Krasic, the New Diego (9 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
We got Krasic becasue we couldn't get Dzeko. And Diego couldn't save Wolfsburg from the 15th spot in the Bundesliga, shows you how good he really is. Talent doesn't mean squat if you don't have any drive and can't lead a team. That's what Diego was supposed to do, and he failed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Do you follow Wolfsburg ALC? I actually haven't this year, but I still know that they had at least one coaching change mid-season - I've never been impressed by McClaren (possibly/probably a shift in tactics?), and got rid of their best couple of attacking players this year. There were also changes to the defense (at least Kjaer) that didn't go as well as anticipated.

You want to put the blame on Diego? What a crock of shit. When a team wins the Bundesliga, and a couple of years later is battling against relegation, there are obviously major internal issues. Diego's confidence was already in the shitter, and obviously joining a dysfunctional team like Wolfsburg is not conducive to a player regaining past form. The guy needs continuity in a stable, quality environment if he's going to rediscover his game.

We never should have sold the player after one season, the price we got for him was utterly stupid, and selling Krasic now would be a monumental error. Milos has qualities that can help this team moving forward - we just need to put some more quality pieces around him, get some better movement up front, support from the back, balance the field so we're not so damn predictable; he needs some more players he can regularly combine with, and continuity, which is absolutely necessary to develop some chemistry with his teammates.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Do you follow Wolfsburg ALC? I actually haven't this year, but I still know that they had at least one coaching change mid-season - I've never been impressed by McClaren (possibly/probably a shift in tactics?), and got rid of their best couple of attacking players this year. There were also changes to the defense (at least Kjaer) that didn't go as well as anticipated.
I can't say I do, but he would've been more effective if he is as good as people say. We sold him for his proper price. I can't really complain about that, it's our management's fault for paying over 20 million for him. And I know it's just an assumption, but he would've flopped even more this year, considering how much Delneri likes his 4-4-2.

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
Jul 8, 2007
Seriously guys, this thread is absurd. We had an horrendous seaason, but Krasic is definitely nto the one to blame. He more than did his part. The difference with Diego is that he came in and was supposed to be our new Platini, our new Baggio, our new Del Piero and he was not even close to that. Krasic on the other hand came in as just a good winger and he was that and more.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I always liked Diego, I remember cursing fuckers who sold him because he can't fit into 4-4-2. :rolleyes:

Selling Krasic would be another stupid move.

Our team is full of mediocrities, Krasic was unknown to our opponents and he adapted well. But, once we started to overuse right wing because we don't have anything worth of mention on other one, and rely heavily on already tired Milos, we destroyed ourselves and him as well.

Jul 2, 2006
I wasn't against selling Diego but i didn't know we will send Giovinco and Camoranesi for free and replace them with 2 terrorists. Instead of getting Martinez and Pepe, with Giovinco and Diego, we would have been much different than now.

Melo - Marchisio

Krasic - Diego - Giovinco

Quagliarella​

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Maybe because the hype around Krasic before arriving here is 38 times less than the hype around Diego was before arriving to the club? Have you considered this factor?
Exactly. Fans here were tipping us for the CL, not just the Scudetto. Plus Krasic cost 10m less.

Yeah I know, but as Kyle said, Diego was expected to become the saviour, alot of people had that hyped exaggerated mindset with him, and was too simplistic in scapegoating the failure of the club on him alone (plus didnt help his role was in such a way that litterally team was relied on him). Krasic was more of unknown factor when he came, plus the Diego debacle I assume taught alot of peeps to not have exaggerated expectations on one individual alone.

Not only for Diego/Krasic, but our expectations were much higher/delusional then in general for the team. In bit of a fantasy land with appointing Ciro, signing Melo, Diego and so on after a good previous season. The fall was much higher, then this seasons, which is just the continuation of last seasons fuck up, meaning little to no real expectations prior to this season, just that elusive CL spot.
Quoted for the truth.

Both of them failed or the team failed with them as key players, but Diego's fail was much bigger if for nothing more than the mere money invested in him and the expectations of the team.

