Luca Marrone (104 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
:touched:

- - - Updated - - -

We can play this game, how could you conclude that Pogba is better than Marrone, knowing that you only watched the French for like 120 min, he playerd with Juve.

When i said Marrone>Pogba, it was my personnal taste. But i'm waiting for your answer Mister Mourinho.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
:touched:

- - - Updated - - -

We can play this game, how could you conclude that Pogba is better than Marrone, knowing that you only watched the French for like 120 min, he playerd with Juve.

When i said Marrone>Pogba, it was my personnal taste. But i'm waiting for your answer Mister Mourinho.
You might like the player better, that's your preference. I like Vucinic more than Christiano Ronaldo - but to say that he is better is just daft. There is a reason Marrone is 22 and not getting playing time in his natural position, never been chased by the big clubs, and there is a reason that Alex Ferguson is still fuming over the fact that he lost Pogba, a 19 year old player who is the captain of the u21 french team. Coincedentally Pogba has got plenty of minutes as the anchor, while Marrone can only get pitch time when Bonucci is suspended. Pogba is already better than Marrone, and is 3 years younger.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
You might like the player better, that's your preference. I like Vucinic more than Christiano Ronaldo - but to say that he is better is just daft. There is a reason Marrone is 22 and not getting playing time in his natural position, never been chased by the big clubs, and there is a reason that Alex Ferguson is still fuming over the fact that he lost Pogba, a 19 year old player who is the captain of the u21 french team. Coincedentally Pogba has got plenty of minutes as the anchor, while Marrone can only get pitch time when Bonucci is suspended. Pogba is already better than Marrone, and is 3 years younger.
The fact that Marrone is 22 doesn't say anything, we know how things works in Italy, youngsters rarely gets the chance to play no matter how good they are. Marrone was with Conte at Siena, played so many games 20 IIRC and played a big role in the promotion ( @Salvatore ).
Also last summer Conte made it clear he wanted Marrone, and even with interest from clubs like Fiorentina he refused to let him go, that would tell you something.
Marrone also captained Italy Under 21.
Pogba playing instead of Marrone as Pirlo's backup is a mystery for me, Marrone is the better passer, with more vision, great technique and very good defensively.
Maybe Raoila made sure Pogba will feature for a number of games for him to sign the contract. If not the fact that Conte is holding to Marrone and trying to play him in other positions wil tell you how high he thinks of him.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
The fact that Marrone is 22 doesn't say anything, we know how things works in Italy, youngsters rarely gets the chance to play no matter how good they are. Marrone was with Conte at Siena, played so many games 20 IIRC and played a big role in the promotion ( @Salvatore ).
Also last summer Conte made it clear he wanted Marrone, and even with interest from clubs like Fiorentina he refused to let him go, that would tell you something.
Pogba playing instead of Marrone as Pirlo's backup is a mystery for me, Marrone is the better passer, with more vision, great technique and very good defensively.
Maybe Raoila made sure Pogba will feature for a number of games for him to sign the contract. If not the fact that Conte is holding to Marrone and trying to play him in other positions wil tell you how high he thinks of him.
:agree: i do believe this is happening. No doubt pogba got some gaurantee he will play matches for juve, otherwise their was no reason to leave man united
don't forget people football now a days isn't so clean as we all wanted. Specially when Riaola is involved he is a smart and cleverperson and I am sure we had to take bendther too to get pogba, just like how he refused to let bouy go to pescara so we could get verratti. (probably we would have let pogba go).

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
:lol:

i dont have the time

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Pogba has appeared more this season so far as when he has come on as a sub, we either needed a physical player to close out the game, or else to try inject more speed and physicality to bully the other team.
Pogba has more of an impact.

Marrone is a very good ball player, and will have to bide his time, and the next time Pirlo is rested I think there is a big chance he will start (unless we change formation)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Thanks for saving my time with the response there.

I have to admint though I stopped reading Chessio responce after he said "it's Italy and youngsters don't get playing time", and here we have Pogba who is being used as a sub in almost every game now. I wonder who is he trying to argue for...

Anyway, nothing new here :)

Oh and if some can't see how composed and mentaly strong Pogba is for his age then I have really nothing to add. If he keeps this tracks with this kind of attitude and he will for sure be a really really good player, and who knows maybe even a great one.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree that the primary reason for deputising him in that position is to give him the chance to play in a role which fits his best characteristics as a midfielder. However, I don't agree that he is being put there because he would be marked out of the game in that Pirlo role. If there was a genuine concern about that, then I don't think the structure of the team would stay the same while Pirlo is absent from the starting XI. I don't really think coaches will look at the team and treat a 22 year old with the same deal of attention as they would Pirlo, because it's going to take a while for anyone to become as effective as him and earn that respect. Pogba has come into the role at a younger and more inexperienced level to Marrone and played the Pirlo role on his debut, I think Conte has assigned each starting player a substitute to be their replacement if the time is right.

It seems Pogba is being groomed for the Pirlo role (I think Raiola played his part in that), Giaccherini is hovering around midfield and deputising for Marchisio and Vidal while there is also Asamoah willing to fit into that position. Marrone becoming a defender/midfielder type, that Barcelona are so willing to produce these days. The shape of the team doesn't have to change this way either.

I'm not really fond of the thought of not using him in midfield at all though. I'm almost certain he can be more productive than Giaccherini (aside from distance covered per match) if he's given time in his natural role, and I don't like the thought of him losing a place in the team if he doesn't adapt to defence well enough. It's quite vicious really, in the few games he participated in last season he made a positive impression in almost all of them, and now he's required to adapt his game to a new position.
This.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
:agree: i do believe this is happening. No doubt pogba got some gaurantee he will play matches for juve, otherwise their was no reason to leave man united
don't forget people football now a days isn't so clean as we all wanted. Specially when Riaola is involved he is a smart and cleverperson and I am sure we had to take bendther too to get pogba, just like how he refused to let bouy go to pescara so we could get verratti. (probably we would have let pogba go).
Didn't think about that before you made the bet?

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Thanks for saving my time with the response there.

I have to admint though I stopped reading Chessio responce after he said "it's Italy and youngsters don't get playing time", and here we have Pogba who is being used as a sub in almost every game now. I wonder who is he trying to argue for...

Anyway, nothing new here :)

Oh and if some can't see how composed and mentaly strong Pogba is for his age then I have really nothing to add. If he keeps this tracks with this kind of attitude and he will for sure be a really really good player, and who knows maybe even a great one.

Not only you are an Ale hater, but you are a dumb one too.

If you watched italian football long enough, you would know they don't trust " Italian youngsters " and they would prefer playing a 35 years old before trusting a 22 years old.
You brought the fact that Pogba is playing altough he's still 19, like i said it could be a clause in the contract to feature for a number of games. You know how much Raoila is powerful.
Even if what i'm saying is wrong, doesn't mean That Pogba is more talented than Marrone or Better, you still can't come up with anything that can back up the shit you spit out of your mouth.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I very seriously doubt that a club like Juve would ever agree to any demands to play some 19 year old squad player for a pre-determined amount of our competitive matches.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I very seriously doubt that a club like Juve would ever agree to any demands to play some 19 year old squad player for a pre-determined amount of our competitive matches.
You never know, We wanted to loan or co-own Bouy to Pescara and Raoila said No, and the deal fall off, he's that powerfull. So anything is possible.
I'm not saying that it's true but it's highly possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)