Martin Cáceres (11 Viewers)

Razzu

Nov 2, 2013
Hold on, we can still qualify with a win against the Danes and a draw (if Madrid beats them) or a win against the Turks.

Our destiny is in our hands, it's far from over. We're in a position similar to last year's, we perform better in the face of adversity.
yea but this year the president of gala promised 250k to every player and staff member if they beat us, last year there was no pressure on shaktar, its going to be really tough

Jul 1, 2010
yea but this year the president of gala promised 250k to every player and staff member if they beat us, last year there was no pressure on shaktar, its going to be really tough
Bullshit, that game decided who topped the groups and every team prefers to finish first in order to avoid the stronger teams.

So what if their president promises them money, we're still gonna beat them in front of their own fans. If this team plays to its potential, we'll definitely make it through.

Nov 17, 2012
I think some people need to cool their jets about Caceres, and yes I will confess to loving this bloke.

Still, he has proven he is capable in any defensive position he plays; he ably plays as either a RB or LB for Uruguay, he has served us well at RB/RWB (remains largely untested in a LB/LWB role here at Juve), and both at Sevilla and during our injury semi-crisis in the winter of 11/12, Caceres did very well to preserve our unbeaten run playing at CB, partnered by either Barzagli, Bonucci, and when both of those two were out, Vidal. He has the experience too, at 22 he was in great form for Uruguay when they went all the way to 4th place at the last world cup, only to trump that in the 2011 Copa America win (scoring the winning penalty with admirable composure and aplomb). Let's keep this in perspective, last year he was compromised by his knee injury in the pre-season at the Trofeo Berlusconi, then he suffered another niggle before that terrible car accident, then just when we was on the verge of coming back this year he suffered yet another set-back, after which the team (and obviously himself) opted for minor surgery. Now considering he's had little game time and is likely rusty, he did bloody well when thrown into the deep end at the Santiago Bernabeu in the previous game against Madrid, and his one critical error in this last game aside, played even better. Contrast that with the continuity that Chiellini and Bonucci have had over the last few years, and I'm certainly not putting Martin and Giorgio in the same category, Chiellini made a couple of silly slip-ups that are very uncharacteristic, but we can all agree that even the best of players suffer dips in form and lapses of judgement. However, look at the game time Bonucci gets and consider the number of blunders he has made, errors that from time to time determine the outcome of matches. There are players that have merited much more criticism than Martin, especially given his recent circumstances, we should be grateful to have such a champion that sits on our bench, ready and willing to face any opponent with fierce grinta, endless endeavour and unyielding determination, as he does.

Razzu

Nov 2, 2013
Bull$#@!, that game decided who topped the groups and every team prefers to finish first in order to avoid the stronger teams.

So what if their president promises them money, we're still gonna beat them in front of their own fans. If this team plays to its potential, we'll definitely make it through.
Ok, but playing a game when you're already qualified no matter what vs playing when you need a win is 2 different things, we couldn't even beat them here

Razzu

Nov 2, 2013
all I'm saying is its a different scenario, won't be easy at all, and i hope vidal doesn't get some bs yellow vs kobenhaven to make him miss gala

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
He did well in the game vs Madrid. Anyone can make such a mistake and I am happy he is here to stay. He and Lich makes our right side of defense very strong.
We should be looking at CB and LB if we want to strengthen the defense.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I've come straight to the bottom of this thread and haven't even bothered attempting to read the previous posts. People slating him are just Clowns.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
he would have been the man of the match had it not been for the silly mistake that led to the first goal. It would have been another victory over madrid for the history books.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
caceres was a true warrioir that match and we ALL saw conte pointing him to pass at barzagli but he was unfortunate. if litchsteiner comes back i still want to see him play at leftback please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)