Mario Gomez - Forward - Bayern Munich (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:D Well let's use that 22 mil number that's been floating around. That should be enough for Gomez and then, by the greatest miracle ever witnessed by humanity, Marotta manages to find buyers for our so called "dead wood," leaving enough for Tevez or Jovetic or someone. Live in reality but dream big, my friend :touched:.
We should get a Tevez or JoJo type player first, and then someone like Gomez if we have the funds, not the other way round :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Gomez is a good scorer and this is what we need the most, esp considering the ammount of SSs we own (Vucinic, Giovinco, Giaccherini, Matri, Pepe etc) none of them can score more than 15goals/season, they can support the scorer but cant finish.
Llorente alone is not enough, he comes from the bench and forwards coming from spain are always a risk in Italy.
Even if he delivers as expected, he is only one man and we could use one more to rotate in three competitions, clearly the other forwards we have cannot offer much as finishers.

If we fail at Higuain, (and we will long as Marotta is our transfer manager) personally i would be pleased with Gomez, i ve heard Bayern will try to sell him, but i dont see how he is connected with us, i think its too far fetched...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Matri and Pepe are SS?
Pepe is more like a RM IMO, but everyone here and Conte rate him as right hidden forward and use him as such.
Matri is a forward, who never managed to score more than 15goals in a season, he helps upfront and supports the attacking line, but if he cant be a 20goal/season scorer, then he is not a finisher!
No matter of his built, height, etc, a finisher must finish with consistency, this is why i objected buying Amauri, Matri, Iaquinta and many more as our prime finishers, i dont disrespect their overall characteristics, but a finisher must score above everything else and they cant go past the 15 digit, which is a number the SSs and CMs like Vidal reach as well, not a finisher!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Oh, so <15 goals is a SS and 20+ is a striker. Gotcha.
Exactly, a finisher score at least 20goals in 33 league games, gomez for example score more than 25, this is a finisher!
And if we include cup and CL, a finisher ought to reach 25-30 goals.

The only of our forwards that has such finishing skills that could reach those digits is Quaq, but lacks the consistency to be the prime finisher, always did in his carrier and same goes with us.

Llorente scores about 17-18goals/season, not good enough but still better than what we have now.
A proper full blown finisher like higuain or gomez would get us to the next level though!

PS: there are always exceptions, DP for one, was such a magnificent player, that could create, support and finish with the same ease, but such players are extremely rare and it will take a lot of time before we can find a again such a gem. Because of him though, we tend to underestimate the importance of the finisher and overrate the presence of the SS, we think that they will start scoring like DP and the goals will just score themselves somehow...
Barely now we have realised the need for a dedicated finisher and if it wasnt for Vidal, we would crave for such a player even more.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Vucinic, Quag and Gio are all SS's, Matri and Llorente are Strikers as is Gomez

If we get Gomez then

Gomez-Vucinic, Gomez-Quags, Gomez-Gio

and also

Llorente-Vucinic, Llorente-Quags, Llorente-Gio

it gives us more options and probably one of our current strikers will be sold, Gomez is a finisher and a bloody good one as that, with out wing-backs, midfield, and the ss supporting his and Llorente (which ever plays) then he will easily be a 20+ goals a season person, something we need.

chocolate out.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Striker holds a broader sense, SS is a striker, a supporting striker, a striker that can contribute, but not having finishing as his main attribute.
CF is smth that can describe Matri as well and any tall/massive striker who can play the role of a target man tactically.

But this is not what we lack the most, we lack a finisher!!
This is not what Matri is, never was, never will be, Gomez is a finisher, Matri is not! Simply because that he is not prolific enough.

It was a mistake to get him as such, a mistake we have repeated with Iaquinta and Amauri and others, but we have yet to learn...
What we need is a prolific finisher, someone to put the ball in the back of the net with consistency, a +20 goal scorer/season, in rest we are covered.

We had none of that since Trezequet left, Llorente comes close, but he is not enough, our priority remains there!
We have a lot of options to support him, as chocolate says, even in a 4-3-3/3-4-3 formation.

Imagine a trident Giovinco - Gomez - Vucinic

Giaccherini/Matri - Llorente - Pepe/Quaq on the bench/rotation!!

OP
rakib567

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
  • Thread Starter #53
    i was thinking of having 2 finishers in A 3-5-2

BUFFON

BARZAGLI BONUCCI CHIELLINI

LITCHESTEINER VIDAL PIRLO MARCHISIO ASAMOAH

LLORENTE GOMEZ

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)