Kostas Manolas - CB - Roma (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Marotta when finalizing negotiations bringing Rubinho with him and saying " I can give you this guy also, he can carry your bags " and then a big smile of his :beppe:

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
GDM :

Juventus are Pursuing Kostas Manolas, he is their target for the defense. They are trying to reach an agreement with Olympiakos.

Juventus are working on a lower fee Compared to the rumored € 15M and they are looking to pay the figure in two years and includes a percentage of a future sale in the deal.

The right price could be € 11M, at the moment Olympiakos do not like the Juventus players tried to give them in exchange. But Juventus keep pushing, they want Manolas.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Is this Manolas guy good or not?

I've read he's strong, fast and young, decent height (1.90), the adequate profile for our defense, which is getting more and more old and slow.

But how is his positioning, antecipation, concentration? I don't really care about his passing, as long as he is a solid defender.

If he has these characteristics and is solid... I'd be good for a 12M deal. Marotta is right on that, our defense need someone else to cut in. Cheillini is by no means a WC defender for sometime now, when he is playing well he is a monster, but he has been kind of irregular. Barzagli is getting older, we can't really trust Bonucci in a 4men defense, Ogbonna is a gamble.. we definitely should look for a new young and fast guy to come in.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #193
    From what I saw, good header, solid marking and fast. Positioning so-so.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    My boss who is Greek (knowledgeable of greek footie in general) and knows him well says he is not fast at all, but has decent promising talent, ok positioning/reading of the game. But that he is not ready for top football, not worth this kind of money yet and needs to be groomed couple of seasons and be tactically developed well before being ready, says its better for him to go Italian/south european footie teams then EPL one where all the space of the latter would show his limitaitons more.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #195
    but I saw him catch up some black dude in some game I don,t remember. :numnum:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)