Martin Cáceres (14 Viewers)

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Hmm, that would be my list too.

Puyol is the best defender in the history, but only under one condition: If you're playing PES 2009.

Elgerino

Feb 2, 2009
Seriously, I agree that if your going objectively, it's hard to say who's the best. It's debatable. It depends on the characteristic you prefer a CB to have. But, you can't deny that he's near the very top (I'm not talking about the whole football history, obviously). Puyol has a really great workrate for a defender. I like him a lot.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
5 days ago there was a friendly between Macedonia and Spain. I saw the highlights and the way Pandev was toying with Puyol was...... :howler:
I can't find full highlights so only the goals:

Fucking up the offside trap, being dribbled with ease etc.
I know, just a friendly match, but i never rated Puyol in the top 5 and i never will. This friendly against Pandev comes handy for my argument :D

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
If all our NT games lasted one half ,we would have been World Champions by now. Leading 2-0 at HT , conceding 3 goals in 5 min in the second half. :wallbang:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
If all our NT games lasted one half ,we would have been World Champions by now. Leading 2-0 at HT , conceding 3 goals in 5 min in the second half. :wallbang:
That would be a nasty trick on the opposition.

- So now we play the second half.
Ref: No, that's it, there is no second half.
- Whaaaaaat?

:D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Eℓvin;2106854 said:
Top 5 CBs (right now):

1. Puyol
2. Vidic
3. Chiellini
4. Ferdinand
5. Terry

Giorgone is in Top5 for sure.
He could be up there but his multiple clear and apparent mistakes push him out imo. And i would put Carvalho (spelling?) there.

Elgerino

Feb 2, 2009
5 days ago there was a friendly between Macedonia and Spain. I saw the highlights and the way Pandev was toying with Puyol was...... :howler:
I can't find full highlights so only the goals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9tDfiAbf0U

Fucking up the offside trap, being dribbled with ease etc.
I know, just a friendly match, but i never rated Puyol in the top 5 and i never will. This friendly against Pandev comes handy for my argument :D
haha :D I agree that it was really weak. But are you gonna rate Chiellini differently because of that one match against Chievo (That wasn't even a friendly) ? No, because you know the guy's class on his days. BTW, I'm curious to know who you consider to be in the very top 5 in these days.

May 22, 2007
Eℓvin;2106854 said:
Top 5 CBs (right now):

1. Puyol
2. Vidic
3. Chiellini
4. Ferdinand
5. Terry

Giorgone is in Top5 for sure.
Replace 4 and 5 with Piqué/Pepe and Carvalho. Terry/Ferdinand would probably come directly after those.

May 22, 2007
Harsh on Ferdinand perhaps (recently saw the England-Holland match) but I do think Pepe is a brilliant defender, like Carvalho is. Prefer them both to Terry. Piqué easily has a case as well for top 5 (definitely going to be one of the top of the decade with the way he is progressing).

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Terry is definately the best for me. A true leader. Ferdinant is good but has been better in the past. Vidic is one of the best. Pepe is not in the list, nor Carvalho. Puyol is very good too and always was a leader for Barca. Pique has been fantastic last year, but just one good year does not put you in the top-5. In addition to that i rate Jamie Carragher very high. He is a very good defender and so many years he is fighting with not so good defenders around him. He is their Chiellini. If i could make a top 6 instead of a top 5, i could put him there...

According to me the top 6 is:

1 - Terry
2 - Vidic
3 - Chiellini
4 - Puyol
5 - Ferdinand
6 - Carragher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)