• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
I think he is after all coming to juve. He said it before that he wants a new experience in another country. Plus he did complaint many times about his contract situation with chelsea. And ranieri likes him :spliff: . So i guess he's coming......
Who's position does he take?

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Who's position does he take?
He takes Zanetti and Tiago's position as the "playmaking defensive central midfielder." Essentially the Pirlo to our Gattusos, Sissoko or Nocerino.

Honestly, I think he'd make a nice partnership with Sissoko. Of course, Zanetti could probably challenge for the pure defensive position as well.

We have to admit, if the choice is between Diego, Lampard and Aquilani (with an offchance for VDV), Lamps might be the least preferred, but we're at least talking top echelon players (or in Aquilani's case, potential to be top echelon). We're not talking second tier players or guys well in their 30s, like Senna.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Is he taking a pay cut?!!! :D
Definitely would have to. I think Buffon's salary is the individual player cap... no one else can make more.

My guess is Lampard is playing hardball with Chelsea because he knows they have the money and have given ridiculous amounts to less worthy players.

His demands with Juve would be much less because he'd be coming for the opportunity and to reunite with the guy that made him a star.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Definitely would have to. I think Buffon's salary is the individual player cap... no one else can make more.

My guess is Lampard is playing hardball with Chelsea because he knows they have the money and have given ridiculous amounts to less worthy players.

His demands with Juve would be much less because he'd be coming for the opportunity and to reunite with the guy that made him a star.
Hope they reunite in a team other than Juve :smoke:

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I still think there is absolutely no chance in hell to sign him,
but i would like him to join us, actually i would be delighted!
I think the only chance we have is if he actually wants to leave Chelsea and actually wants to come here. The Ranieri connection is critical to this.

I personally think he's an excellent signing for the type of team they are building.

Van der Vaart and Diego might be better players, but they don't fit the system as well as Lampard would, and sometimes that instant chemistry is important. It didn't take Sissoko long to adapt to Juve... that could very well be because he was familiar with Ranieri and his tactics. I think if Ranieri can continue to make up for a brutal new year, his job is safe for next season.

Mar 30, 2006
if lampard does come here his salary will be in line with the rest of our top players. It is not like he will be poor so I don't see why he would not come.

He would have the chance to leave shitty old England where he is disrespected by his own fans and have a key role in a top team challenging for titles he has never won.

I hope he does come here because him and Sissoko would form a very very good midfield partnership and with Zanetti and Marchisio we will have alot of depth in the middle. If Tiago ends up staying we could even have a very solid 3 man mid.

I would love it if we had:

Giovinco/Nedved----Lamps----Momo---Camo

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
if lampard does come here his salary will be in line with the rest of our top players. It is not like he will be poor so I don't see why he would not come.

He would have the chance to leave shitty old England where he is disrespected by his own fans and have a key role in a top team challenging for titles he has never won.

I hope he does come here because him and Sissoko would form a very very good midfield partnership and with Zanetti and Marchisio we will have alot of depth in the middle. If Tiago ends up staying we could even have a very solid 3 man mid.

I would love it if we had:

Giovinco/Nedved----Lamps----Momo---Camo

Agreed. I think his salary demands are one of two things:

-A clear statement that he wants to leave
and/or
-Calling Chelsea on their recent overpayments, and stating that if they're willing to overpay Ballack and Shevchenko, they better be willing to overpay him. Its not the money, but the status. If he made the same or slightly less than Buffon here, it would still say that they value him as a top player.

Mar 30, 2006
Agreed. I think his salary demands are one of two things:

-A clear statement that he wants to leave
and/or
-Calling Chelsea on their recent overpayments, and stating that if they're willing to overpay Ballack and Shevchenko, they better be willing to overpay him. Its not the money, but the status. If he made the same or slightly less than Buffon here, it would still say that they value him as a top player.
right on.

i would say if he came here he would make the same as gigi because he is a top mid in the prime of his career and they have to recognize that.

You are right when u say he is probably up set by Ballack and Sheva making so much when you consider his output compared to theirs.

Lampard-Sissoko would be much better and more dynamic than Emerson-Vieira imo.

Lampard brings goals, assists and neat passing to Sissoko's ridiculous work ethic. I think they would complement each other very well. Add Giovinco and Camo's creativity and we will be a very good team barring any serious injuries.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
right on.

i would say if he came here he would make the same as gigi because he is a top mid in the prime of his career and they have to recognize that.

You are right when u say he is probably up set by Ballack and Sheva making so much when you consider his output compared to theirs.

Lampard-Sissoko would be much better and more dynamic than Emerson-Vieira imo.

Lampard brings goals, assists and neat passing to Sissoko's ridiculous work ethic. I think they would complement each other very well. Add Giovinco and Camo's creativity and we will be a very good team barring any serious injuries.
Not to mention Nedved, De Ceglie or Brazzo for a more gritty edge as needed...
adding him really solidifies what was a very suspect midfield at the beginning of the season.

Its also important to note that its very doubtful this rumor would last as long as it has if Lampard wasn't willing to accept Buffon money.

Diego just told us to fuck off... and VDV doesn't seem to fit what Juve wants. Who's left? Hamsik, Aquilani and Lampard. Aquilani isn't moving, and if Napoli has its way, neither is Hamsik.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well after Ranieri tried a 3 men defence I have hopes of seeing a 3-4-1-2 formation

----------DP-------------Trez
---------------Giovinco
Nedved--------------------Camoranesi
-----------Sissoko Lampard
----Chiellini Legrotagllie Andrade
----------------Buffon

Zapata or maybe some other great defender could replace Legro or the most likely injury prone Andrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)