Lamps to Juve?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Its your opinion,but I dont agree with that.It isnt exactly comparing a Striker with a Goalkeeper here.Its a Midfielder against a Midfielder.They can be compared IMO.Its a general comparison,not limited to a specific midfield position.Lampard would be a pretty decent improvement in our midfield.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think a more relevant question than whether Lampard is better than our current midfielders is whether we need a player like Lampard.

I would say no. If we get an AM I would want a playmaker.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
ßöмßäяdîëя;1477264 said:
Freddy, can you hear this:

"Arsenal is gay"?

PS - I hope Juve get him, but what are the chances?
I disagree..Arsenal stopped being gay when Cashley left..no more phones up the Arse:tup:

Sep 26, 2007
ßöмßäяdîëя;1477264 said:

"Arsenal is gay"?

I'm hoping slim to none.

PS - I hope Bayern gets him.

Apr 12, 2004

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
ßöмßäяdîëя;1477264 said:

"Arsenal is gay"?

The words "Freddy", "Gay" & "Arsenal" in one post?

Is this the Official Freddie Ljungburg Thread?:D

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
anyone who says Lampard is overrated is is fool. Period. The guy scores 15 + goals a season. Him and Terry and Makalele were the main reasons Chelsea won 2 back to back league titles. In fact I think he was Chelseas top goalscorer for those 2 seasons an he almost started every match for them bar injuries (and he smashed the most league goals scored for a midfielder in the EPL as well). Now tell me how he is overrated. The guy has an impressive work rate. Sure he's not a flashy players but he is very effecient at what he does. and a gritty player as well. Just the type of player that we need.

now to all the people that say he only scored deflection goals...Who gives a crap? Goals are goals. besides the fact that he can just shoot and score from a deflection means that we can:

A- Score againt the run of play
B- no need for a buildup in attack(which we suck at) or worrying about the other team defending with too many players in the box.

and to finally fininsh things I have to say this. Gerrard may be a more complete player. but Lampard is more consistent.

one more thing: Lampard would fit into our team so perfectly that it's scary.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
ßöмßäяdîëя;1477294 said:
I never said he is overrated, I just hate him because he is English, and the English always think they are the best at everything.

:agree: right on the :money: Burke.

+rep

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
anyone who says Lampard is overrated is is fool. Period. The guy scores 15 + goals a season. Him and Terry and Makalele were the main reasons Chelsea won 2 back to back league titles. In fact I think he was Chelseas top goalscorer for those 2 seasons an he almost started every match for them bar injuries (and he smashed the most league goals scored for a midfielder in the EPL as well). Now tell me how he is overrated. The guy has an impressive work rate. Sure he's not a flashy players but he is very effecient at what he does. and a gritty player as well. Just the type of player that we need.

now to all the people that say he only scored deflection goals...Who gives a crap? Goals are goals. besides the fact that he can just shoot and score from a deflection means that we can:

A- Score againt the run of play
B- no need for a buildup in attack(which we suck at) or worrying about the other team defending with too many players in the box.

and to finally fininsh things I have to say this. Gerrard may be a more complete player. but Lampard is more consistent.

one more thing: Lampard would fit into our team so perfectly that it's scary.
Lampard IS over rated for 2 reasons.

1) He's English, & everything is hyped by their media to a point where pretty much every player is over rated.

2) He plays without responsibility. Chelsea play a back 4 containing some of the best defenders in the EPL. They protect this with 1, sometimes 2 DM. They play 3 up front, occupying typical EPL back fours. Given the poor technical & tactical set ups in that league, a player from CM who doesnt have to really help his defense will score goals. Look at Fabregas, Gerrard, Scholes, Kevin Nolan(!), MG Pederson, & many more.

May 19, 2007
Please LAMPARD go to Juventus!!!

and some newspapers are thinking that Juventus is also after Drogba.
Very unlikely for the Double-Swap.

Lampard and Ivanovic

NICE WINTERSTOP TRANSFER

SCUDETTO HERE WE COME!!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We dont really need Lampard.He'd be a luxury.But having said that,he can be a potential replacement for Nedved.
How exactly do we "not need" Lampard? Last time I checked, Nedved is on his last legs and we don't have any ideas in the center of the pitch if Ranieri will continue using Nocerino and Zanetti. We do need a player like Lampard if we seriously want to challenge for Serie A; somehow who can pick up the ball and make things happen for us around the box. Unless Nedved is deployed behind the strikers, we don't have a player such as Frank.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Lampard, but for 7 million he's coming at a seemingly discounted rate.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
em......drogba is interested

i know where i woudl rather spend the money

seriously though lampard and ranieri have a good relationship so there could be a good chance of this happening. he is better than anything we have, though i would prefer a playmaker. but if you looka t who we are linked with i would prefer lampard to riquelme as he at least works and scores goals from mdifeld for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)