Mario Gomez - Forward - Bayern Munich (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

javi_berti

May 1, 2005
Gomez could be our Klose except 7 years younger
There's just so few of Klose's abilities in Gomez' game. They're so different. Klose is a real teamplayer and he has skills other than scoring. Gomez on the other hand is just your typical poacher. In my opinion just not what we need and not enough, if any, upgrade over Llorente

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:lol: :lol:

The ageing is not doing you any favours, Master.
:shifty: I am being serious. Gomez is not the type of player we need; if we had WC wingers like Ribery and Robben, then you might have a case, but as things stand, we definitely don't need a poacher like him :stuckup:

You are still young and unwise. Someday, you shall learn :D

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I don't understand why we're not on this one? We're clearly in need of a finisher and since Viola can afford him, he's obviously not that expensive. As of right now, Llorente is the only sure CF we got. Quag and Matri are probably on their ways out. Gomez to fight it out with Llorente next to Tevez is perfect. He's only 27 and has scored close to 170 goals(!!!) in last 5 years in all competitions.

I'm very surprised Beppe is not all over him, very surprised. Cheap quality player from a team who just wants to get rid of him?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Because Gomez wants to play and doesn't want to be benched again.. I would love to have him too but it really is an unecessary transfer.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Completely unnecessary.

We have Il Re Leone. We have Tevez. Matri/Quag is more than a competent back-up.

Invest in Jovetic, a promising future prospect.

Anyways, Gomez' agent said Mario prefers Italy and hopes he'll be at Fiorentina in a few days.

May 22, 2007
Gómez would bench Llorente, based on how their careers have gone to this point.

It could be salary difficulties, Juventus just brought in two players that will take €20m a year.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I don't want Fernando on the bench

- - - Updated - - -

would be lame to have all this hype for 7-8 months then see him relegated to the bench..

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Completely unnecessary.

We have Il Re Leone. We have Tevez. Matri/Quag is more than a competent back-up.

Invest in Jovetic, a promising future prospect.

Anyways, Gomez' agent said Mario prefers Italy and hopes he'll be at Fiorentina in a few days.
What does Jovetic have to do with it? He's not a CF and isn't available on the cheap.

So we have to send Llorente or Gomez to the bench?
I don't really care if Llorente is on the bench or not as long as Gomez is outperforming him and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)