Luca Marrone (21 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
He was. I love how all the flack is being passed on to Barzagli for the first goal, Marrona was nowhere to be seen in our defense. We played with two defenders and a dude who appears when we pick up the ball again, no wonder our defense was so shaky. I cant' wait to have Bonucci back.
Marrone isn't a CB, as simple as that.

If Bonucci is suspended again I would like see us use Barzagli in the middle for easier short passes to midfielders/wingbacks and Lucio on the right.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Marrone isn't a CB, as simple as that.

If Bonucci is suspended again I would like see us use Barzagli in the middle for easier short passes to midfielders/wingbacks and Lucio on the right.
I'm not hating on the player at all, he just had a very bad performance today. Or we could play a 4 man backline, it seemed to do us much good in the last 10min.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
What else can we expect from a midfielder? He wasn't terrible as some might say, but let's not forget it's not that simple to replace Bonucci in this team.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I have no idea what are some of you talking about. He was the sole reason for the chaos in our defense. Not one single time he was where he was supposed to be. His awful positioning forced the other two defenders to move to spaces they weren't even supposed to cover and that left huge holes in our defense.

Not his fault. I have no idea how could anyone give Marrone the central role in our defense. That's just like putting Pirlo there. I guess Conte thought that Luca can be the playmaker in our defense in Bonucci's absence, but he forgot that the defender's tasks are far bigger than just doing the play making. In the end the coaching team realized the mistake and saw that we should better play with 2 CBs since Marrone's presence was only hurting the defense.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He anticipates well, but his positionning is wrong

wich is totally normal considering he's a rather offensive midfielder, then a centreback

i however think he can add something to our defence, if he can get over the positional difficulties

because he's an intelligent player, he could be reschooled to centreback i think, so i wanna see more games from him on that position

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)