Libya 2011 Demonstrations (4 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,844
    The new spam received by one of my friends on email today :D

Sallam Good friend,

I am Mr.Ibrahim Musa Abdelfattah , i am a secret agent to the president (Moammar Gadhaffi) of Libyan government. As you can see what is going on the country right now.

The United Nation has given their final warning, that the president must face justice for killing innocent citizen in the country and right now the president is nowhere to be found.

Last three months, the president received a call from European government that his bank account with European bank has been confiscated by United Nation. Over three hundred million euro inside the bank account has been confiscated. There are many countries in the world where the president kept money for his generation.

I was given USD25 Million united states Dollars to buy arms for scaring the rebel people from entering the main capital city Tripoli where the president stays. As it stands now, you can see that the president have lose the war as the rebels have taken over from the president which the president have ran away and he is nowhere to be found for now.The president has always dreamed that the Libyan country and government will continue to stay in his family hand due to the resources in the land.There is oil and gold that can give the generation to come food forever.

Since last two month's I was sent on this mission to buy the Arms, I refuse to go back because I know that the united nation will arrest the president any moment from now. I think this is a very big opportunity for me to leave with the fund and come over to your country with my family to have rest of mind and invest the money in a good business. The fund is in an account in one of the biggest and porpoular bank in West Africa, Eco-Bank Plc Burkina Faso very far from Libya which is where I am hidding right now until I leave Africa entirely .

My reason for contacting you is to assist me provide a very solid bank account in your country that we can use to transfer the fund over to your country until I come over with my family. I am going to give you 30% for standing as the beneficiary of the fund. Indicate your interest by replying my email.

Thanks and Allah Bless.
    Mr.Ibrahim Musa Abdelfattah

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    A huge debate has erupted in Libya about the return of Libya's Jews who were expelled from Libya in the 60's. Here's the story of a Libyan Jew who came back to Libya to revive and old synagogue in Tripoli, he along with tens of thousands of Jews were forced to leave Libya in 1967, in response to the establishment of a Jewish country in Palestine.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/03/libyas-revolutionary-jew-restore-synagogue

The issue has polarized Libyans, with one side of the argument saying Libya is a country with a homogenous people, which is one of the reasons we aren't facing sectarian and/or religious problems ala Iraq for example, the return of Jews could disturb that harmony, the same side also argues that since the Jews are actively stealing more and more land off our Palestinian brothers, why would the Libyan Jews need to return to Libya anyway, and why should we allow them to return to Libya with all what they are doing in Palestine. The other side of the argument points out that we've always said that we wanted to build a democratic, and tolerant country post Gedaffi what better way to do that than to allow the exiled Jews back to Libya, moreover not all Jews are zionists, and they shouldn't all be forced to pay the price for what Zionist Jews are doing in Palestine.

I personally belong to the second side of the argument, the new Libya should be a country that does not differentiate between people based on religion or ethnicity, these people are Libyan and it is their right to return to Libya if they wanted to. I personally don't think this is a subject that should be decided based on what the majority of Libyans think, its a civil rights issue that should not be subject to the opinion of the majority. I also think that in the long term it could be helpful to the Palestinian cause, i mean as a person who believes that the State of Israel should not exist on Palestinian land, the question that always arises, is where should immigrant Jews go in that case? I always answer that question like Ahmadinejad recently did: "home", to those whose home is Libya, they should be allowed back to Libya. Is that not a better solution than them building more and more settlements on Palestinian land

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    The Jews from Europe moved (or were moved) so often that it's hard to know what is "home" for them.

There are many cases where a Jew was born in Israel, his father in Romania, his grandfather in Moldova and his great grandfather in Russia. What is home for that Jew? Israel, of course.
    The new borders in Eastern Europe especially are kinda complicating things in regards to "home"

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Well naturally it would be difficult for some Jews, i don't expect them all to leave Palestine, but a big portion of them have clear cut cases. I think we can play our part by letting the Libyan ones back into Libya. In all cases, the vast majority of Libyan Jews moved to Italy not Israel. But for me, the return of Libyan Jews who live in occupied land and have Israeli passports should not be unconditional. They'll have to renounce their Israeli citizenship, as Israel is not a country whom Libya recognizes.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Former Italy great Claudio
    Gentile said he would like to return Libya, the country of his
    birth, to coach the national team when Muammar Gaddafi's regime
    falls.

Gentile was born in Tripoli and spent his childhood there
    as part of the Italian community that lived there until Gaddafi
    forced them to leave in the early days of his regime.

''I can't wait to go back to Libya and, if they asked me,
    I'd really like to be the coach of the Libyan national team,''
    said Gentile, a member of Italy's 1982 World Cup-winning team
    who had a successful stint as boss of the Italian under-21
    national team between 2000 and 2006.

''Libya is a beautiful country and I'm happy democracy is
    returning there''.

------------------------------------------------

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I'll move this here so as not to take the Global Financial Crisis thread off topic anymore. A couple of weeks ago, i got a PM that said "Forza Gedaffi - Delrey", naturally due to the name being written there and because of his stance in the Libyan issue, i assumed Delrey was the one who sent me that rep. Of course that is something that due to recent circumstances is very provocative, it made me send Del Rey a pm that was quite offensive and provocative too. Today i found out that it wasn't Delrey that sent me the message. So in front of everyone, i want to apologize to him for the PM i sent.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,852
    I'll move this here so as not to take the Global Financial Crisis thread off topic anymore. A couple of weeks ago, i got a PM that said "Forza Gedaffi - Delrey", naturally due to the name being written there and because of his stance in the Libyan issue, i assumed Delrey was the one who sent me that rep. Of course that is something that due to recent circumstances is very provocative, it made me send Del Rey a pm that was quite offensive and provocative too. Today i found out that it wasn't Delrey that sent me the message. So in front of everyone, i want to apologize to him for the PM i sent.
    :tup:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    You should ask the mods who sent it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Was it me? :lol:

I sent like 100 +reps lately signing either as Sheik or Badass Devil.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010

In front of everyone, you should tell us his name!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    In front of everyone, you should tell us his name!
    I'm not 100% sure but I'm like 50% sure that it was me.

You know that annoying thing when you want to +rep someone and it tells you that you need to spread first? Well, I hate it when that happens. I used to write "spreading-Alen" or just "spreading" but someone complained how lame it is to receive such +reps, so I made it more interesting. Instead of writing "spreading", the lucky 4-5 members who wrote before or after the post I want to +rep get +reps from me. That's how Preet gets hindi love poetry signed by Sheik, other girls get love messages from Badass Devil and that's how Fred might have gotten the Delrey +rep.
    But I swear I'm not sure it was me. It sounds like something I'd have done though.

Edit: Actually, Fred says it was PM discussion (sic!), so I guess it wasn't me. Nevermind. I'll consider it like it was me, because I'd have definitely done that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)