Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (5 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2009
If he is finished I don't know what Dzeko is.
Suarez also provides some creativity. As long as he doesn't get in the way of that Housam guy, I don't see the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the point of replacing washed up Higuaín with washed up Suárez?
Higuain at his peak wasn't as good as Suarez and is a known 'bottler.'

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
For the record, I've always been creeped out by him, he always came across as a shitty human being to me, but there's no denying his skill. With the skillset that he has, as well as the motivations that follow along with joining a new club, I can easily see him bagging 20 goals for us next season.

I would consider him on a 2 year deal, but he wants 3 according to most reports. With the salary he would be getting, we should not offer a 3 year deal, in my opinion.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Unless you just don't like his biting personality or are concerned about his injuries, to people who don't want him: which striker do you want instead?

People who are citing contract length or salary numbers/reasons, how do you know it's 3 yrs or what salary? No salary rumors yet.
He is better then all the other old attackers we rumoured with (except Benzema but thats no rumour). I prefer him over Dzeko, but that says little. I would still prefer avoiding old strikers in general, but would be OK with a free one if we are spending big on midfield.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nice, very smart,
increase the age of our attack, give him Dybala's position, and let Dybala rot on the right wing where he is dogshit.
Suarez if he comes would be a starter, on big $$ i presume, i don't see how it makes sense, especially after the season Dybala had, id much rather Dzeko on less money, getting less gametime, letting Dybala start as a striker, plus Dzeko gives us something we don't have in a tall strong cunt up front for when we need it
Nah this dude is getting kicked to the curb, no way is he in a position to be demanding starting spot. He should be glad he is even rumoured to us.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
And it isn't as if the majority of these goals were sitters. The degree of difficulty on a lot of these goals, few could pull off.

I guess it would all depend on the contract.
well regarding the contract, clubs from Italy are in pole position thanks to this new tax law, but I have a few doubts. First is if Barca really wants to release him for free I doubt it. The second is his will to follow Messi it was reported few time, he would like to play with him again.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
well regarding the contract, clubs from Italy are in pole position thanks to this new tax law, but I have a few doubts. First is if Barca really wants to release him for free I doubt it. The second is his will to follow Messi it was reported few time, he would like to play with him again.
I don't think city can even accommodate suarez. With Torres and potentially messi on top of Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, there's no room, and don't forget theres Mahrez and KDB who also plays in the front 3.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If we're playing 2 upfront, Suarez, Dybala and Ronaldo all can rotate interchangeably. If we plan to play a 433, stay the fuck away from this guy.

I don't think we are married to a particular formation this time around. I believe that Pirlo wants to have the ability to adjust on the fly, and have the players to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think city can even accommodate suarez. With Torres and potentially messi on top of Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, there's no room.

If the rumors are true, Jesus would be going to Barcelona as part of the Messi deal

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Hopefully that surgery has sorted his knee problems out but otherwise not bad especially considering the number of games he plays and his age.

1598611274276.png

Miliks Injury record:

1598611507265.png

While Dzeko's is amazing.

1598611594496.png

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't think we are married to a particular formation this time around. I believe that Pirlo wants to have the ability to adjust on the fly, and have the players to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

If the rumors are true, Jesus would be going to Barcelona as part of the Messi deal
Even without Jesus that's alot of attackers to have to accomodate Suarez into, also forgot to mention fodden too

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Between Suarez and Dzeko, I'll pick Dzeko, easily. We need a strong CF, who can battle with defenders, create space for others, not another space-exploit forward like Suarez.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

I dislike that kind of planning, always leads to a bloated squad full with jacks of all trades that aren't particularly good at any one position.

Either we go for a 2 man frontline and in that case we need 4 forwards or we play with wingers and/or trequartista and we dont need Suarez backing up Ronaldo and Dybala.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
its up no mgmt to calculate, if we talk about their current salary, then Dzeko is on 7.5 and Suarez on 12-15m, but we will benefit from new tax law for Suarez, so the cost of his wages will be lower than normal 12-15m for player who played in Italy. If Suarez demands 12m, then im pretty sure the cost of his salary for club would be similiar to 7.5 paid to Dzeko, thanks to the new tax law.
https://www.football-italia.net/142211/official-dzeko-extends-roma
stipendi-1.png

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully that surgery has sorted his knee problems out but otherwise not bad especially considering the number of games he plays and his age.

1598611274276.png

Miliks Injury record:

1598611507265.png

While Dzeko's is amazing.

1598611594496.png
The surgery is my main issue with Luis. Without it id say go for him, but i dont know how he looked after it (most of hia goals and assists this season came before). For the right price, wages and contract length its a worthy gamble, but lets see if we can get that

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Suarez had 7 goals in 13 matches in La Liga and CL when he came back from his surgery, but it took a while for him to get back into form. I think he went his first 4 or 5 league matches without scoring when he came back

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
so what happens if his fucked up knee gets busted again?

We’ll have yet another high salary old injured player. Are we starting a collection or Smtg?

Oct 23, 2011
He wouldn't be a bench player if we end up paying close to what he is earning right now. We're already in a tactical mess with Ronaldo and Dybala not being very tactically adapt, and we would be even more so with Suarez as a 9. 433 and we push Dybala out to the right. 442 and we need to bench one of the three. 4312 and we put Dybala farther away from the goal. 4231 doesn't make any sense anymore with Ronaldo. We need a striker that has the different characteristics than the two strikers we already have and can accommodate them. I'd pass on Suarez.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He wouldn't be a bench player if we end up paying close to what he is earning right now. We're already in a tactical mess with Ronaldo and Dybala not being very tactically adapt, and we would be even more so with Suarez as a 9. 433 and we push Dybala out to the right. 442 and we need to bench one of the three. 4312 and we put Dybala farther away from the goal. 4231 doesn't make any sense anymore with Ronaldo. We need a striker that has the different characteristics than the two strikers we already have and can accommodate them. I'd pass on Suarez.
the same can be said about Dzeko, he wont be a bench player and imo we arent looking for one. We are looking for CF who will start with Dybala and Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)