As for should we sell Krasic, no, we shouldn't. He's a much more useful player than Diego, even though the latter has more natural talent, he needs the freaking stars in the sky to be aligned just right, to show it. The guy is 26 years old and shows failure after failure, yet people still believe in him. He's not a bad player, not by a mile, but he's just not that type that makes it in a big club.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #89
    Exactly. Fans here were tipping us for the CL, not just the Scudetto. Plus Krasic cost 10m less.
    Nobody said we would win the CL, that's bollocks. And the prices paid are simply market value, not Diego's fault. But you don't understand markets, so who cares what you say.

As for should we sell Krasic, no, we shouldn't. He's a much more useful player than Diego
    In what way? That's just your bullshit opinion, like that of some drug addict on the streets of Zagreb. In reality, Krasic has been worse than Diego over the course of the entire season. You're just saying this crap because you're against Diego.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #90
    We got Krasic becasue we couldn't get Dzeko. And Diego couldn't save Wolfsburg from the 15th spot in the Bundesliga, shows you how good he really is. Talent doesn't mean squat if you don't have any drive and can't lead a team. That's what Diego was supposed to do, and he failed.
    Same goes for Krasic. He was our big signing and he's been a big failure, performing to a lower standard than Diego.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Nobody said we would win the CL, that's bollocks. And the prices paid are simply market value, not Diego's fault. But you don't understand markets, so who cares what you say.

In what way? That's just your bullshit opinion, like that of some drug addict on the streets of Zagreb. In reality, Krasic has been worse than Diego over the course of the entire season. You're just saying this crap because you're against Diego.
    Then we should have waited with signing Diego as his market value now is much more realistic.

Worse or not it doesn't matter. The jury is still out on him as is on the whole team, bar Buffon and Chiellini, but Diego is gone, gone, gone and never to come back. Hopefully he ends up back in Brasil quite soon. There he'll finally shine again!

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #92
    Worse or not it doesn't matter. The jury is still out on him as is on the whole team
    If you said the same thing about Diego, I might respect your opinion. But you didn't, so you're a hypocrite.

In what way is Krasic more useful than Diego?

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

If you said the same thing about Diego, I might respect your opinion. But you didn't, so you're a hypocrite.

In what way is Krasic more useful than Diego?
    How could I have said it when he left? The jury is done with Diego. Krasic is still here and if he leaves tommorow, he'll be a failure just like Diego.

He's more useful because he's not a Brasilian primadonna. Diego plays on one position on the pitch and a position where you need to be WC to make it. You need to a maestro to be a trequartista and he's just not it. It's not that Krasic is more useful, it's that Diego is....actually useless. A player who can't pull his own weight on the pitch.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #95
    You need to be "world class" to make it as an attacking midfielder? So all the players who aren't world class but do well for their clubs didn't make it? :lol:

That goes to show how little you know about the game. Stick with the work out tips, not football.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    The hype and the fact that Diego requires a team built around him, unlike Krasic. I would also say that Krasic has been more effective.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #97
    And you would be wrong, because Krasic hasn't been effective whatsoever since November and the system is indeed built around him. The majority of the play goes through him and he's the main attacking outlet in midfield.

I don't think some of you have even played a day of football on the pitch.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

You need to be "world class" to make it as an attacking midfielder? So all the players who aren't world class but do well for their clubs didn't make it? :lol:

That goes to show how little you know about the game. Stick with the work out tips, not football.
    But Diego doesn't do well for his clubs, he makes them worse. I thought that was clear by now.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    @ Alen

I agree with you completely

I really think Del Piero needs to go... YES I SAID IT!!!!!!!!!
    Shut the fuck up.

As for Andy's post, 100% agreed and your post makes sense. Just like I was against selling Diego I am now against letting Krasic go. Both players had/have potential we just didn't get the best out them.

And those who disliked Diego, disliked him before even signing with the team because apparently they wanted some pony tail show on the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)