Luka Modrić (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Juventus plan Modric swoop

Reports in Italy suggest Juventus are putting together a bid for Tottenham and Croatia trequartista Luka Modric.

The 23-year-old has endured a difficult start to life in North London since moving from Dinamo Zagreb in the summer, although he is not rumoured to be looking for a move.

The diminutive youngster was frequently played out of position by Juande Ramos, but has been returned to his preferred role behind the striker by Harry Redknapp.

The consensus is that Juventus will take Modric on loan in January with a view to a permanent transfer next summer.

Juventus have been linked with several renowned playmakers over the last year, most notably Bayern Munich's Bastian Schweinsteiger, Olympiakos' Luciano Galletti and Werder Bremen's Diego.

Diego's father, who is also his agent, was reportedly in Turin on Tuesday, but Juventus managing director Jean-Claude Blanc denied that any talks had taken place.

-http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct30h.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's from Tuttosport and it's without any quotes.

Modric is cup-tied, he and his team finally started performing better under Redknapp, and there is no chance to get him on loan.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

This would be probably best thing that could happen to us and yes, I'd include Diego in that statement.

But it's not gonna happen, he's adapting to EPL and Redknapp has only words of praise for him. Usual Tuttosport crap, I wouldn't be surprised if it originated from a goal.com article.

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Just our luck then. We don't go for these types of players when we have the opportunity.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    The story I read said you guys were gonna spend a fortune. Like 30 mil Euros or something.

Another said that you guys are hoping cash strapped Liverpool will sell Gerrard on the cheap in January.

At this moment, unless it has a reliable source. Toss it.

Though Modric may be a good fit for Juve.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Only Goal.com, Tuttosport and some minor sources (probably Maher-ing the aforementioned) are reporting this, so I call bullshit. As Blanc denied Diego, they looked for another playmaker and here ya go

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    lets pray that he plays like Molinaro high on weed for the next few months and that they'd be forced to sell/loan... slim chance of that happening though...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)