Manuel Da Costa (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Nice to see that we are actively interested on CBs, but we dont need another back up solution, we need someone who would start ahead of Criscito and Boumsong, someone of superior quality...

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
If i was to choose another Portuguese centre back,it would either be Meira or R.Carvalho,although the latter might be just a little bit too hard to get...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
This guy is NOT going to improve our defence. Alex made Da Costa look good, when the former was injured the latter was hopeless.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
:lol:
i have mixed feelings about Criscito. If we dont sign another CB then its his time to shine, but what if he doesnt impress, what if he is a flop, then we are in trouble
that's why I say we blood him in eventually...if we start him now and doesn't do well you know that Juve is unforgiving with poor performers...so assure Cris that he is here for the long haul and give him opportunities over the duration of the season

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Da Costa has some real rough spots. Not a starter for this year, IMO, but more an investment for the future.

I think Da Costa has the potential to be a top notch defender. But he needs time and patience, which we don't have for our defensive needs this season.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Da Costa has some real rough spots. Not a starter for this year, IMO, but more an investment for the future.

I think Da Costa has the potential to be a top notch defender. But he needs time and patience, which we don't have for our defensive needs this season.
so in another words we have no need for potentially good defenders because we already have one - criscito

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Let me give you a potential scenario:

-We will sell Chiellini to Man City for a decent amount
-We will buy Heinze
-and a youngster with the rest of the money, someone like Da Costa
-We might keep Da Costa as a back up and loan Criscito to Genoa

That would be a very stupid course of action IMO, but our managers are capable of similar acts...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Let me give you a potential scenario:

-We will sell Chiellini to Man City for a decent amount
-We will buy Heinze
-and a youngster with the rest of the money, someone like Da Costa
-We might keep Da Costa as a back up and loan Criscito to Genoa

That would be a very stupid course of action IMO, but our managers are capable of similar acts...
I'm not sure if Man U will agree to sell us Heinze if we sell Chiellini to Man City.

I know Man City can't compete for the league but Fergie stilll won't be keen to see them strengthened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)