Manuel Da Costa (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
Same goes to messi, diego and cronaldo then. We might aswell get Volpi instead then going by the way you are looking at it.
ok, you just took my point and interpreted it the wrong way. i said before that da costa was an excellent defender at psv, but we could not gauge how he'd play in serie A. i was not saying he would be bad in serie A. zlatan was excellent at ajax, and we took him and gave him games.....and look how good he is now. i was not making a point about whether we should or should not get da costa, i was making a point about his talent, and that he could become a good serie A defender. he may just need games.

Buy on AliExpress.com

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
alex 10, could you tell me what would be your PERFECT line-up untill the end of the season. Just 3 players you are not allowed to include please:
1.) Messi
2.) Lampard
3.) Vidic

Thank you!

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
No he has only made one apperance for them in more than one season. If he was any good don't you think they would have played him more than just once. So therefore if he is not deemed good enough at an inferior club why is he all of a sudden good enough to play for my team? It does'nt add up.

The club need to stop being tight, and invest in adequate players. The club are becoming obsessed with loans and free transfers. Our total expenditure in defence in over a year has been 500,000 euros, this is fucking pathetic. Instead of signing mediocre players like Da costa and Knezevic the club should sign quality defenders.

Instead of having wet-dreams over messi, why does'nt andrea sign an adequate defender for the club.
dude, u should really stop posting. he made 1 appearance. how many players make their debuts in a new league and have excellent games? and i'm going to repeat this..... he could be good or he could not make the grade, but players can only b judged based on how they play in matches, not how many games they have not played.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
This transfer isn't that pointless.

Chiellini-Legro are doing great so far and hopefully they won't get injured.Legro is not getting any younger while Knežević will leave us at the end of the season,don't forget that.Zebina can leave too due to being injured non-stop so Mellberg can even be re-located to our right side.

I see us selling Criscito if this happens though.

alex'10

Sep 17, 2008
ok, you just took my point and interpreted it the wrong way. i said before that da costa was an excellent defender at psv, but we could not gauge how he'd play in serie A. i was not saying he would be bad in serie A. zlatan was excellent at ajax, and we took him and gave him games.....and look how good he is now. i was not making a point about whether we should or should not get da costa, i was making a point about his talent, and that he could become a good serie A defender. he may just need games.
You still don't get it. Da costa is not good enough, full-stop. In over a season he is not managed to make even over a single apperance for Fiorentina, if he is not good to get in to the Fiorentina defence, who have an inferior back-line to ours, then obviously he cannot manage to get in to a superior back-line.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Actually, i'm against this signing.
I'd accept Da Costa without a word if he comes here on loan till the end of the season (like Stendardo last year). That way we'll only add a 4th choice CB, who'll get to play only in case 2 of the other CBs are unavailable. Just a security measure.

But if we buy him it may easily mean that we won't even go after a CB in June.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
This transfer isn't that pointless.

Chiellini-Legro are doing great so far and hopefully they won't get injured.Legro is not getting any younger while Knežević will leave us at the end of the season,don't forget that.Zebina can leave too due to being injured non-stop so Mellberg can even be re-located to our right side.

I see us selling Criscito if this happens though.
oh no, i haven't really been following how criscito is doing, but i've read some good things. if it means selling criscito, i'd say no.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Good post.
This guy needs to go back to his day job, commenting on GOALDOTCOM

Alex 10Torino

screw ranieri, succo and BLANK
WE MUST SIGN DIEGO!!!!!! WA WA WA WA:cry:

I have a brilliant Idea let rejuvenate/ressurect some classic players and bring them back and defeat Inter

My team for 2010
------------------------------Yashin----------------
--------------------Moore---Baresi---Maldini--------------
--------------------------Beckenbauer ©----------------
---------Garrincha---Di Stefano---Cruyff---Maradona---
----------------------------Pele--------------------------
------------------------------------Ronaldo---------------

Bench: Banks, Nesta, Platini, Zidane, Van Basten.

1. Yashin
6. Moore
4. Baresi
3. Maldini
5. Beckenbauer ©
7. Garrincha
8. Di Stefano
14. Cruyff
11. Maradona
10. Pele
9. Ronaldo

2. Banks
13. Nesta
12. Platini
21. Zidane
18. Van Basten

Coach Zagallo

FORBA Juvvvveeeee
where's paro?

:D

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Agreed :)

alex'10

Sep 17, 2008
I'd accept Da Costa without a word if he comes here on loan till the end of the season (like Stendardo last year). That way we'll only add a 4th choice CB, who'll get to play only in case 2 of the other CBs are unavailable. Just a security measure.

This would be a short term-fix. I actually thought the club were finally going to invest in a quality defenders, but instead they went for the cheap-option, signed a player on a bossman and signed another on loan, this is not how a big club goes about it's business, we are not a midtable club ffs. There are far better than Da'costa.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
You still don't get it. Da costa is not good enough, full-stop. In over a season he is not managed to make even over a single apperance for Fiorentina, if he is not good to get in to the Fiorentina defence, who have an inferior back-line to ours, then obviously he cannot manage to get in to a superior back-line.
Giovinco is a bad player too. He didn't even manage to play more than 2 or 3 (I don't know the correct number) from the beginning in our midfield, thats an inferior midfield compared to Barcelona!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

If we are planning to use Mellberg just as CB next season I say no to this transfer.

But seeing us want him makes me think our staff is planning to use him just as RB since Zebina is always injured and there aren't many options for the right side at the moment.That way this transfer makes sense...but yet again we could screw Criscito with this move if we buy some great CB this summer.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
you still dont get it yourself, we're looking for backup cbs not somebody to displace legro or chiellini, in another words we're looking to replace knezevic.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
we do need to sign a great CB in the summer. da costa is not the defender we need, but the club may need a squad player in case there are further injuries. a loan move would b good for us as we would have the necessary cover and we could make a move for the defender we need in the summer. are there other defenders we could look at? and i am also not seeing criscito at juve unless we let go of melberg or legro (which i don't think will happen).

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
why do we need another back-up defender?

just bring back Criscito for next season
100% I would prefer this too.
but Domenico seems to have some sort of dislike towards us because of the season before. It would be hard work for us to convince a player who is far happier whre he is now, he plays with his heart for genoa, you can tell becuase he plays excellent, but if he dosn't like us for mistreating him then=not botherd too much about club=doesn't play with heart=sub-standard displays=poor move.
this is what bothers me about his situation.
It's not like Giovinco who couldn't wait to getbackwith us and give us his all, cristico is quite the opposite and I kinda find that he has a dislike that is quite irrational, he was still so young after all, he had to accept being thrown to the bench but he couldn't, not with such humidity that Giovinco D.C and Marchisio have done anyway. He couldn't have surely expected to be treated like a WC player

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
you still dont get it yourself, we're looking for backup cbs not somebody to displace legro or chiellini, in another words we're looking to replace knezevic.
Yes, but can't it be done by loaning a defender for the next 5-6 months?
Since we already have Criscito i don't see the need to buy a defender who'll be 4th in the pecking order.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Yes, but can't it be done by loaning a defender for the next 5-6 months?
Since we already have Criscito i don't see the need to buy a defender who'll be 4th in the pecking order.
how can you be so sure?
Yes I know we do have his contract and we own his ass, but he has every right to reject us, read my above post to see what I mean:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)