Luciano Moggi (6 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
My mistake, it was the Brescia game in which they played the midfield I mentioned.

I don't know if you watched Lecce-Inter, I didn't, but the highlights suggest that 3-0 to Inter would have been a fair result given the number of chances both teams created.

Inter are going through a tough spell, largely due to injuries, and it would be ridiculous to try and judge Benitez at this stage.

Buy on AliExpress.com

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
My mistake, it was the Brescia game in which they played the midfield I mentioned.

I don't know if you watched Lecce-Inter, I didn't, but the highlights suggest that 3-0 to Inter would have been a fair result given the number of chances both teams created.

Inter are going through a tough spell, largely due to injuries, and it would be ridiculous to try and judge Benitez at this stage.
I'm not saying Benitez is a bad coach. But he's not a guy who can grind out the results in tough times (as evidenced by Inter's poor form lately). Mourinho, Ferguson, Capello, and even Wenger and Lippi in his golden days would have IMO gotten better results, even with the injury-plagued team Inter has at the moment (and yes, Lippi did fail as Inter's coach back then, but this Inter team is mentally much stronger than the Lippi one). I simply have a feeling, that Benitez gets his best results when he has a good squad at his disposal, yet he still has to be a slight underdog. That's when his approach seems to work out best.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Muntari has also been injured, as has Stankovic.

Inter played a midfield of Pandev-Sneijder-Zanetti-Coutinho against Samp, because they had no other midfielders.

Mourinho never had to deal with that.
It was a half-dead Sneijder in the first half replaced by some African teenager at half time. Pandev had a stinker too.

Inter look a shadow of the team they were last year, but it's hard to know how much blame can be placed on Benitez, considering the injuries.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Arsenal have had spells of poor results in the Prem before. They haven't won anything since 2005. I'm trying to figure out how Wenger's last five years in England have been more successful than Benitez's.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Arsenal's last trophy arrived with Vieira's last kick of a ball in an Arsenal shirt.

Not a coincidence.

They're too nice now.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Arsenal have had spells of poor results in the Prem before. They haven't won anything since 2005. I'm trying to figure out how Wenger's last five years in England have been more successful than Benitez's.
i think u have to take into the account the amount of money benitez had and used to enforce his teams and compare those to the amounts spent bby weneger ( from my understand weneger was never told to be tight on money he chose to go that way)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Arsenal's last trophy arrived with Vieira's last kick of a ball in an Arsenal shirt.

Not a coincidence.

They're too nice now.
thats true, and also i would imagine the amount of money other teams are getting such as tottenham, man city, chelsea, etc so the other teams also compete by attracting good players while arsenal or weneger to be more precise still adopts the same philosophy ( using youngsters and buying players who are yet to take there game to the next level) that has failed over and over

also add mistakes like helb ( and by that i mean how he just jumped off ship followed by flamini, when they departed i think they effected arsenal a great deal)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)