Lamps to Juve?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Jose's treatment of Tiago doesnt matter here.Even if you think that Jose was wrong to give Lampard so much playing time,your argument would fall flat because Lampard was one of the most consistent midifelders around under him.

If you dont want Lampard at Juventus,fine that understandable,but you could atleast admit that its because you dont like him as a player personally and not because he's a bad player.Lampard is a very good midfielder.Not one of the best in the world as the english media would have you believe,but he is still top drawer.

I dont have any problem with someone saying that they dont want Lampard at Juventus,but you really need to reconsider what you're saying if you call Lampard a poor player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
The only problem I see about him are those wages.

Even thou I must admit I`d rather see Diego,Aquilani,Hamsik or van der Vaar here.
He has said that he was willing accept 4m in the past if i remember correctly.Ofcourse everyone would prefer Diego,Aquilani or VDV over Lampard.They've got youth on their side and they'd only get better.But saying no to Lampard incase we dont end up with any of the above mentioned players simply because 'Lampard is a poor player' is a very big underestimation of his talent.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
Jose's treatment of Tiago doesnt matter here.Even if you think that Jose was wrong to give Lampard so much playing time,your argument would fall flat because Lampard was one of the most consistent midifelders around under him.

If you dont want Lampard at Juventus,fine that understandable,but you could atleast admit that its because you dont like him as a player personally and not because he's a bad player.Lampard is a very good midfielder.Not one of the best in the world as the english media would have you believe,but he is still top drawer.

I dont have any problem with someone saying that they dont want Lampard at Juventus,but you really need to reconsider what you're saying if you call Lampard a poor player.
I was just replaying to his "Lampard is a starter in that midfield. Lampard was a fundamental player under Mourinho, a coach many people here consider prefect for Juve"...like Jose al so appreciated Tiago even said so , taht let him go was a mistake...
I didn't say that Lampard is bad player, but he is not for Juve (don't like his style, just overrated), like i don't think Sissoko is for Juve or Nocerino, Almiron, Andrade, BLAH, Grygera etc...But hey, if you got incapable manager and the people behind him, you can't expect any thing more...
And he is 31...the question here is if are we building a young squad, like Arsenal...or are we going to be 3th or 4th in Serie A for 4 to 5 years, and win nothing???
Every one is talking about our youngsters Giovinco, Marchisio, De Ceglie now even Lanzafame...So why not give them a chance???? In the begining of the season Gigli was saying that the "youngsters" will get there chance, i wonder if that was just for the fans and media...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
C mon guys, VDV better than Lampard???
U ve got to be kidding...
I agree that EPl players are very over-rated and over-priced, but not Lampard
and esp not after those circumstances and price. He would be a perfect fit to our formation, system and mentality...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I was just replaying to his "Lampard is a starter in that midfield. Lampard was a fundamental player under Mourinho, a coach many people here consider prefect for Juve"...like Jose al so appreciated Tiago even said so , taht let him go was a mistake...
I didn't say that Lampard is bad player, but he is not for Juve (don't like his style, just overrated), like i don't think Sissoko is for Juve or Nocerino, Almiron, Andrade, BLAH, Grygera etc...But hey, if you got incapable manager and the people behind him, you can't expect any thing more...
And he is 31...the question here is if are we building a young squad, like Arsenal...or are we going to be 3th or 4th in Serie A for 4 to 5 years, and win nothing???
Every one is talking about our youngsters Giovinco, Marchisio, De Ceglie now even Lanzafame...So why not give them a chance???? In the begining of the season Gigli was saying that the "youngsters" will get there chance, i wonder if that was just for the fans and media...
I agree.......with nothing in this post !

1. Jose may have said that Tiago is a good player but we've seen what did he do with him. He sold him after 1 single season. He may have said everything after he sold him, but it's a fact that he sold him and i really doubt he regrets that decission.
On the other hand, Lampard was his main player. Actually, he was the main player of the team that won the EPL twice in a row and a team that is regularly among the best 4 in CL.

2. Why isn't Sissoko good for Juve ? That guy would be in my team of the world. He covers so much space and wins so many balls that if you have the right players and use the right tactics it will seem that your team has 12 players on the field, not 11.

3. Lampard is 29, he's not 31

3. And why would we like to be like Arsenal ?
Yeah, having youth and all that may be exciting. Discussing how strong our team will be when the youngsters will grow up is also exciting.
The only fact here is that there isn't a single team consisted mostly of youngsters that won a league or the CL.
Arsenal's best years were when they had 26/27/28 years old players leading the team. Henry, Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg, Campbell.
This year is not finished but i'm 100% sure that they'll be left empty handed, again.

4. We gave chances to youngsters this year and only one of them impressed. Actually, if we didn't have our senior players we would have been fighting for Intertoto at the moment.
Palladino, Chiellini and Nocerino are still considered youngsters. They were all given a chance and apart from Chiellini the other two failed.
We decided to give a chance to another youngster, Criscito, and we got burned.
Molinaro is also very young and we know how he turned out to be.

We're talking about 5 players here. How many more youngsters would you like ?

