Martin Cáceres (35 Viewers)

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
i want to think caceres more like a DC that will fight with canna for a position and less as a backup wing back. i trust ferrara and i think that he can make DC and Zebina play their best so hopefully he won't be needed there at least as a starter. on the other hand i don't like the idea of canna being our starting DC no matter what.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
With Canna and Chiellini's incompatibility, the availability of Lergo, and the arrival of Caceres, we doesnt ferrara use Chiellini as a left back just like the old days, with Canna and legro playing as centre backs and Caceres sticking to the right.
No way, Chiellini's best position is as a CB, why play your best defender out of position?

Jul 9, 2008
No way, Chiellini's best position is as a CB, why play your best defender out of position?
100 % agreed ..

Chiellini is on the right way to be a legendary CB ..

on the left back, i give 6.5 or 7 out of 10 !

about Caceres .. we should give him a break .. against Milan, he was nervous and most of his passes were cut off ..

We need him more in the CB position .. anyway, we will see wut he's got ..

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He's a natural leftback that actually performs good as center back. I wouldn't hesitate to put him back there any second if we would have 2 classy and natural CB's
Chiellini is that natural classy center back. If he was a natural left back then he would play much better in that role then in center back.
Cacares has had very little game time for us to come to any conclusions as of yet.

Mar 14, 2004
Chiellini is that natural classy center back. If he was a natural left back then he would play much better in that role then in center back.
Cacares has had very little game time for us to come to any conclusions as of yet.

in both livorno and fiorentina,as well as he came back to Juve in SerieB and start of Serie A eh was used as left mid/fullback until Claudio was forced to try him as centerback. So,taking the facts into considerations,you know shit about football and recent history. Chiellini is not,by any weay and means a natural centerback,rather adopted to play as centerback.

SKY ITALIA Sport + calcio = 49€ per month......buy it,you may learn something

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
in both livorno and fiorentina,as well as he came back to Juve in SerieB and start of Serie A eh was used as left mid/fullback until Claudio was forced to try him as centerback. So,taking the facts into considerations,you know shit about football and recent history. Chiellini is not,by any weay and means a natural centerback,rather adopted to play as centerback.

SKY ITALIA Sport + calcio = 49€ per month......buy it,you may learn something
I know full well his history. But doesn't the fact that he is an immaculate CB and was an average LB/LM tell you he is more natural in a CB role whether he knew it 2 years ago or not.
Where a player plays their best football in = their natural position on the field.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He's a natural leftback that actually performs good as center back.
Nah, i wouldn't say that LB is his natural position. His body contruction, his ball control (pretty bad), his strenght, heading abbilities, marking, positioning, crossing (not good enough) scream Central Back. You look at his "nature" and you see a CB there. So his natural position is actually CB.

He started as a LB but that doesn't make LB his natural position. It only means that some coach early in Giorgio's career wrongly saw a LB in him. Or maybe the circumstances required from him to play LB back then.
One of his coaches ( i believe Casiraghi at the u-21) rightly noticed that Chiellini makes a better CB than a LB. Since then all his coaches consider him a CB, and rightly so.

Giorgio is simply too rough and too brutal on the ball. Very clumsy with the ball at his feet. You simply can't ask from him to play passing game, to make sweet crosses, to dribble opponents. I seriously don't see a LB when i look at him.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I distinctly remember when we first bought him ( before he was sent to Fiorentina ) he was supposed to play as a CB. Then he was playing as an LB until we got the injuries in Serie B and had to play him there occasionally.

Anyway as Allen said, he has the complete characteristics of good CB and an average LB. I didn't understand why he was even considered for LB when he played so well for us at CB.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
He started as a LB but that doesn't make LB his natural position. It only means that some coach early in Giorgio's career wrongly saw a LB in him. Or maybe the circumstances required from him to play LB back then.
:agree: While being an inexperienced youngster, he was fielded as a LB , where his defensive disadvantages back then and the lack of ability to read the game properly were less exposed than in a CB position: the team suffered less with him playing as a fullback. Once he learned how to become more decidedly at defending, Casiraghi and then Deschamps and also Ranieri were more eagerly placing him at the CB position. Doesn't matter, if they were forced to do it because of injuries or not: these circumstances only accelerated the inevitable: he's a centre-back who can also play as a full-back. Period.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I would say he is a Top 10 knocking on the Top 5 but I wouldn't mind him being a Top 3 soon ...

Back to Caceres, not too sure if Ferrara is playing him predominantly as a CB or RB ? Wasn't played at LB in the friendlies so far.
Since the loan is only for a season, do not want Juve to miss out on a good defender if he cannot play on his best position (which to me is unclear, probably a CB for now) on a more consistent basis.

Really like a robust Uruguayan defender in the roster and that he is drawing comparison with Montero, one of my fav Juve players ...

After all, he was once rated 16M Euro by Barca, so the raw talent must be there. Will be great for Juve to polish it and harnessing the glitters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)