Luka Modrić (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Do I sense a hint of nationalistic bias?:p
:disagree: modric has a lot to give, but diego has more, he is more complete and his vision is just as good as modric's(his top attribute). I see this one as a no brainer allthough I would love either one of them.
You could not be more wrong. Diego is nowhere near to being the more complete player to Modric. Only thing Diego has over Modric is (perhaps) vision, nothing else. Modric completely runs the midfield, not just the attack and feeding the ball to attackers. He's a playmaker with incredible workrate, when he looses the ball he chases it. Yes he's active in defensive duties as well, Diego is not. His vision and view of the game is top notch, his passing is sublime and when he gets the ball to his feet he's incredibly fast running with it. His shooting is again top notch, but truth be told, so is Diego's. He's of a small physique but is incredibly tough and doesn't fall down when the wind blows, Diego does.

Diego is a typcial fantasista, Modric is so much more than that.
He is superios to you. Not to me. Diego IMO is one of the best players out there. I'm not following all Tottenham matches and I'm sure you're not either. I've seen him with the Croatia NT and I liked him a lot. But he's no Diego to me.
I'm not following all Tottenham matches, I only followed the last two and Modric was very good but still settling in.

I think I've had enough of this bullshit. I say you stop being an idiot and don't try to turn me into an anti-croatia or balkan. Hating on your faggot Ibrahimovic doesn't mean I have something against Croatia or Bosnia. Had your head had 1% of brain you would notice that I was cheering for Croatia after Italy at the World Cup after what they have done to England.

For the last time, you and others, stop trying to make me look as If I have anything against the Balkans. And again, hating on your idol zlatan has nothing to do with Nationality.

If you can't debate on the two players or argue, then keep it for someone else, but don't try to play a dirty game.
Easy there tiger, what I meant was don't call on my national bias, nothing to do with you and your potential dislike of all Balkan players(which is evident IMO).

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I would say that Diego probably has more ability, but Modric would be a better signing for Juve due to his superior workrate.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Modric is the superior player to Diego. Anyone who saw this guy play regulary knows just what he's capable of.

And please, do not play the nationality card, it has absolutelly nothing to do with it, Modric is simply that good.
Sorry, I wont play the nationalistic card, but whatever your nationality is, there is no wa Modric is superior then Diego, not EVEN CLOSE (Modric is more complete, but its clear as heck Diego has more ability and skill). Modric is a class player, but he needs to show way more to justify statements like yours.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Take of your frickin glasses, you moron! He was not more then OK against Arsenal, it was frustrating to sit and watch how he always tried to make through balls, which either ended up at a wrong destination or luckily hit an arsenal player on the way, and ended up being an assist! Not to talk about how he constantly got physically outclassed by every arsenal player.

You rate him higher then Diego? Let me just quote you on that one...
I don't need glasses, but you do need common sense. FFS, you base your opinion on a 6,7 games where he played in a new leauge in a team that was in complete shambles. Sorry, but that's enough to class you as an idiot.

Against Arsenal I believe he was the best rated Tottenham player after Bentley. Not to mention he practically earned the draw at the end.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
You could not be more wrong. Diego is nowhere near to being the more complete player to Modric. Only thing Diego has over Modric is (perhaps) vision, nothing else. Modric completely runs the midfield, not just the attack and feeding the ball to attackers. He's a playmaker with incredible workrate, when he looses the ball he chases it. Yes he's active in defensive duties as well, Diego is not. His vision and view of the game is top notch, his passing is sublime and when he gets the ball to his feet he's incredibly fast running with it. His shooting is again top notch, but truth be told, so is Diego's. He's of a small physique but is incredibly tough and doesn't fall down when the wind blows, Diego does.
:howler: you really know that much about football ? Diego's only got vision?

He's got vision, passing ability, shooting ability, taking freekicks, controlling the game, killing rhythm of the game( I assume you don't know what that is), scoring, playing ST, AMF, play maker role.

