Let's be realistic (6 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
First off let's pray that Mauro comes back healthy, Chiellini's injury is not that serious and by some miraculous intervention Zebina loses his painting brush and starts playing some calcio.
Then one of the main problems we have is fitness related. We don't run like the other teams do when they play us. Might be because we play every 3 days but the injuries and lack of intensity are a big problem.
Then we have our system. It was supposed to be a "Camaleonte" system. What we see is just a flat 4-4-2 from the start each time. Could we have played another formation? Hell yeah! We're full of defensive mids so we could of played a 4-3-3 for example.
Using Tiago could help out in the creativity department.
Also another problem is the offside trap. The other teams figured it out so let's backup a bit or watch better those crosses from the opposing side.

What we need is too:

- have our injured players back
- use the turn over wisely
- field the right formation
- make key substitutions
- play like there's no tomorrow

To make it easier next season, buy the right players and if we don't win zilch this season a whole new staff from top to bottom.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
We have a team that has four great strikers, only one player who can play as a trequarista. You think it would be a good idea to only field one forward?

You're having a bubble dude.
As i see it now, DP is playing as a trequarista right now. He is constantly behing Amauri, waiting on the center for a ball. So i dont say why he couldnt play. The only reason why he couldnt play as a trequarista is his greediness. The role of the treq. is to provide the attackers with balls so i think that DP will have a problem with that.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Okay so here are the players we got right:

Gk: Gigi,Manni Fresh, Chimpminti

Defense: Grygera,Mellberg,Moli,Leggo my Eggo,De ceglie,Ariaudo*Bamba*

MidField: Sissoko,Poulson,Marchokeii,Mad dog Marchiso, Nedved, Ekdal,Rossi*,Castiglie*

Attack: Amauri,DP,Vinny,Gio, Trez

Injured

Camo-3 weeks?
Tiago-2 weeks?
Chielini-3 weeks
Knezivic-??
Zebina-vacation
Sali-??
Zanetti-next season
Andrade-RIP

If someone could update the injury list so we can get a realistic comeback time.

also the * show youth that "Could" be called up

now lets get some realistic formations (weak,midtable,Big clubs) and our strongest atm

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005

Gigi

Grygera-Legro-Mellberg-Moli

Nedved-Marchiso-Sissoko-DC

Amuari-DP

Gigi

Sissoko Poulson
Marchiso
Gio
Amauri DP

Gigi

Poulson - Sissoko - Nedved

DP

Iquinta Amauri

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006

Gigi

Nedved-Marchiso-Sissoko-DC

Amuari-DP

Gigi

Sissoko Poulson
Marchiso
Gio
Amauri DP

Gigi

Poulson - Sissoko - Nedved

DP

Iquinta Amauri
The 3rd one is the best. Call Ranieri and tell him to use it from now on

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I'd like a 4-3-3 for now until Camo, Chiellini and Zebina :lol: return.

Buffon; Grygera, Mellberg, Legrottaglie, Molinaro; Sissoko, Tiago, Marchisio; Amauri, Trezeguet, Del Piero.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
unfortunately, the players we have at our disposal in the midfield and defensive departments are not enough in quantity and quality to win us any trophies, so the transfer market would have been the answer....and seeing as though we only have less than 18 hours left, and those bought cannot play in the CL, not to mention the amateurs running (or should I say RUINing) our club, to put it bluntly, WE ARE FUCKED !!! :(

OP
GordoDeCentral

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #32
    unfortunately, the players we have at our disposal in the midfield and defensive departments are not enough in quantity and quality to win us any trophies, so the transfer market would have been the answer....and seeing as though we only have less than 18 hours left, and those bought cannot play in the CL, not to mention the amateurs running (or should I say RUINing) our club, to put it bluntly, WE ARE FUCKED !!! :(
    even if we had more time who would you bring? and do you seriously think we could bring someone who would have an immediate impact?

like i said we all realized this past summer we did a real poor job in recruiting talent, we cant keep moaning about it all year, unfortunately it's a fact we have to live with.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
    ranieri need to change his tactics.

i think the high defensive line is busted and he need to play more deep defense. however by doing so he will probably play polsen and sissoko in the middle in order to have proper defensive depth.

this will also require the side midfielders to push towards the center in order to cover the gap in front of the two defensive midfielders.

then using Amauri and Iquinta upfront as they are capable of holding defence as well as spreading the play wide which will give the side midfielders more room and options drill upfront either on the side or towards the center

---------------Gigi
    -------Sissoko-Poulson
    ----Marchiso------- Nedved
    -------Iquinta Amauri

the problem this type of formation is that it requires allot from the side midfileders as they will be going wide to cover defensively then deep when attacking which might expose the pathway in the sides

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Tiago is the answer.
    Exactly... Give him a chance and he'll show his worth... forget about the past... now with Zanetti gone, he's the only one who can do anything worthwhile in the middle of the park... As much as I've enjoyed Marchisio playing, he'll have to be moved out to bring in Tiago... We cant do much about the defence except maybe try Ariaudo... Camo should come back in to replace Marchionni... I've resigned to the fact that Nedved will play no matter what... and ADP and Trez in attack... We need to get goals out of nothing and Trez is the man for that...

Feb 7, 2007
    well if you want to read my opinion ,here it is : we are weak in the midfield and i mean that sissoko is good but his team mate always changes due to injuries and i mean tiago,zanetti,poulsen where the hell are they ?.also in the right position of the midfiled we miss the good camoranesi .. he is prone to injuries this year..marchionni is good but he is not camoranesi.nedved is good but i think he lost his confidence and his fighting spirit we need a younger and faster player ...in other words we must modify our midfield but this is difficult to be done in a year..at least we can make a signing in the summer transfer market.

I think that our defence is pretty good even with injuries all the time we still was good with ariaudo against lazio ..grats to the boy he done well.

finally i think that making one maybe two transfers in the midfield in the summer transfer market will be ok .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)