Libya 2011 Demonstrations (4 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Unconfirmed reports that Mutassim Gedaffi has been caught in Sirte and taken to Benghazi. Don't believe it till you see it though, this could be like the time Saif was caught or the gazillion times Khamis died.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Al Jazeera reporting that Sirte has been liberated, if true that means Libya is 100% liberated, and we can now focus on building the country. One thing i am worried about is the dominant culture in Libya, you can take down the regime, but changing a culture that has been fostered over 42 years will be even more difficult, we've gotten to used to nepotism, corruption, bribery, fighting for positions, not questioning authority and other destructive cultural phenomenons. One thing i hope we do learn more than anything else, is that we always have to question authority, we Arabs have a knack for putting people in authority on pedastals like they can never do wrong.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
All flights? There has to be something. Worst case scenario fly to western Egypt and drive to Benghazi :D

Btw, you should consider joining Twitter.
For me its closer if i travel to Tunisia and go by car to Tripoli. Ya all flights are full, i guess most Libyans were eager to get back to a Free Libya, not to mention the hundreds if not thousands that didn't go back to Libya for a long time since they were known opposers to Gedaffi's regime.

Twitter is faster than any other outlet in broadcasting news, but will be useless to join twitter now that the revolution is over. FB is enough social media for me :p

Gongrats Fred! I am so happy for you.
Thanks a lot mate.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,872
    Some news say that Muammar Qadhafi was captured by the fighters at Sirte, but still we had heard such news before and it is unconfirmed by a credible source.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,878
    It seems the one that was killed is Abu Bakr Yunus, the defense minister according to Aljazeera.

Also, Arrai channel (The only stupid tv channel that is still cheering for him) denies that he was arrested or killed.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Thanks for all the nice wishes people, this is a historic day, and forever will be remembered as the day we were liberated from this terrible monster and his regime. I just hope reports of him being caught or killed are really true, because Libya will never be completely safe till that criminal is out of the way. It was long overdue, and we paid more than 45k people as a price for this freedom, i'm very proud of my people, i'm proud of their courage, their resilience, their determination and their perseverance. They proved that they really are the grandsons of the great Omar el Mokhtar!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)