Martin Cáceres (22 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Caceres' style of play at RB would be fine as long as we have Camoranesi at right-midfield. Having a more stay-at-home defender on the right side and an attacking player such as DC on the left would be similar to the Thuram and Zambrotta fullbacks under Lippi, which worked very well.

It might appear to be unbalanced but many great sides are, including that Lippi one. With Sissoko on the left side of midfield, or Poulsen, I think we CAN try DC at LB and give him a lot of matches. But I don't think it will happen, of course.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
IMO he should play CB, but he is decent option as an RB, but besides being reasonably mobile and good with the mobile, he approaches the RB position as a CB, bit like Ivanovic in Chelsea, not really suits him the best. But prefer him to Grygera already, who annoyed the fuck outta me against Inter.
He probably will, once Canna retires and Legro is too old to start.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think it will happen, Ciro will give DC a fair go. And depends on form, but prefer Zebina if he can healthy to the RB position.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Caceres is wicked defensively and looks confident.

He's average when attacking, he doesn't do as many mistakes as Zebina. Certainly first choice for RB!

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
pleny of options guys,thats for sure
brazzo and caceres can play both as RB or LB
DC can play left CM instead of LB
and ofcourse there is zebina who,when is healthy is definitely a starter on the right

NO SPACE FOR GRYGERA OR MOLINARO!!!

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Certainly not first choice, calm down :D We need offense from RB, and if Zebina is healthy, should be that player.
Why is he playing RB? Wasen't he bought in as a CB? I remember you correcting everybody who said he is gonne play as a terzino.

I guess we will se him as a RB mainly, maby he will cover LB if' it's needed.
As I said we diden't bought this kid to be a CB, as some of you believed.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
he can play any role in the back
we had legro-canna and chiellini as CBs tonight

as a matter of fact i dont think we'll see caceres a lot as CB at least this season

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
With Canna and Chiellini's incompatibility, the availability of Lergo, and the arrival of Caceres, we doesnt ferrara use Chiellini as a left back just like the old days, with Canna and legro playing as centre backs and Caceres sticking to the right.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
With Canna and Chiellini's incompatibility, the availability of Lergo, and the arrival of Caceres, we doesnt ferrara use Chiellini as a left back just like the old days, with Canna and legro playing as centre backs and Caceres sticking to the right.
Because that idea has been debunked time and time again. Chiellini is better as a CB, isn't very good going forward, and will suffer on the wings without any help while using a diamond midfield.

Jul 21, 2006

Canna is incompatible with Legro as well.
Killini + Legro is the most reliable CB pair at the moment.

I would prefer the option of a defensive RB (Caceres) + an offensive WB (De Ceglie)

Killini can switch to left side to cover LB when defending counterattacks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)