out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We tend to do that "chasing the game" thing a lot in Europe. We basically threw away ~70 mins of the game, give or take the Khedira and Higuain chances. They pressed the shit out of us, knew we had nothing for the most part on the wings and were low on creative quality in the middle. Allegri left it way too late to make the necessary changes and it was inevitable the game was petering out to a 0-0. Similar game to the Gladbach home draw last year.

It's crazy...the amount of creative, attacking quality we had on our bench was crazy. Even a double change at HT might have been enough for us to get three points. So fucking frustrating, the performance, the mentality, the lineup everything. This European malaise just won't fuck off.
:agree: Was very disappointed at the lack of change at HT, could have been a different game if Pjanic and Sandro came on then. Especially Pjanic, it was painfully obvious that we needed his presence or nothing was going to happen.

Buy on AliExpress.com

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
The 0-0 is only disappointing because some people were expecting us to win 3-0. In Europe we need to stay calm, as here some are flying from euphoria to depression. Sevilla didn’t have a single shot on target.

It looks like Allegri was sleeping during the game.Well that explains horrible tactics.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
The 0-0 is only disappointing because some people were expecting us to win 3-0. In Europe we need to stay calm, as here some are flying from euphoria to depression. Sevilla didn’t have a single shot on target.

It looks like Allegri was sleeping during the game.Well that explains horrible tactics.
But they didn't. :shifty:

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010

goddamn that's some del neri level of crack there...

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Matches like this one made me wish we got Matuidi or Witsel. Asamoah and Lemina were easily outmuscled and certainly didn't add anything offensively. I'm not holding it against Max for starting them, maybe they were great in training or whatever, but he should have acted earlier.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
or the problem might be that your paper valuations are not realistic. name me one team in history that got to CL semis trashing everyone for at least a few years straight lol. or do you consider this Juve the best team in history?

we have got a great team, but also lots of issues. thin midfield, bunch of useful players that don't fit together with our best players, our main goal source has been a choker so far in his career and many of our players are at a very tricky age and might decline rapidly this season.
Picture Bayern in our place and you'll see the difference. The difference is not in the individual qualities of each player its in the team's character. We dont have the arrogance of a top team. We have no fear factor. We grind out results as if we are ATM (only we dont do it as consistently as they have been doing it), when we should be more like Bayern. I am not over rating the squad. Allegri benched Pjanic by choice. And had he started we probably would have won (but still not in bayern like fashion) Bayern just destroyed a team starting with the likes of Kimmich and Bernat btw and were doing so last season too without Robbery.

FFS Our coach complains about the media setting high expectations for the team. If anything that shows a disconnect between Allegri/players and Marotta. Right before the game Marotta said "Tonight we must prove that we’re good as a matter of fact and not because of the many compliments we have received, We have a big squad and are happy to have an abundance of quality to choose from. The fact the coach can leave such strong players on the bench is a positive".

We have the best defense in Europe. A superb attack that can afford benching Mandzukic, and a very good midfield. Sevilla dont have a single player that can play for us. I seriously hope that we give a strong reaction the next game and start pounding teams properly.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
We have the best defense in Europe. A superb attack that can afford benching Mandzukic, and a very good midfield. Sevilla dont have a single player that can play for us. I seriously hope that we give a strong reaction the next game and start pounding teams properly.
I think your overrating our midfield and as for sevilla, id take Nzonzi anytime over Asamoah and Lemina.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Drawing at home against Sevilla is bad, but we still have 5 games to make up for it. What worries me the most is our approach to this game. In Allegris head the most important thing is to not conceive. That way we will get a draw as a minimum. We have Higuain and Dybala up front, so there is a good chance that one of them, will create a bit of individual magic, giving us a nice chance of a 1-0 or 2-0 victory.
If we want to become a powerhouse in Europe again, we need to drop this approach. You have to be willing to risk a loss to be a consistent winner. No more playing with 7 or 8 defensive minded players, in a home game in the CHL, against an inferior opponent.

We should go 4-3-3
Alves-BonBon-Barza/Benatia-AS
Khediara-Marchisio/Lemina-Pjanic
Dybala-Higuain_Cuadrado/Pjaca

That team would destroy Sevilla, Lyon and Dynamo. When we come up against Bayern, Real or Barca later on, then we can change to a more defensive approach to counter their strenghts.