Modric can do more defensive work than Diego, but he is in no way better. But you can't compare the two when it comes to passing, dribbling, shooting etc. Diego is better.

Easy there tiger, what I meant was don't call on my national bias, nothing to do with you and your potential dislike of all Balkan players(which is evident IMO).
Then IMO, you can go screw yourself alongside Ibrahimovic.....If disliking Balkan players has to do with your Zlatan then do what I'm asking you.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007

Diego is a typcial fantasista, Modric is so much more than that.
I beg to differ, diego has strength and a lot more of it than modric, he is able to muscle players of the ball, the last time I saw him he wasn't afraid to get stuck in at all.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Sorry, I wont play the nationalistic card, but whatever your nationality is, there is no wa Modric is superior then Diego, not EVEN CLOSE (Modric is more complete, but its clear as heck Diego has more ability and skill). Modric is a class player, but he needs to show way more to justify statements like yours.
He has already shown cosiderebly more on the international stage. But as that is not a viable and fair comparison, because of the nations involved, so is not judging them on club performances. Diego already has a number of years on the European stage, Modric has just entered the European stage(he was held in our leauge for too long against his will).

Besides, I really don't see what is it that Diego has shown in his career? A flop at Porto for two years, one good season at Werder. Modric's accomplishments on the international stage alone beat that.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

:howler: you really know that much about football ? Diego's only got vision?

He's got vision, passing ability, shooting ability, taking freekicks, controlling the game, killing rhythm of the game( I assume you don't know what that is), scoring, playing ST, AMF, play maker role.

Modric can do more defensive work than Diego, but he is in no way better. But you can't compare the two when it comes to passing, dribbling, shooting etc. Diego is better.

Then IMO, you can go screw yourself alongside Ibrahimovic.....If disliking Balkan players has to do with your Zlatan then do what I'm asking you.
Can you read? I said THE ONLY THING DIEGO HAS OVER MODRIC IS VISION, not he only has vision. All those things Modric has, if not better than Diego, than on par with him.

I swear sometimes I think you judge players on their looks. You think Diego is pretty, don't you?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Can you read? I said THE ONLY THING DIEGO HAS OVER MODRIC IS VISION, not he only has vision. All those things Modric has, if not better than Diego, than on par with him.

I swear sometimes I think you judge players on their looks. You think Diego is pretty, don't you?
Then I assume you haven't watched Diego or you don't really follow Bundesliga from time to time.

I think Diego is good looking....and I also think that you do need to play football from time to time to learn a thing or two about this game.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
dear me vlatko what have u gotten yr self in lol. easy guys.

as for modric i will be very honest here he has been nothing special compared to his form in the euro's but thats just normal considering its a lot of coping to do in england and the english way of playing. an example that comes to mind is eduardo he started out slow and then exploded into one of the best players uo until his injury. i say give modric some time at least until christmas and then evaluate if he is better than diego or not.

vlatko that modric is better than diego bit when a weee bit over board. currently speaking diego is a more superior player but i dont see modric being far behind and time will prove that modric has quality. its just a matter of when he completely settles.

i think moving to spurs was a wrong move for him, but we just have to wait and see how this turns out now that harry is in charge.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

azzuri 7 said:
Then I assume you haven't watched Diego or you don't really follow Bundesliga from time to time.

I think Diego is good looking....and I also think that you do need to play football from time to time to learn a thing or two about this game.
I've seen a lot more of Diego than you and everyone else in this thread, has seen of Modric combined.

I knew it, that's probably why Del Piero is better than Ibrahimovic. In your world of course. Your last point is simply moronic.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I've seen a lot more of Diego than you and everyone else in this thread, has seen of Modric combined.

I knew it, that's probably why Del Piero is better than Ibrahimovic. In your world of course. Your last point is simply moronic.
Yeah, because in reality Ibrahimovic is better player than Del Piero:lol2::lol2:

Seriously, stop looking like a jerk.... and next time you want to accuse me of being Anti something, go fix that post of yours where you insulted Muslim and Islam people and post it in English. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)