Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #226
    What do you mean upgrade over ogbonna dude barely had game play. Let the brother stay for one more season unless we get a 20 mil bid.
    meh! sell BonBon and use Angie as Chiello's backup?

happy?

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Ogbonna has never showed anytime beside one season with Torino. I think it was 2011/2012
    And that was, in an amazing coincidence, the last time he really played continuously.

Injured a lot in 12/13 with Torino.

Not given much playing time with Juve last season.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
    Even without playing continuously, you can get a glimps of a players potential from a few games (and ogbonna played more than just a few). For me ogbonna doesn't even have the potential to become good. He is mediciore at best, maybe decent if he explodes. He has absoloutly no sense of positioning, clumsy, can't handle pressure, error prone etc.

==

The Greek club's advisor has now confirmed that an offer has been tabled, but warned Juve of interest from elsewhere.

The Bianconeri are interested in the player and have made a good offer,” former Real Madrid man Karembeu has told Tuttosport today.

"They are not the only ones, though… In the last few days interesting proposals have also arrived from England. Any meetings set with Beppe Marotta? We are in contact, we will see in the next few days “The price, pretty much, is this - we are not willing to negotiate for less than €10m. We have not set a deadline. If we receive the right offer, we will sell him. Otherwise, we will keep him."

The suggestion in parts has been Juve are looking to lower the cost by including one or two players in exchange.

We do not need them - the team is practically complete, we lack only a striker. We are looking for an expert forward, in light of the Champions League. So Giovinco? For the time being, no.”

His preferred destination? Juve are top of his wishes, but Kostas has an emotional attachment to Olympiacos. He has a deal with the President, he will accept the team that will meet the economic needs of the club. Be that Juve or an English club.

Has he asked my advice? Yes. I told him that at Juventus he would have the opportunity to play and take an important leap forward.I think he would be fine with Juventus’ defenders. Kostas can be used indifferently in a back three or four. He is so fast he could play at the back by himself!

I just quoted whats relevant to juve.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
    Found this on B/R:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2114086-scouting-report-is-kostas-manolas-liverpool-quality

* Manolas' clearances per game (6.0) was higher than Italian centre-back Giorgio Chiellini (4.7).

* Manolas' pass completion percentage (87.5) is comparable to German centre-back Mats Hummels (87.2).

* Manolas averaged more headers won per game (3.3) than English centre-back Gary Cahill (3.0).

* Manolas' tackle completion percentage (75, per Squawka.com) was more proficient than Brazilian centre-back David Luiz (46, per Squawka.com).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)