Not going to happen though.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The meltdown in this thread is pathetic.

Y'all sound liek a bunch of spoilt kids. We didn't play well and Allegri made some questionable decisions. But some of the doomsday tendering post here are just beyond stupid.

Barca just lost at home to Alaves and then went on to absolutely trash Celtic. It ain't as simple as your FM2016-brains seem to think. Had Khedira and or Higuain scored, y'all would ahve sounded completely different 'cause y'all emotional state judges the game.
:agree: @Hydde ;)

:snoop:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Drawing at home against Sevilla is bad, but we still have 5 games to make up for it. What worries me the most is our approach to this game. In Allegris head the most important thing is to not conceive. That way we will get a draw as a minimum. We have Higuain and Dybala up front, so there is a good chance that one of them, will create a bit of individual magic, giving us a nice chance of a 1-0 or 2-0 victory.
If we want to become a powerhouse in Europe again, we need to drop this approach. You have to be willing to risk a loss to be a consistent winner. No more playing with 7 or 8 defensive minded players, in a home game in the CHL, against an inferior opponent.

We should go 4-3-3
Alves-BonBon-Barza/Benatia-AS
Khediara-Marchisio/Lemina-Pjanic
Dybala-Higuain_Cuadrado/Pjaca

That team would destroy Sevilla, Lyon and Dynamo. When we come up against Bayern, Real or Barca later on, then we can change to a more defensive approach to counter their strenghts.

Not going to happen though.
:shifty:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Picture Bayern in our place and you'll see the difference. The difference is not in the individual qualities of each player its in the team's character. We dont have the arrogance of a top team. We have no fear factor. We grind out results as if we are ATM (only we dont do it as consistently as they have been doing it), when we should be more like Bayern. I am not over rating the squad. Allegri benched Pjanic by choice. And had he started we probably would have won (but still not in bayern like fashion) Bayern just destroyed a team starting with the likes of Kimmich and Bernat btw and were doing so last season too without Robbery.

FFS Our coach complains about the media setting high expectations for the team. If anything that shows a disconnect between Allegri/players and Marotta. Right before the game Marotta said "Tonight we must prove that we’re good as a matter of fact and not because of the many compliments we have received, We have a big squad and are happy to have an abundance of quality to choose from. The fact the coach can leave such strong players on the bench is a positive".

I am picturing Bayern and even they with their superior mentality are only capable of easily defeating shit teams not Sevilla level teams. No one is constantly waltzing into semi-finals like it's nothing in Europe, every season every strong team struggles against some opponents and we should expect the same, we are not an exception. Last night was a tough game, we could've won but were not lucky enough and some of Allegri's choices did not pay off. We will advance to knock out's, but it won't be easy, we're not 10 levels above Seville or Lyon, they can still beat us if they have a great game and we have a bad one.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I don't understand why we always sacrifice CL for stupid Serie A, where we'd still win with our B team more often than not.
I mean, who gives a shit about beating Inter after all this? Beat Sevilla, then draw Inter, no one would care.
That's been the problem with Juventus for ages, we suck at prioritizing properly.
Because the Serie a always meant more to Italian clubs imo.
And the it the priority no matter how many Scudetti we won in a row.

But i'm sure Max will figure it out,and not repeat the same mistakes.:xfinger:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If we cant handle high expectations then we are not a top team. Thats such a weak thing to say by Allegri. Imagine Barca, Bayern or Madrid complained about the press raising expectations of the team.

Plus, press didnt invent anything. Marotta said we are aiming for the CL already more than once.
Aiming, yes. Thing is, press is making it look like we are walking over anything on the way there, as if we were Xavi's Barcelona. That breeds overconfidence in a side who has no european winning pedegree for the past 2 decades, which is very bad .So he adresses it.

- - - Updated - - -

I truly wonder what Maxx was thinking. Anyway, I'm not worried. He's not a stubborn guy. He likes to experiment but if it fails, he won't stick with it.

Hopefully he finds his perfect formula soon.
I had to +rep this outstanding post

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Because the Serie a always meant more to Italian clubs imo.
And the it the priority no matter how many Scudetti we won in a row.

But i'm sure Max will figure it out,and not repeat the same mistakes.:xfinger:
but don't they get it, one is a tournament of 38 games. We can afford to risk 3 points there from time to time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)