Lamps to Juve?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2007
EDIT: added Poll. Lamps to Juve? yes or no

many people debate about this. Can he fit in a 4-4-2/4-3-3 or only 4-1-2-1-2 type formation is suitable only for him hence making it difficult for Ranieri to thinker it up?

Italian Press reports suggest that Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco is in London to present Chelsea with an offer for Frank Lampard.

The England international midfielder is believed to be determined to quit Stamford Bridge this summer after the departure of manager Jose Mourinho.

Juve made an unsuccessful approach last summer, but now appear to have a realistic chance of luring the unsettled star, who is under contract until 2009.

Bianconeri boss Claudio Ranieri launched the 29-year-old’s career when the Roman tactician signed Lampard for Chelsea from West Ham in 2001.

La Gazzetta dello Sport suggests that the Cadetti champions would need to find £7m to reunite the two men in Turin.

Lampard is allegedly willing to accept a pay cut from around £4.2m to £3.4 in order to begin a fresh challenge in Serie A.

Such a move would certainly spell the end for troubled Portuguese summer signing Tiago Mendes.

Having expressed his frustration at a lack of first-team football, Tiago would be unlikely to stay and greet former teammate Lampard.

There are rumours that Fiorentina are waiting to pounce on the ex-Lyon man and will pay just half of the £7m Juve shelled out in the summer.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct23d.html

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Jun 5, 2007
  • Thread Starter #2
    my first thought was why lampard. he is overrated, he is already 29, he is english and bla bla bla.

but for £7m? thats quite a bargain.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
    price is not the concern for me. but if he comes, will the others(better chelsea ppl) follow? drogba or mourinho for instance. will juve be a more attractive club to make a move to? imo externalities are more important at the moment.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    My guess is that Lampard will wait and see what Mourinho does.

It's good to keep contact with Lampard, but if Mourinho wants him at a major club, I guess he'll go there.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
    My guess is that Lampard will wait and see what Mourinho does.

It's good to keep contact with Lampard, but if Mourinho wants him at a major club, I guess he'll go there.
    imo juve should force it the other way around or through whoever juve can get first, rather than sit back and watch. get one of the three (mourinho, lampard or drogba) and than let the 1st aqusition do the talking.

OP
    Jun 5, 2007
  • Thread Starter #7
    ranieri doing so well right now, it's hard to mourinho to come in. meantime milan is doing ridiculously bad, very likely mourinho would go there.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
    Sep 12, 2006
    After Abramovich v Mourinho, can you really see Berlusconi v Mourinho? Milan managers have to conceede that Silvio will interfere & I cant see Jose signing up for anymore of that to be honest.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    imo juve should force it the other way around or through whoever juve can get first, rather than sit back and watch. get one of the three (mourinho, lampard or drogba) and than let the 1st aqusition do the talking.
    You want to take the whole Chelsea squad over??

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Unnecessary, we are full of mids and if we really want a good one then we should look for younger emerging stars or Gerrard. :D

Sep 26, 2007
    This is the world's worst rumor and everytime Juve are linked to Fat Frank I almost have a heart attack. Who needs an over the hill fat guy on our team? He's a dirty player who doesn't have the skill he had in his prime to back it up. Lets not live in the past. The only person on Chelsea I wouldn't mind at Juve is Drogba and really the only Englishman would be Gerrard but, that definitely will not be happening.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
    I don't know how this can be considered a bad rumor... he's heads and tails better than any central midfielder we have, and any that we have been linked to except maybe Diego. He has lots of CL and International experience, and is a complete midfielder.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Comparison doesnt really depend on being totally alike.Messi is a better player than all our midfielders,but we dont have a midfielder like him.Does that mean that they cant be compared?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)