Linux for your taste (sorry Naw :D) (12 Viewers)

What OS do you use?

• Windows

• Linux

• Mac

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Off late I've been seeing really slow WiFi speeds on my Manjaro machine(1-2Mbps). WiFi works well on my Mac and all other devices (~50Mbps). Any idea what I should be looking at? I haven't changed any settings on my e900 router (running Tomato firmware) that could have caused the issue. So I'm guessing it's a machine or OS issue.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I've switched back to Mint after struggling with the wifi on Manjaro. After a few updates it became unusable. I didn't have the energy to figure out what was wrong. Pity though, Manjaro was great otherwise. I'll miss Pacman.
I've an issue with Mint though. I connect an external monitor and keep the lid of my laptop closed most of the time. Now when I do that on mint, I'm not able to connect to any wifi networks nearby. So I've to keep the lid open to stay online. It's weird, since I can see the available networks, but not connect to it. Annoying, but not a show stopper.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
icemaη;5149109 said:
I've switched back to Mint after struggling with the wifi on Manjaro. After a few updates it became unusable. I didn't have the energy to figure out what was wrong. Pity though, Manjaro was great otherwise. I'll miss Pacman.
I've an issue with Mint though. I connect an external monitor and keep the lid of my laptop closed most of the time. Now when I do that on mint, I'm not able to connect to any wifi networks nearby. So I've to keep the lid open to stay online. It's weird, since I can see the available networks, but not connect to it. Annoying, but not a show stopper.
Keep the lid open and do dual display.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Hey guys running unbuntu 18.04.2 bionic beaver and thinking of jumping to either Solus or Elementary OS anyone have any opinions on either distro??

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
for a couple of weeks, i used elementary on my lenovo yoga. since elementary is based on ubuntu, you can rely on the same repo's. i just preferred ubuntu's interface so i went back to ubuntu. (until i needed to use windows once again due to work.)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Not desktop but servers for me but I love Debian based dist. Running two Ubuntu 18.04.1 servers and two Debian 8 servers. Might move the Debian servers to Ubuntu as well.

Our main server here is running Debian 8 and the backup server as well. Then we have a couple of other servers connected to the site running Ubuntu too. :p

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
it feels like windows which is the OS I'm used to the most but I still stick to Fedora. I tried other distros but I always return to fedora.
O am using it with Gnome so it doesn't really feel to much like windows. I like Gnome better than KDE. KDE has sync issues with online accounts which I use

Inviato dal mio Pixel 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
O am using it with Gnome so it doesn't really feel to much like windows. I like Gnome better than KDE. KDE has sync issues with online accounts which I use

Inviato dal mio Pixel 3 utilizzando Tapatalk
there's one very bad thing about GNOME: performance, almost all animations skip frames and look very laggy on most configurations you can think of.
only on Fedora GNOME was running smoothly.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
there's one very bad thing about GNOME: performance, almost all animations skip frames and look very laggy on most configurations you can think of.
only on Fedora GNOME was running smoothly.
I haven't found that issue on my 2008 iMac with both unbuntu and Manjaro everything is smooth and fast

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)