Kostas Manolas - CB - Roma (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
My boss who is Greek (knowledgeable of greek footie in general) and knows him well says he is not fast at all, but has decent promising talent, ok positioning/reading of the game. But that he is not ready for top football, not worth this kind of money yet and needs to be groomed couple of seasons and be tactically developed well before being ready, says its better for him to go Italian/south european footie teams then EPL one where all the space of the latter would show his limitaitons more.
So why am I not surprised, we already signed Bonucci, Ogbonna we should keep the tradition going with overpriced average defenders :howler:

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
According to some reports if we get Manolas, Bonucci may be the one who will be sold. To Monaco. I just have read this on another forum and frankly, if we are going to use 433 or another formation with 4 players at the back, it wouldn't be such a stupid idea. I really like Bonu, but his performances and attitude in 4-man back line, are enigma. And if there is a tempting offer on the table it should be at least conidered. He won't be any better than he was under Conte, he is 27 years old, it may be last chance to sell him for serious money.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
One CB will have to come out...but at the same time how long will Barzagli be at his best? So we need to think of the near future also.

Sacrificing Bonucci is ok provided we bring in some better. Is this defender better? I don't think so.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
4 man defense:
Evra - Chiellini - Barzagli - Licht
Ogbonna - Bonucci - Manolas - Caceres

3 man defense:
Chiellini - Bonucci - Barzagli
Ogbonna - Manolas - Caceres

theoretically, we dont have to sell anyone even if we buy another CB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)