Luka Modrić (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Take of your frickin glasses, you moron! He was not more then OK against Arsenal, it was frustrating to sit and watch how he always tried to make through balls, which either ended up at a wrong destination or luckily hit an arsenal player on the way, and ended up being an assist! Not to talk about how he constantly got physically outclassed by every arsenal player.

You rate him higher then Diego? Let me just quote you on that one...

Thats not true he was one of the Spuds best players against us, and it was an interesting battle between him and Cesc.

Mar 14, 2004
Take of your frickin glasses, you moron! He was not more then OK against Arsenal, it was frustrating to sit and watch how he always tried to make through balls, which either ended up at a wrong destination or luckily hit an arsenal player on the way, and ended up being an assist! Not to talk about how he constantly got physically outclassed by every arsenal player.

You rate him higher then Diego? Let me just quote you on that one...

MoM according to UK audience.......

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Bentley, Jenas and heck even Woodgate made a bigger impression to me, then Modric. But then again, I don't expect a jack shit from those players i mentioned, while i expect some more from Modric.

And Cruello, he was NOT, i don't care who made that up. Besides the spurs players i mentioned, several Arsenal players played a very noticeable match, wich were more impressive then Modric. Specially Sylvestre and Van Persie.

This is my opinion, but i know alot of other Arsenal fans agree with me.

alex'10

Sep 17, 2008
Modric is showing his true qualities. Another man of the match preformance. We should sign him in janaury and get rid of some of the dead-wood like Tiago and poulsen.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Modric is showing his true qualities. Another man of the match preformance. We should sign him in janaury and get rid of some of the dead-wood like Tiago and poulsen.
you're dead wood to this forum, can we get rid of you?

honestly we will be so f*cked if someone like sissoko got injured because poulsen is his only natural replacement, not modric

alex'10

Sep 17, 2008
honestly we will be so f*cked if someone like sissoko got injured because poulsen is his only natural replacement, not modric
Good point:tup: But we still need a player of modric's quality i.e. a playmaker, that can thread the killer passes, provide the ammo to the strikers and generally bring creativity to the side, something which is lacking. Either way every Juve fan agrees the club has to sign a playmaker in January.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Good point:tup: But we still need a player of modric's quality i.e. a playmaker, that can thread the killer passes, provide the ammo to the strikers and generally bring creativity to the side, something which is lacking. Either way every Juve fan agrees the club has to sign a playmaker in January.
Have you spoken to every Juve fan?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If we buy Modric then one of Tiago, Marchisio or Zanetti will be sold, not Poulsen.
I believe that our board will try to sell Tiago, but knowing how Tiago rejected all offers last summer, we may be forced to sell someone else. I doubt it's gonna be Marchisio because he's not on high wages. As impossible as it may seem right now, Zanetti may be the one who's gonna leave if we buy Modric. He's also earning a lot, he's the oldest of the bunch, his injury may be a serious problem considering that he's not a spring chicken anymore.

I'd hate it if Zanetti leaves Juve but in case we buy Modric and Tiago refuses to leave, then i can't see who else could leave.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Isn't Modric a bit lightweight to play as a central midfielder in a classic 4-4-2? i think playing behind the strikers like Redknapp is playing him now, is his best position.

alex'10

Sep 17, 2008
im content with the midfield now, but the summer perhaps, just to provide another tactical dimension because i fear our predictability is one of our downfalls
You dont make sense. You say your content with our midfield, but at the same time admit we our predictable due to the lack of creativity and technical players in our midfield. Why wait to solve the problem until summer? there is no CL or league games taking place that time. The club now have the perfect opportunity to rectify any problems we have in January. Our current midfield is not adequate enough to win the CL, the game against Inter this season proved this. Chelsea have a far superior midfield players compared to that of ours in Deco, Lampard, Ballack and Essein, i agree having better players will not necessarily mean you will win, but it will certainly give you a better chance.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
You dont make sense. You say your content with our midfield, but at the same time admit we our predictable due to the lack of creativity and technical players in our midfield. Why wait to solve the problem until summer? there is no CL or league games taking place that time. The club now have the perfect opportunity to rectify any problems we have in January. Our current midfield is not adqeduate enough to win the CL, anyone with a brain will tell you this. The game against Inter this season proved this. Chelsea have a far superior midfield players compared to that of ours in Deco, Lampard, Ballack and Essein, and would outpower our midfield easily.

because january is not the time to sign big name players

a) its near impossible due to commitments with their respective clubs
b) if we have to prize any big name players it will cost us double the price because of reason a)
c) likely to be european tied
d) players have more time to adapt and settle in in the summer.

chelsea far superior midfield? we'll put their name to the test.

our midfield is adequate of the cl, the matches against zenit and madrid prove more than a domestic game which we were unfortunate in with injuries, otherwise it might of been a very different story

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I agree with BD on this one, wait till the summer and buy a quality player, better than signing a stop gap player in January.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It depends on what style of football we play against. We do well against possession sides like Madrid but not those who can up the tempo and change their game around. We have to be able to keep the ball to do well against English sides, at least that's what history tells us.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Isn't Modric a bit lightweight to play as a central midfielder in a classic 4-4-2? i think playing behind the strikers like Redknapp is playing him now, is his best position.
He played as pure CM for Croatia in 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 and he did great. Bilic is even using him as a deep lying playmaker and imo he played his best matches there (Pirlo position). In Dinamo he was a playmaker and he had a free role in their 4-2-3-1. Redknapp is playing him as an attacking midfielder and he does very well even there.
He's very versatile.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It depends on what style of football we play against. We do well against possession sides like Madrid but not those who can up the tempo and change their game around. We have to be able to keep the ball to do well against English sides, at least that's what history tells us.
true but i have been encouraged by ranieri's approach when facing english teams more so than crapello to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)