Manuel Da Costa (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Then again, there is always the option to loan him out somewhere next year. Buy him now, use him as an emergency measure, loan him out to Siena next year and get 6pts in return from them :D

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yes, but can't it be done by loaning a defender for the next 5-6 months?
Since we already have Criscito i don't see the need to buy a defender who'll be 4th in the pecking order.
i dont object to a loan deal, like i said any defender we buy is simply to replace knezevic. But i do object any deals for a so called world class player more impossibly in january. as for criscito, i dont know what plans we have for him, be it play him cb, left bk or sold off, but if we're to buy da costa it will most likely rule him out playing cb next season unless we convert mellberg into back up rb

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
lol. i like that 6 pts return, but i have a dream of criscito in our back line. may not happen, but i still have hope that criscito can make the grade at juve.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Actually, i'm against this signing.
I'd accept Da Costa without a word if he comes here on loan till the end of the season (like Stendardo last year). That way we'll only add a 4th choice CB, who'll get to play only in case 2 of the other CBs are unavailable. Just a security measure.

But if we buy him it may easily mean that we won't even go after a CB in June.
Same here for the same reasons.

We will just get another quantity player for the sake of it instead of quality, like we have been doing too much for the last years. That is, if we sign him. If its a half-season loan, dont mind it. But I rather have Criscito in the squad, and sign a real top CB in January, then get more dead weight backup that just adds to the numbers.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Then again, there is always the option to loan him out somewhere next year. Buy him now, use him as an emergency measure, loan him out to Siena next year and get 6pts in return from them :D
I see this happening:

We sell the cristico to genoa because we buy someone else and we need to make some money back up so we agree to the deal for the sake of it.
remember cristico is like the puppy you tease but when it grows up it bites back at you hard for vengance, never forgetting what you did.
So cristico continues at Geona and in a few years Milan, Napoli, Fiorentina or Roma buy him. We regret it big time.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Eboue?:lol: Alex:lol:

You crack me up. If you're going to suggest players to sign, at least make sure there any good.
I didn't end up winning Champions League and Serie A in my Football Manager game.

I'm looking realistic and considering players we're linked with (except Alex,but his price is in our reach probably)

But I know you would like this

LB: Lahm,Clichy
CB: Marquez,Ramos,Mexes and Nesta
RB: Maicon,Alves

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
How about?

Left back: Molinaro
Back up: De Ceglie
Central Back:Chiellini & Alex
Back up CB: Da Costa & Legro
Right Back:Eboue & Mellberg

:oops:
There is absolutely no need for Da Costa here.
We already have Grygera for RB so just put Mellberg in Da Costa's place and it's much better.

Mellberg won't like to be a 4th choice CB, but i think he'll like it more than being a 2nd choice RB. Olof is a CB, not a RB. He was forced to play on the flanks and he made it clear that he doesn't want to play there regularly.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
We already have Grygera for RB so just put Mellberg in Da Costa's place and it's much better.

Mellberg won't like to be a 4th choice CB, but i think he'll like it more than being a 2nd choice RB. Olof is a CB, not a RB. He was forced to play on the flanks and he made it clear that he doesn't want to play there regularly.
he said he does'nt but olof is a good team player if he was asked to play there he wouldn't whine about it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

I know but I was just pointing out how it can look like if we get Da Costa.

If we really can't play Olof there then there is no need for this transfer,it's all I wanted to say.

alex'10

Sep 17, 2008
I didn't end up winning Champions League and Serie A in my Football Manager game.

I'm looking realistic and considering players we're linked with (except Alex,but his price is in our reach probably)

But I know you would like this

LB: Lahm,Clichy
CB: Marquez,Ramos,Mexes and Nesta
RB: Maicon,Alves

Not really. I would sign Zapata and Rafinha in January, two quality defenders and sign Grosso at the end of the season when he is out of contract to help nurture De ceglie at left back and offload the useless molinaro.

Rafinha, grygera
De ceglie. Grosso
Zapata, Chiellini, Legro, Cristico, Melberg

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not really. I would sign Zapata and Rafinha in January for, two quality defenders and sign Grosso at the end of the season when he is out of contract to help nuture De ceglie at left back and offload the useless molinaro.

Rafinha, grygera
De ceglie. Grosso
Zapata, Chiellini, Legro, Cristico
I was talking about summer signings.Except for Da Costa.

You do realise Zapata and Rafinha won't leave in January though?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Not really. I would sign Zapata and Rafinha in January, two quality defenders and sign Grosso at the end of the season when he is out of contract to help nurture De ceglie at left back and offload the useless molinaro.

Rafinha, grygera
De ceglie. Grosso
Zapata, Chiellini, Legro, Cristico, Melberg
sign zapata and rafinha in january AHAHAHA lets sign messi whilst we are at it. there is no hope in hell udinese and schalke will sell their assets in january especially since they have objectives this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)