Luka Modrić (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Do you not feel a Sissoko-Zanetti or a Sissoko-Tiago midfield pair would offer a good balance between mobility and technical ability?
Emerson and Vieira had some technical ability and strong defensive ability. The only thing they lacked was pace. Blasi had a lot of pace and running ability though, but couldn't save his life when he had the ball. So one has to realize that you either have to beat the English sides at their own game or beat them with possession, hence why I have such opinions.

Sissoko - Zanetti would be the way to go, but it remains to be seen if they can provide us fifth gear compared to our two, as these English sides can step it up to fifth gear. I know we won't play a possession game, or a high paced game, so the hope is... I have no idea. The brilliance of our main offensive players and Sissoko I suppose.

The fact that we think Zanetti is a magically technical player is flat out strange.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Emerson and Vieira had some technical ability and strong defensive ability. The only thing they lacked was pace. Blasi had a lot of pace and running ability though, but couldn't save his life when he had the ball. So one has to realize that you either have to beat the English sides at their own game or beat them with possession, hence why I have such opinions.

Sissoko - Zanetti would be the way to go, but it remains to be seen if they can provide us fifth gear compared to our two, as these English sides can step it up to fifth gear. I know we won't play a possession game, or a high paced game, so the hope is... I have no idea. The brilliance of our main offensive players and Sissoko I suppose.

The fact that we think Zanetti is a magically technical player is flat out strange.
Who thinks that?

He is a decent passer and gives us more than the other DMs. I've never seen anyone go so far as to claim he is technically brilliant.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I was being sarcastic.

Emerson and Vieira were more technically sound than Zanetti, but the latter may be marginally a better passer than Emerson. More longer range type sorties.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He's a player with ball winning capabilities and a wide range of passing, "technically brilliant" or even "fantastic passer" is taking it a tad too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)