Our youngsters in the other teams may be good but what's the guarantee they would have changed anything if they played for Juve. Are they so good in reality as they are in our heads ?
Giovinco is my favorite player and i think he's great. He, Marchisio, Volpato and Piccolo play for Empoli. Did they change anything in Empoli ? Are Empoli so much better than they were when their main player was Almiron and when they won a UEFA Cup place ?
Let me remind you that Empoli are placed at 19th position and if Cagliari didn't have -3 pts deducted Empoli would have been dead last in the standings.
De Ceglie is also a regular in a relegation struggling team. Lanzafame plays in serie B.
To sum up what i was saying in point #5 : we DID give chances to the youngsters so Gigli wasn't lying when he said that.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007

1. Jose may have said that Tiago is a good player but we've seen what did he do with him. He sold him after 1 single season. He may have said everything after he sold him, but it's a fact that he sold him and i really doubt he regrets that decission.
On the other hand, Lampard was his main player. Actually, he was the main player of the team that won the EPL twice in a row and a team that is regularly among the best 4 in CL.

2. Why isn't Sissoko good for Juve ? That guy would be in my team of the world. He covers so much space and wins so many balls that if you have the right players and use the right tactics it will seem that your team has 12 players on the field, not 11.

Yeah, having youth and all that may be exciting. Discussing how strong our team will be when the youngsters will grow up is also exciting.
The only fact here is that there isn't a single team consisted mostly of youngsters that won a league or the CL.
Arsenal's best years were when they had 26/27/28 years old players leading the team. Henry, Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg, Campbell.
This year is not finished but i'm 100% sure that they'll be left empty handed, again.

4. We gave chances to youngsters this year and only one of them impressed. Actually, if we didn't have our senior players we would have been fighting for Intertoto at the moment.
Palladino, Chiellini and Nocerino are still considered youngsters. They were all given a chance and apart from Chiellini the other two failed.

Our youngsters in the other teams may be good but what's the guarantee they would have changed anything if they played for Juve. Are they so good in reality as they are in our heads ?
Giovinco is my favorite player and i think he's great. He, Marchisio, Volpato and Piccolo play for Empoli. Did they change anything in Empoli ? Are Empoli so much better than they were when their main player was Almiron and when they won a UEFA Cup place ?
Let me remind you that Empoli are placed at 19th position and if Cagliari didn't have -3 pts deducted Empoli would have been dead last in the standings.
De Ceglie is also a regular in a relegation struggling team. Lanzafame plays in serie B.
To sum up what i was saying in point #5 : we DID give chances to the youngsters so Gigli wasn't lying when he said that.
:tup: TBH, one of the main things i've been dissapointed about this year is that I, like most Juve fans i know wanted to give our youngsters a good shot at it and we have and well they've failed and we can't blame it on Ranieri or our management.. Criscito, Palla & Nocerino have just been ordinary in a year everyone was expecting them to perform in which they had the oppurtunity to

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
But Chilellini and (a slight stretch) Legro have been absolutely brilliant. All is not lost ;)

Chiellini, in particular, makes me think that, after Ale, then Gigi, he will be il capitano

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Crisicto needed more time. Palladino hasnt played in his natural position being used as a winger. Nocerino would be ok if he had someone beside him who could do better, but still i sthink sissoko and zanetti are way ahead of him.

Lampard would work well in a midfield that was flat and had some pacey wingers. I personally would prefer to spend the money on Hamsik, not because he is better than Lampard as a player overall, but because he is used to Serie A, he is young and offers characteristics which the team needs, that being speed in midfield.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005

Were you angry or do you really like Lampard?:D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Except we arent going to end up empty handed because we're a young team, if we do end up trophy less its going to be because we dont have enough squad depth and because we rely on an inconsistent striker for goals.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
Were you angry or do you really like Lampard?:D
I think, he realy likes Lampard...
Sissoko? Hmmm...What about his passing??? What does it matter if he can run and take the ball away, if he, in that second gives it back to the opponent...
You said you'll put him in your team of the world, come on dude?? I'll rather put Mascherano in that position...He is "a Juve" worthy player...Don't u agree!?...

What did Febregas did in his previous club???? (Gio at Empoli)... What did Flamini do in his former club??? (Marchisio at Empoli) ... What did Clichy do??? (De Ceglie at Siena)...Where they all team leaders in their clubs before they join Asrenal!??? Don't think soo...

U made couple a off good point's but when u say that Gigli was right, come on...They (Marchisio, Gio, De Ceglie) must play for us...In JUVENTUS team, not Empoli or Siena...U can put Ronaldinho there he wouldn't do "shit"...Cos if the team isn't any good you can't make any progress...and it's easy to play with people or players who understand you and give u the ball in the right way...The players who can read the game or simple put, Champions...

But hay that is just my opinion...DOn't be mad at me...Just don't like Lampard's stayle of playing football...:flag:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think, he realy likes Lampard...
No, Lampard is just an ordinary player for me and i have no feelings for this player. I don't like him and i don't dislike him
Sissoko? Hmmm...What about his passing??? What does it matter if he can run and take the ball away, if he, in that second gives it back to the opponent...
What passing and what losing of the ball ? He won 10 times more balls than he lost from what i've seen so far.
And guys, drop the passing thing already. He doesn't need to be a good passer and not every midfielder needs to be a good passer. Take a look at Makelele for example.
You can't call him not good enough midfielder just because he doesn't pass well. It would be the same as calling Del Piero a bad attacker because every attacker needs to score goals with his head, not only with his feet.
Sissoko covers so much space and does the job of 2, maybe even 3 players.
Just hear the fans at Olimpico, they adore him. They know how to value his qualities.

But hay that is just my opinion...DOn't be mad at me...Just don't like Lampard's stayle of playing football...:flag:
Actually, my reaction had nothing to do with what you said about Lampard. I couldn't care less about him.
I was mad when i read your comments about Sissoko :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)