Luca Marrone (10 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008
“The Pirlo role is the position in which I prefer to play,” the 22-year-old Italian has commented. “I have the characteristics of a deep-lying playmaker.”

“Anything can still happen in the transfer market,” the Italian Under-21 international continued. “But the Coach has wanted me to stay in Turin for over a year now and I’m happy.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
“The Pirlo role is the position in which I prefer to play,” the 22-year-old Italian has commented. “I have the characteristics of a deep-lying playmaker.”

“Anything can still happen in the transfer market,” the Italian Under-21 international continued. “But the Coach has wanted me to stay in Turin for over a year now and I’m happy.”
Point for Cam.

Stuff it haters.

---------- Post added 23.07.2012 at 09:41 ----------

I say we need to send him out to develop. He's too good to be riding the bench, and getting 4-5 odd games per year. It's unfair on him and his development.
He will get more games the year.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I really like Marrone, but how would he get more playing time after we've bought Asamoah and Pogba ( even though his position in the pecking order is obviously not clear )? That's not even counting Isla's versatility.

CHL will probably make us rest a few players in midfield for Serie A or Coppa depending on how far we get, but we've got more players to cover.

Even though he likes the position, I'm not sure he's seen as Pirlo's #1 sub.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
For me I see things as this in terms of rotation:

Vidal (Asamoah)
Pirlo (Marrone)
Marchisio (Pogba/Asamoah)

Giach, Paz, Pad...providing all stay shouldn't play ahead of Marrone. Besides, we have yet to see what Pogba can actually do. Isla was brought for width, I doubt we will see him as a CM.

---------- Post added 23.07.2012 at 11:38 ----------

On top of that, just because one starts the game doesn't mean they will always play the full 90 mins...there will be plenty of time to get some PT in there as well as a sub plus a some starts to rest the key players.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Marchisio, Vidal and Pirlo the starters. Asamoah the first sub. Isla the second. I'd keep Giacherrini for cover and the difference in style he brings for the role. The rest might very well be redundant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)