or else you dont.

But now we had 3 clean sheets, so I can ask you then: How likely are we now to beat Inter, Real, City, PSG, Liverpool, United, Barca, in a knockout game if we were to play now?
Clean sheets was what you wanted to see, those were your goals. Now you got 3 of them. On the contrary, what I am saying back then and also now, is that Im NOT confident we are any ready yet, even if we managed to scrape past Doria, Spezia, Toro, Roma and Chelsea. To me, I was sitting on the edge of my seat for 90 minutes. To you, those were clear victories and even penalties we were expected to save - lol, come one dude.

- - - Updated - - -

i bet most of us would take a guaranteed clean sheet in a cl final over one guaranteed scored goal. he might be one of the exceptions :boh:
Nice try at changing the plot. However extremely dumb and unfair. But its your best bet in this case.
If we can pick and choose like that, then Id take the guaranteed victory over a clean sheet, and you can fap till you pass out :)

- - - Updated - - -

Bitch a little more, dude. We won. Maybe chill a little. Allegri led us to 5 straight scudetti. 4 straight domestic doubles. And made us a force to be reckoned with in Europe for the first time in a dozen years in his last stint here. He’s figuring out what he has with this team and its players, and what sort of style they suit. He’s had fuck all to do with creating this squad aside from Locatelli this summer. Our midfield is still a mess, our forwards aside from Dybala suit counterattacking play instead of possession and he recognizes this.

Its always nice when you and stitch can swoop in and call other people bitches, and tell them to relax, for posting and raising questions on a forum. One might say that it is people like you that should take your hypertension medicine and calm a bit down. Either you have some answers, or you can choose to ignore question you might find meaningless.

This was the post that triggered Postironic and Stitch to the point that they started to refer to name calling and derail the thread completely:

"
Very important points that we have somehow managed to accumulate, in what have been the tightest streak of games in a long time. The points are great, but the play has been absolutely sterile and is not giving us any guarantees for any future success (We could as well have lost or drawn the last 5 games, unless there are some tactical 3D chess going on here that I dont understand).
These 5 games have given us a new lifeline, and now we need to start converting it and improve our overall game, before we are knocked out by a Ajax, Porto, Lyon or Zenit.

"

Maybe calm down a bit?

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...if optimizing for a clean sheet will be the best way to optimize for a victory (=scoring more goals than the opponent, being 1-0 or 2-1). ...
ffs :rofl:

nobody's optimizing for a clean sheet. you still don't get it at all.

for the last time, clean sheets are not the goal. these are just consequences of some good defensive work. teams lacking clean sheets for like 20 matches clearly lack a lot in defense. you don't tackle that issue by downplaying the importance of defending and focus on the attack. if you do, you're just an other pirlo.

...Clean sheets was what you wanted to see, those were your goals...
haha, that's some utter bullshit you invented. i wanted to see juve winning, i wanted to see a winning streak, which is much easier to achieve when you have a solid defense. not that hard to understand.

btw funny that you failed to mention the reigning cl champs. we beat chelsea with the help of a very good defensive performance and a clean sheet. and chelsea won the cl by being the best defensive team of the tournament, holding city to a clean sheet in the final. a slap in your face by allegri and tuchel. maybe ask those guys why they prepared their team to defend properly.

once you wrote that you understand the importance of the goals not conceded. you have all the dots yet gloriously fail to connect them.

Jun 6, 2015
It's not tactical 3D chess, it's simple football. When you're able to limit the space that your opponent has in dangerous areas of the pitch i.e. inside the box and just around it you decrease the chances of conceding goals. We've conceded very few good goalscoring chances in the last few because we've managed to do just that. In the end the games are decided in the penalty box at either end of the pitch.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
We're looking for momentum and to keep it rollin'. We're on a better path and to see Max already having such an impact was more than I hoped for. In time I hope we don't need to work our asses off to grind out points. There will be so many games and we need to able to win but underperform against "lesser" teams. That being said, it's wonderful to see some grinta again!

singus

Sep 22, 2020
ffs :rofl:

nobody's optimizing for a clean sheet. you still don't get it at all.

for the last time, clean sheets are not the goal. these are just consequences of some good defensive work. teams lacking clean sheets for like 20 matches clearly lack a lot in defense. you don't tackle that issue by downplaying the importance of defending and focus on the attack. if you do, you're just an other pirlo.

haha, that's some utter bullshit you invented. i wanted to see juve winning, i wanted to see a winning streak, which is much easier to achieve when you have a solid defense. not that hard to understand.

btw funny that you failed to mention the reigning cl champs. we beat chelsea with the help of a very good defensive performance and a clean sheet. and chelsea won the cl by being the best defensive team of the tournament, holding city to a clean sheet in the final. a slap in your face by allegri and tuchel. maybe ask those guys why they prepared their team to defend properly.

once you wrote that you understand the importance of the goals not conceded. you have all the dots yet gloriously fail to connect them.
Oh, so I see that you now changed your plot again, now the goal is not clean sheets and we should not optimize for a clean sheet but for a victory.! Great! Now we totally agree. So why make such a big fuss and trying to change my words ? Now you just want a solid defense, great man! Same here obviously.

