out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
The most important thing Allegri is doing is adapting a style of play suited to the players we have.

Not impose a system which the players can’t handle.

Our midfield can’t keep possession for longer stretches so 1-0 wins are the way moving forward. We also struggle to stay balanced when going for the 2nd, so I don’t mind parking the bus after taking the lead. The results are there.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Honestly, even though I thought we played relatively poorly, I didn’t really feel like we were going to concede either. Even on the penalty. The defensive organization is obviously night and day compared to last year, which I don’t think should be a surprise to anyone. But it’s just something about Allegri’s sides that make them so tough to play against, which is really the only thing I like about them.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
The most important thing Allegri is doing is adapting a style of play suited to the players we have.

Not impose a system which the players can’t handle.

Our midfield can’t keep possession for longer stretches so 1-0 wins are the way moving forward. We also struggle to stay balanced when going for the 2nd, so I don’t mind parking the bus after taking the lead. The results are there.
for sure. we will probably see more possession style gameplay with dybala and arthur back.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Honestly, even though I thought we played relatively poorly, I didn’t really feel like we were going to concede either. Even on the penalty. The defensive organization is obviously night and day compared to last year, which I don’t think should be a surprise to anyone. But it’s just something about Allegri’s sides that make them so tough to play against, which is really the only thing I like about them.
pretty much.

Still i pray every night in my bed for us to have the same consistency but in attack :D

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Very important points that we have somehow managed to accumulate, in what have been the tightest streak of games in a long time. The points are great, but the play has been absolutely sterile and is not giving us any guarantees for any future success (We could as well have lost or drawn the last 5 games, unless there are some tactical 3D chess going on here that I dont understand).
These 5 games have given us a new lifeline, and now we need to start converting it and improve our overall game, before we are knocked out by a Ajax, Porto, Lyon or Zenit.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Yeah good comments by Allegri. He is aware of the areas needing improvement. Hope he can find the cure as well. Its very strange that we find ourselves in a situation where we are surprised by the composition of our team, and that we suddenly have players only capable of playing a counter-attacking style? Are they all dumb or on siesta during the pre-season and mercatos ?

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
"We have players more suited to counter-attacks, those are their characteristics, so when we try to play the ball, we either fall asleep or get irritable." https://football-italia.net/allegri-juventus-are-getting-there/
Sums it up so well.
Yes, but this will need to change. There's still a lot of work to do with this team. For a club like Juventus counter-attacks should only be one more weapon to use besides the general play.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Yes, but this will need to change. There's still a lot of work to do with this team. For a club like Juventus counter-attacks should only be one more weapon to use besides the general play.
Exactly, we cant let Spezias, Sampdorias and the likes dominate us and then make a counter attack hit and run. Thats not gonna work in the long run. Its a useful style to apply against the overpowered clubs though.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Pirlo wasnt able to put 4 wins in a row when at the helm for the whole season in the league and Max does, without Ronaldo, with 4 key players out (Morata, Dybala, Sandro and De Ligt) and pretty strong opposition (Roma and Derby game). Plus the whole mess with south american qualifications...

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Lol people actually buy into this. Obviously Mourinho would not blabber about xG after a loss like that. Easy for journalists and random Twitter accounts to create a story like this that they know all Juventini will fap to.

- - - Updated - - -

Pirlo wasnt able to put 4 wins in a row when at the helm for the whole season in the league and Max does, without Ronaldo, with 4 key players out (Morata, Dybala, Sandro and De Ligt) and pretty strong opposition (Roma and Derby game). Plus the whole mess with south american qualifications...
And who gives a fuck? You can always find useless records like that to favor one over the other. Milan won a lot of Scudettos from this concept if we wanna go down this path.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I can see Chiesa do well up top but I prefer him in midfield/wing because you gain more from his work rate. He gets more space and can create more issues for defensive lines. I understand that we are more balanced with this set up, but we would be more dangerous if Chiesa took on one of the wings. Berna's role or Rabiot's role as a mezzela doesn't suit him but he could take Cuadrado's position. If we are dead set on continuing with this set up. When Dybala is back he can take the SS role to drop deep and help in the build up and move Chiesa out wide. Morata/Kean can take the CF role.
As long as Max can get us wins I can't really complain. I do see the logic, it's just a matter of preference for me.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Yeah good comments by Allegri. He is aware of the areas needing improvement. Hope he can find the cure as well. Its very strange that we find ourselves in a situation where we are surprised by the composition of our team, and that we suddenly have players only capable of playing a counter-attacking style? Are they all dumb or on siesta during the pre-season and mercatos ?
You are as worked up as Pirlo son did something trigger in you as a Roma fan or you want to complaint for the sake of it

singus

Sep 22, 2020
You are as worked up as Pirlo son did something trigger in you as a Roma fan or you want to complaint for the sake of it
I dont understand your post, other than you are trying to speculate on my motives. I dont have any, other than being dumbfounded how come our team, its personal and their characteristics, can continue to be this great mystery for our managers/directors, as if they are not the ones in charge of our own club and the ones training with them every day, and as if some external force created our team (Paratici certainly was one though)

Maybe a genius like you have answers to this? @juve123

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 112)