• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Playing great football at Boca Juniors and Villareal. Neither club is in the premiership where if you took away the top 4 teams, the defending is almost comical. The 1 time their paths crossed was when Arsenal played against Villareal, every1 talks abouthow Riquelme choked to miss a penalty but does anyone remember Henry's contribution in that game? If you have speed or a good header of the ball you will score lots of goals in the premiership.

Frank Lampard is not fat, he is 1 of the fittest players in world football. Would I want him at Juventus? What for? We are crying out for creativity not a box to box player.

But it is always amusing to read some of the stuff on here though, Paro is better than Fabregas, we don't need Drogba as we already have Giovinco(check out difference in height), we dont need Ballack, Palladino is better than Benzema, and of cos the daddy of them all Palladino is better than Cristiano Ronaldo.
Denco, I find a contradiction in your post. You state that we don't have a need for a player such as Lampard, but then go on to laugh at people who state we don't need Ballack. In my opinion both players are box to box players with Ballack being much more versatile and Frank being quicker and more lethal around the box. I believe we could really use either of them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Denco, I find a contradiction in your post. You state that we don't have a need for a player such as Lampard, but then go on to laugh at people who state we don't need Ballack. In my opinion both players are box to box players with Ballack being much more versatile and Frank being quicker and more lethal around the box. I believe we could really use either of them.
Unless you want to pack the team with the likes of makele, Sissoko, Alonso, Essien and players of that ilk. Lampard and Gerrard will be ineffective.Ballack on the other other hand does not need those kind of players as his assets are vision, great in the air and great shooting ability.

Frank Lampard has great energy and scores a lot of goals from midfield but curiously not a lot against good defences as apart form penalties, I don't remember him getting goals against Liverpool, Arsenal and manu in the league.

Ballack and Lampard are not similar players, they just don't gel or haven't so far

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Unless you want to pack the team with the likes of makele, Sissoko, Alonso, Essien and players of that ilk. Lampard and Gerrard will be ineffective.Ballack on the other other hand does not need those kind of players as his assets are vision, great in the air and great shooting ability.

Frank Lampard has great energy and scores a lot of goals from midfield but curiously not a lot against good defences as apart form penalties, I don't remember him getting goals against Liverpool, Arsenal and manu in the league.

Ballack and Lampard are not similar players, they just don't gel or haven't so far
Ballack is a classier player than Lampard without a doubt, but the latter still performs a similar task in my opinion. And I would think that two similar players would find it difficult to gel together.

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
Frank Lampard is not fat, he is 1 of the fittest players in world football. Would I want him at Juventus? What for? We are crying out for creativity not a box to box player.

But it is always amusing to read some of the stuff on here though, Paro is better than Fabregas, we don't need Drogba as we already have Giovinco(check out difference in height), we dont need Ballack, Palladino is better than Benzema, and of cos the daddy of them all Palladino is better than Cristiano Ronaldo.
I was thinking that these are my words.

ClassiCo14

Mar 9, 2007
Lampard can take long shots..I know nedved can blast them but lampard has a great shot to..think about at juventus we really dnt take far outside shots except for nedved a couple time..we like to use the wings and put the ball into the six or create a 1 -2 pass and shoot.. With lampard i guess we can be more attacking mind.. If you watched EPL the blast shots from beyond the 18 into the net.. A stratergy would be lets say if lampard blast on and trez loves to lurk around in the 6 then he can follow it up if goalie gets a glove on it..Nedved can do this but i am afraid he would be able to take anymore beating towards his legs..

Idk if i oppose him to come or i like him to come..like pros and cons.. but i know one pro can be if he can come we can open the door to many other great players to look at juventus and say screw real madrid i want to play for juve..

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Get Riquelme without swapping it with any player. We all are saying that Juve misses creative midfielder since Zidane was sold. What the hell Riquelme is if not Creative Midfielder ?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Playing great football at Boca Juniors and Villareal. Neither club is in the premiership where if you took away the top 4 teams, the defending is almost comical. The 1 time their paths crossed was when Arsenal played against Villareal, every1 talks abouthow Riquelme choked to miss a penalty but does anyone remember Henry's contribution in that game? If you have speed or a good header of the ball you will score lots of goals in the premiership.

Lets assume you're right about English teams outside the top 4's defending..Henry still has a good goalscoring record against Man utd,chelsea and especially Liverpool..Henry is a WC,European cup winner..he was France's top scorer in both tournaments..I admit he does choke in times Arsenal and especially France need him most..but lets not forget his performances against Juve,Real Madrid,the first leg against Villareal and Barcelona in our CL run.

The bit about Lampard being fat was a joke..Stats prove that he is one of the most 5 midfielders who run in a match in the EPL

I agree with your last statement though..the amount of bias in this forum is disgusting..especially the Paro is better than Fabregas and Palladino is better than C.Ronaldo..