I have always stated that we should improve in defense as well as we need to improve in attack (less focus than defense).

You loose me a bit again with the last point. I dont understand what your point is and how that is something that you are trying to use against me and give a slap in my face, what? Obviously if you have a super good defense you are gonna do well. Or if you have a super good attack. If you have both, thats even better. Chelsea won the CL by having the best defense. Totally agree. However they also had a decent to good offense, else they would obviously have been knocked out or gone to penalties in all ties.
Against Chelsea, we won with a very tiny margin I would claim and it could as well have gone the other way. It was also interesting to see how such a defensive team, against us had not just 60% of the ball, but 75%. A team that usually isnt comfortable attacking or holding possession that much. I dont know what exactly to deduct from that, what that tells us about HOW defensive our tactics currently are and how poor we are at controlling the game or keeping possession. Its a bit of a red flag in my book and I think it will get exploited if we dont drastically improve. I dont see how letting any team attack you for large parts of the game is gonna win you any trophies, unless you completely luck out. Penalties and shit happens.

- - - Updated - - -

We're looking for momentum and to keep it rollin'. We're on a better path and to see Max already having such an impact was more than I hoped for. In time I hope we don't need to work our asses off to grind out points. There will be so many games and we need to able to win but underperform against "lesser" teams. That being said, it's wonderful to see some grinta again!
Yep, its been a very good streak in terms of points and confidence, something we must now act on, as it is definitely not very sustainable having to grind a match for all 90 minutes, having to save penalties and avoid any fuck ups or deflections. Max has earned himself a bit of breathing room after a terrible start (one of worst ever wasnt it?), now he needs to show that he can build on this, which he has done before.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not tactical 3D chess, it's simple football. When you're able to limit the space that your opponent has in dangerous areas of the pitch i.e. inside the box and just around it you decrease the chances of conceding goals. We've conceded very few good goalscoring chances in the last few because we've managed to do just that. In the end the games are decided in the penalty box at either end of the pitch.
Maybe a bit too simplified?. Else why dont every team just plaster their box with 9-10 men like we've done quite a bit recently. Especially if we agree that we have worse players. Imagine what a strong squad could accomplish if they had the simple football coach to implement this system. Would be unbeatable then?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
Maybe a bit too simplified?. Else why dont every team just plaster their box with 9-10 men like we've done quite a bit recently. Especially if we agree that we have worse players. Imagine what a strong squad could accomplish if they had the simple football coach to implement this system. Would be unbeatable then?
Not really. There are different ways to limit the time your opponent spends in those dangerous areas of the pitch though. You don't necessarily need to have a deep defensive line. It's a matter of taste on how you want to achieve that but no team that affords the opponent plenty of time and space in and just around their box is going to be very successful long-term.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Your post doesnt make sense, full of failed logic.

Clean sheets was what you wanted to see, those were your goals. Now you got 3 of them. On the contrary, what I am saying back then and also now, is that Im NOT confident we are any ready yet, even if we managed to scrape past Doria, Spezia, Toro, Roma and Chelsea. To me, I was sitting on the edge of my seat for 90 minutes. To you, those were clear victories and even penalties we were expected to save - lol, come one dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe calm down a bit?
this is the real thrill :numnum:

guys ... tiki taka football , samba football , high pressing game is not meant to be for our beloved team ...nada ....

Jun 16, 2020
We conceded in what, 19 (Serie A) games in a row?

Obviously, for a club with a great defensive tradition, keeping a clean sheet becomes a goal in the games ahead of them after such a horrible record. Winning is the first goal but keeping the clean sheet obviously a good second one.

Scoring is good for the ego of the attacking players, but the defense of the backbone of every team. BBBC have been our trademark and they gave us stability for years, how could we not aim for clean sheets?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

This dude would win a tuz Tapiro d’oro if we had one.

@DAiDEViL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 19, Guests: 254)