• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
but can he defend? do we need to field to players like Nocerino and Zanetti to cover for him or he could play in a flat 4-4-2 with him being next to Nocerino let's say?

I'm just asking since you guys see him play every week.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
but can he defend? do we need to field to players like Nocerino and Zanetti to cover for him or he could play in a flat 4-4-2 with him being next to Nocerino let's say?

For him to be at his most effective he needs to be given relatively little by way of defensive responsibilities.

Just look at how much better he is at Chelsea with Makelele and Essien behind him compared to with England where he has to help out much more as the play 4-4-2.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
For him to be at his most effective he needs to be given relatively little by way of defensive responsibilities.

Just look at how much better he is at Chelsea with Makelele and Essien behind him compared to with England where he has to help out much more as the play 4-4-2.
I said a similar thing a few posts back. You only have to look at how England struggle to find a place for him to see how free a role he enjoys at Chelsea.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
so he'd be useless in a 4-3-3(Camo-Zanetti-Nocerino) and a 4-4-2(Camo-Nocerino-Zanetti-Marchionni). Our most common formations. :(

we also played a
4-1-2-1-2(Zanetti; Camo-Nocerino; Lampard) and that would be the only formation he could be at full potential.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
so he'd be useless in a 4-3-3(Camo-Zanetti-Nocerino) and a 4-4-2(Camo-Nocerino-Zanetti-Marchionni). Our most common formations. :(

we also played a
4-1-2-1-2(Zanetti; Camo-Nocerino; Lampard) and that would be the only formation he could be at full potential.
And without two fullbacks bombing down the flanks (Zambro!) that formation would be weak anyways.

I just dont see him coming to Italy at all. Spain & Barca perhaps. English players dont travel well. Beckham, Hargreaves (who doesnt count), McManaman, Ince, Platt & Gazza covers almost the last 20 years.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
EDIT: added Poll. Lamps to Juve? yes or no

Many people debate about this. Can he fit in a 4-4-2/4-3-3 or only 4-1-2-1-2 type formation is suitable only for him hence making it difficult for Ranieri to thinker it up?

What about the young guns we already have?(Nocerino, Marchisio)
What about Tiago, Zanetti...

What about his wages? price?

so do you want that mofo at Juve? :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't mind him but i'm afraid that buying him will kill my dream of seeing a football magician in our midfield. I'm also scared that there will be no place for Giovinco, even though they don't occupy the same position.
That's why i voted no

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
When he has to be, he can be reasonably defensively responsible. Judging from what I've seen with both Almiron (in Empoli and Juve) and Lampard (with Chelsea and England), I'd say their defensive contribution is pretty close. I would say you could put him in a flat 4-4-2 and get away with it, so long as he has either Nocerino or Zanetti with him.

He'd definitely be ideal in a 4-1-2-1-2 formation though. While a lot of people don't think much of English players (due largely in part to their overhype by English media), the Premiership is a very good league essentially combining the tactical wit of Serie A with the speedy offensive play of La Liga. I think he would add a lot of offense to the midfield without totally giving up defensive presence, as a signing like Riquelme would.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Lampard IS over rated for 2 reasons.

1) He's English, & everything is hyped by their media to a point where pretty much every player is over rated.

2) He plays without responsibility. Chelsea play a back 4 containing some of the best defenders in the EPL. They protect this with 1, sometimes 2 DM. They play 3 up front, occupying typical EPL back fours. Given the poor technical & tactical set ups in that league, a player from CM who doesnt have to really help his defense will score goals. Look at Fabregas, Gerrard, Scholes, Kevin Nolan(!), MG Pederson, & many more.
2) They play with with 2 DM Yes, something which we do now as well.

1) Yes the english overhype their player, but that doesn't stop him from being one of the best at his positions and at what he does. Terry is hyped to no tomorrow by the media, does that make less of being argubaly the best CB in the world? Same thing for Gerrard.

His defensive capabilities aren't anything to go wow over, but he doesn't really need to in the formation we would field him in. Right now Both Zanetti and Nocerino are pretty much untouchable in the starting eleven. and with Camo our formation would be the following:

-Camo--Nocerino---Zanetti
----------Lampard-------------

so he'd be useless in a 4-3-3(Camo-Zanetti-Nocerino) and a 4-4-2(Camo-Nocerino-Zanetti-Marchionni). Our most common formations. :
(

we also played a
He would not be usless in a 4-3-3 (which would be ideally: Nocerino/Zanetti-Tiago-Lampard. Similar to what the 4-3-3 emplyed by Chelsea many times)

he would aslo not be usless in a classic 4-4-2 in the middle. He has played in that next to Makalele before under Ranieri and did well. and this was in a fast paced league.

also to the poster who said we would need good fullbacks that support the attack for Lampard to work. That comment is absolutely not true and has no founndation at all. Chelsea play(ed) with crap fullbacks. That did not stop Lampard from doing well.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Lion has provided good points above, especially with how the 4-3-3 would work with Lampard inserted into the mix. I don't have a clue why people associate the 4-3-3 with a midfield comprised with 1/3 part Camoranesi. The way I see it, Camoranesi would be the right winger of the front three, where he should be placed as nobody else can really fill that role.

So yes, this would certainly be feasible and probably end up working wonders.

Buffon

Grygera - Legrottaglie - Chiellini - Molinaro

Nocerino - Zanetti

Lampard

Camoransi - Trezeguet - Del Piero (Nedved)

But Ranieri actually thinking like this is another story.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Lion has provided good points above, especially with how the 4-3-3 would work with Lampard inserted into the mix. I don't have a clue why people associate the 4-3-3 with a midfield comprised with 1/3 part Camoranesi. The way I see it, Camoranesi would be the right winger of the front three, where he should be placed as nobody else can really fill that role.

So yes, this would certainly be feasible and probably end up working wonders.

Buffon

Grygera - Legrottaglie - Chiellini - Molinaro

Nocerino - Zanetti

Lampard

Camoransi - Trezeguet - Del Piero (Nedved)

But Ranieri actually thinking like this is another story.
I think that formation would be better WITHOUT Lampard. Place Camo in Lampard's role and Iaquinta upfront. Much better..

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
elayyan, read what the guy says, he said:

"Add in Beckham and Mcmanaman and you've covered all Europe."
Meaning, English people can succeed outside of EPL, in italy (Gazza, Ince and Platt) and la liga (Becks and Mcmanaman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)