Let's be realistic (2 Viewers)

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Why Prandelli? Convince in what way he is better than Ranieri.

P.S I know he is younger, you can skip this part.

He doesn't have the "we play to avoid loss" mentality
He's ambitious
and he's a juventino

Stats speak for him, played in champs league with a not too good team, won best manager of the year in serie A

I dont like changing manager in the middle of the season, so let ranieri show us what he will do for the next few months, i must admit that he rules in rival games -except the last against mourinho- but then he loses to cagliari, udinesi and palermo which is unacceptable

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ranieri has a better core team to work with and even with that core he is not doing as well as expected. i believe spaletti or prandelli would make the most of a situation at great club like juventus and actually succeed.

its a similar train of thought with a player on a bad club, if he gets the chance to play at a good or better club than he will truly shine - i feel the same applies for these coaches
could be right about the 2nd part and we will never know until they go to better teams(some currently consider roma a good team).

Anyway, your point is valid about having better core players but both have been with their teams for a while. How come they haven't built a good team around them yet? Prandelli chops and changes every season by bringing in a bucket load of players while spalletti brings in rubbish like "the beast".

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He doesn't have the "we play to avoid loss" mentality
He's ambitious
and he's a juventino

Stats speak for him, played in champs league with a not too good team, won best manager of the year in serie A

I dont like changing manager in the middle of the season, so let ranieri show us what he will do for the next few months, i must admit that he rules in rival games -except the last against mourinho- but then he loses to cagliari, udinesi and palermo which is unacceptable
Convincing :rolleyes:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
its a similar train of thought with a player on a bad club, if he gets the chance to play at a good or better club than he will truly shine - i feel the same applies for these coaches
like almiron and the other "good players" in bad teams ?? it is not easy as that ... i think it is the same with coaches ... being good with a bad team does not equal being good in every team ...

if you coach a very bad team, it might suffice if you as coach teach them the basics and let them work on their stamina to improve their level from a crap team to a mid-level team that fights ... but if this coach now gets to coach a good team (that already have good stamina, but not the tactical knowledge) he will not even have the slightest effect, because he does not know how to handle all those tactical well educated players that expect him to give them exact tactical policies. but this coach never thought about such things, because for his former club it would not have worked, because the players there would not have been to follow that.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
spot on Jan, just like always..

I dont know if this has been posted earlier, if it was, than read again ;)

Channel 4

Monday 2 February, 2009
The trouble with Juve

Poor tactics, terrible physical condition and old age are at the root of Juventus’ dismal run of form, argues Giovanni Spinella

For the second consecutive season, January has become the graveyard of Juventus’ title ambitions. With only one win in the last four games, the Old Lady’s management must now reflect on what has caused their downfall. The answers are threefold – physical, tactical and, for want of a better term, biological.

Ever since the Christmas break, Juve’s form has crumbled. The Bianconeri have been consistently over-matched across the pitch not only against Udinese and Cagliari, but even against Siena, Fiorentina and Lazio. Opposition players have regularly reached the ball first, won every tackle and out-paced Juve’s performers.

Juventus have started every game slowly, to then pick up their pace a bit, to peak and then drop. Only the skill of players such as Alessandro Del Piero, Claudio Marchisio and Nicola Legrottaglie have avoided heavier defeats.

And Juve’s mysterious spate of injuries only compounds the problems – there still isn’t a return date for Mauro Camoranesi or Hasan Salihamidzic. And Giorgio Chiellini returned to action at the weekend only to leave half an hour into the Cagliari defeat. Cristiano Zanetti too is again injured after recent recovery. Just what are the physical staff playing at?

Tactically boss Claudio Ranieri has changed Juventus’ formation from the 4-4-2 line-up that did so well against Real Madrid and Milan to a more offensive 4-3-1-2 with either Pavel Nedved or Marco Marchionni playing behind the two strikers.

This has had two consequences. Defensively Juventus are being overwhelmed on the wings – attackers are outnumbering and outpacing Juve’s full-backs – whereas offensively Juve no longer supply crosses for the strikers. Is it a coincidence that Amauri hasn’t scored in 2009?

Closely tied in with the tactical problem is the biological issue. Some key players are finally showing their age. Nedved’s dip in form – notwithstanding his goal against Cagliari – has been evident.

In pinning so many hopes on the 36-year-old Czech player Juventus were always rolling the dice and this time they came up snake-eyes. But even Del Piero has been playing in a different role – more the playmaking fantasista than the striker. Is this for tactical or physical reasons?

With the side struggling to recover their form and a tactical change that is problematic, Ranieri has some difficult choices to make. If he wants to save Juve’s season he is going to have to summon the strength to bench the lagging players and cease his tactical tinkering. Otherwise Juventus are in for a pretty ordinary 2009.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
that article from channel 4 does reall sum it up ... lets hope ranieri reads it and actually notice that some players are heavily overplayed ... perhaps time for some ariaudo in defence (its only coppa) and some other youngsters to relief the pressure of the older players. ekdal did not play for a while too ... so bring them on ...

remember, i do not demand fausto rossi or others as solution for our wing problems like others, but just say they could play to rest our starters

May 22, 2007
This club is a pile of shit
No, you are you little cretin, and Id like to thank you for giving up supporting Juventus because they didn't bend over and listen to your retarded transfer tips. Why don't you fuck off and support Man City where they have enough money to live your fantasy of buying anyone they wish, because all of your posts have been complete nonsense since you joined.

Log out, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)