PS:if the defending in EPL is so bad..how come players like Forlan and Kanoute who couldnt score to save their lives in the EPL are now scoring for fun in La Liga??
Defending in the Serie a might be better than the EPL..but La liga's defending is definitely not better.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I don't understand the theory behind that... Iaquinta isn't a winger and Lampard is a better player than Camoranesi.
Lampard better than Camoranesi? :sick: Couldn't disagree more.

With Camo in midfield, Iaquinta is our most dangerous option upfront.

Besides, Camo and Iaquinta won't cost us a transfer fee and a ridiculous wage.

Iaquinta can't play there he isn't a winger. :p :D
:lol: touché

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Lets assume you're right about English teams outside the top 4's defending..Henry still has a good goalscoring record against Man utd,chelsea and especially Liverpool..Henry is a WC,European cup winner..he was France's top scorer in both tournaments..I admit he does choke in times Arsenal and especially France need him most..but lets not forget his performances against Juve,Real Madrid,the first leg against Villareal and Barcelona in our CL run.
The bit about Lampard being fat was a joke..Stats prove that he is one of the most 5 midfielders who run in a match in the EPL

I agree with your last statement though..the amount of bias in this forum is disgusting..especially the Paro is better than Fabregas and Palladino is better than C.Ronaldo..

PS:if the defending in EPL is so bad..how come players like Forlan and Kanoute who couldnt score to save their lives in the EPL are now scoring for fun in La Liga??
Defending in the Serie a might be better than the EPL..but La liga's defending is definitely not better.
I not doubting his greatness as I regard him as the most exciting player to have played in the premiership, not the best, but the most exciting but we were talking about choking not achievements.

Henry was France's highest scorer in both wc98 and euro 2000 but all his goals except 1 were in the group stages, his only goal in the knockout stage was against Portugal in euro 2000

I dont think he played that well against us in cl as I thought Fabregas was Arsenal best player and he totally dominated us.

Henry came into it when Camoranesi and Zebina had been sent off and he had space to run into.

I thought in both legs against Villareal he did not play well at all and in the final, he missed sitters that against sides like Charlton he would have buried.

If you compare Henry to modern greats like Messi, Dp at his very best, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Sheva, Baggio, he is perhaps the only 1 that needs too much space to shine.

Without space where he would kill opponents with his pace Henry looks a very different player.

To answer your question about Forlan, I dont know if Manchester United was too big for him as he may have scored a lot of goals at a smaller English side and as for Kanoute, he did well initially at West Ham where he had a 1 goal out of 3 games ratio which aint bad but it did not work out for him at Tottenham.

Back to Lampard, we don't have a Makele or Essien, neither does England and you can see the difference in his performances.

Also how would Juve fans feel when Lampard starts taking unnecessary shots because he does not have the ability to dribble past organised defences.

SerieA is full of shite teams lets not kid ourselves but the 1 thing you cannot take away from them is their organisation when it comes to defending as most managers are so skilled in the act of defending and this is where Frank may struggle if he does join us as we are not exactly brimming with creative players.

I find it very ironic that the top teams in Italy all seem to have managers that are not very good in organising their teams as Milan, Inter, Roma and Juventus are all easier to break down or score against than the lesser lights.

Maybe because they tend to attack more that is why but teams always seem to create a lot of chances against these sides but unfortunately not always ttake them

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I not doubting his greatness as I regard him as the most exciting player to have played in the premiership, not the best, but the most exciting but we were talking about choking not achievements.

Henry was France's highest scorer in both wc98 and euro 2000 but all his goals except 1 were in the group stages, his only goal in the knockout stage was against Portugal in euro 2000

I dont think he played that well against us in cl as I thought Fabregas was Arsenal best player and he totally dominated us.

Henry came into it when Camoranesi and Zebina had been sent off and he had space to run into.

I thought in both legs against Villareal he did not play well at all and in the final, he missed sitters that against sides like Charlton he would have buried.

If you compare Henry to modern greats like Messi, Dp at his very best, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Sheva, Baggio, he is perhaps the only 1 that needs too much space to shine.

Without space where he would kill opponents with his pace Henry looks a very different player.
you make some fair points..but i have to disagree with your opinion abt the two juve games..he played very well against Juve in both legs..considering he was being played as a lone striker.
He had a hand in both goals..assisting Fabregas and scoring himself..not to mention he almost singlehandedly won us the Real Madrid match..for me he was only second to Ronaldinho in that CL campaign.

But i do agree..Henry is mentally fragile..he does tend to miss chances against the big teams he normally scores..like against Barca in the final..and like the many chances he made for himself against Juve in the second leg..But i have to add..if it werent for Buffon..he could have easily scored a goal or two in that second leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)