Juve, Really Sell Camoranesi???? (9 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
Dominic said:
No, just no. Ronaldo is faster yes, but's about all Ronaldo has; speed. He can't pass nor cross very well, let alone on a consistent level. Camo is very better technically as well. Camoranesi despite his small size, has good heading as well. Though that is really quite unimportant for a winger . Camoranesi is more of an offensive midfielder than a standard winger also. Making space for other attackers, Ronaldo? That guy is so green when it comes to tactical play and add to that he is as selfish as they come. Cristiano Ronaldo would only burden the team, such as an off-form Ibra does, with nonsensical tricks and ball hogging. On an off-day Camoranesi still contributes positively.
Why is it that everyone hates on Ronaldo for his "tricks"? A lot of players started out the way that he did, trying too many step overs and fancy shit like that. Figo for one, Henry for another. As he matures, he'll know more when to use his footskills, and when to pass. He's already doing it in Manchester. Furthermore, Ronaldo will create space because he's fast and dangerous offensively. He can and will shoot, and he's got great shooting ability.

On an off day, Camo does absolutely nothing. He doesn't make good runs and when he gets the ball, he's either tackled, passes it away, or squares it to the middle. It's like having Tacchinardi on the wing...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Ian said:
Why is it that everyone hates on Ronaldo for his "tricks"? A lot of players started out the way that he did, trying too many step overs and fancy shit like that. Figo for one, Henry for another. As he matures, he'll know more when to use his footskills, and when to pass. He's already doing it in Manchester. Furthermore, Ronaldo will create space because he's fast and dangerous offensively. He can and will shoot, and he's got great shooting ability.

On an off day, Camo does absolutely nothing. He doesn't make good runs and when he gets the ball, he's either tackled, passes it away, or squares it to the middle. It's like having Tacchinardi on the wing...
Everyone hates Ronaldo for his tricks, because those tricks are useless and frustrating to watch. Figo at Ronaldo's age was way better, much more technically gifted and much more overall skills. Ronaldo hasn't even been used that regularly for Manchester this season, nor do I see much or any improvement compared to his last season. Sure he has a good game every 20 matches, but so did Baiocco.

I'd prefer Tacchinardi on our wing to Cristiano Ronaldo, to be honest. Though it isn't true what you're saying about Camoranesi.

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
Mauro Camo Is the best..... at the moment for juve.... he's not that fast, but he can beat opponents and lay good crosses... and he likes to slink on the inside too.

C Ronaldo for me is just another show pony. Marchionni is be better suited for Juve... if we're talking bout replacing camo.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Camoranesi should be given the role Lippi gave him against Germany. And Del Piero should start.

I would play Trezeguet and Zalayeta up front as well.

Buffon
Zambrotta Thuram Cannavaro Balzaretti
Emerson Vieira
Camoranesi Del Piero
Trezeguet Zalayeta

That would be hottness.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Juve_Kosova said:
I dont miss Lippi at all! as Juve did NOT play like Italy.. ever..!!

Capello should stay here for now!
Yes they did. But I am with you Capello should stay he is doing great.
Lippi's formations are more creative than Capello's. Personal opinion ofcourse.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Jeeks said:
Camoranesi should be given the role Lippi gave him against Germany. And Del Piero should start.

I would play Trezeguet and Zalayeta up front as well.

Buffon
Zambrotta Thuram Cannavaro Balzaretti
Emerson Vieira
Camoranesi Del Piero
Trezeguet Zalayeta

That would be hottness.
Mutu instead of Zalayeta, and you have my perfect formation.

Jul 12, 2002
Dominic said:
Everyone hates Ronaldo for his tricks, because those tricks are useless and frustrating to watch. Figo at Ronaldo's age was way better, much more technically gifted and much more overall skills. Ronaldo hasn't even been used that regularly for Manchester this season, nor do I see much or any improvement compared to his last season. Sure he has a good game every 20 matches, but so did Baiocco.
Ronaldo played 26 games this season, so far. Not playing regularly? And if you don't see him improving then, you're not watching him. As much as I may not like Sir Alex, he's a terrific manager, and he sees Ronaldo's improvement...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
He has very oftn started from the bench in those 26 games. I do not think he's improving really.

... Let's just agree to disagree.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I really doubt we will buy C.Ronaldo
and though he is more mature than ever i still think he isnt on Camo's level yet,
but Camo is growing older and Ronaldo is growing better,
maybe next year,
this year we need a Nedved replacement,
its easy to underestimate our players now
and admire the others teams players in their good moments,
when they will finally retire we will all see what we really had,
Camo and Neddy are very very valuable players...

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
Every now and then Camo churns out some really tepid perfomances,but seeing him against Germany on wednesday and remembering his perfomance during the 2nd leg of last year's Champs league quarter final game against Madrid shows u his claa and quality.
Camo IS a good winger,but is at his best given a free role in the middle of the park.Place him there,start him up,wind him up and watch him go................................!!!!!!
C.Ronaldo is okay but at the mo,he has nothing on Camo!!!

Feb 28, 2006
well, I think camo has a good technique and does very well on coach's tactic. The first year that he came to Juve, there was no place for zambo and zambo had to move to another role when he came back from injure. BUT that was may be 4 years ago. May be his leaving will make it easy to either put zambo back to his position or introduce marco's debut. Anyway, I don't want to see any of our worriers move to any clubs. May be it's time for him to sit on the bench.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
individually,camo is better.juventus depend on team work like a well oiled machine.ronaldo would be more suited to a team that relies on individual brilliance for eg barcelona.

as for neddy's replacement.only one word.

vicente.

Camoranesi16

Jul 23, 2005
Ok... Ive been reading the "Camo Vs Ronaldo" issue and here is my contribution..

First of all.. I dont know how "in to" football you guys are.. but it seams as you like the game without realy understanding it....

out of 100 Coaches in the world 95 would aggree with dominics post and Ill tell you why...

1. Technicaly, Ronaldo is nothing to Camoranesi. As I live in the UK and follow the EPL I've seen so many balls pushed over the line, so many passes go to waste and not at all alot of "effective" dribbling by Ronaldo.

Camoranesi is a very wise player who very seldom wastes the ball to throw ins to the opponent and at his worst at least gets Juve 5-6 offensive freekicks per game.

2. Football is NOT AT ALL about Technic!!!! It is mainly, up to 80% Tactical knowledge. and in a Wingers case, its about movement..

If you watch the way Camo moves when the ball is on the rigt, you will see how much easier he makes it for the rest of the team. When it comes to movement, not many can compare.

Whilst if u take a look at Ronaldos movement its, run forward, if you dont get it run back.. now...... run forward... damn.... run back..... etc....
He is very easy to read for a defender.

3. Crosses... dont even get me started.... Look at the Assist League and then come and speak to me....

4. Saying that Ronaldo is young is a bad excuse... When was the last time a 21 year old won the CL for his league? Raul?... sorry but Ronaldo is no Raul!

So for you guys that think that Ronaldo is better than Camoranesi.
1. Either you dont follow the EPL!
2. You like and think you understand the game... but you realy dont.

Camoranesi can hardly be compared to Robben, Jouaquin or Vicente...

For you guys who saw ITALY - GERMANY... how many interviews did you see with Camo after the game?
How many video clips of his skills did you find on te net?
How many minutes did the TV studio spend on talking about Camoranesi??

Now compare that to the Coverege and attention that for example Jouaquin, C.Ronaldo, Rhonaldinho or Robben gets... and then tell me why people consider them to be better!!

And lets say "The grass is always greener on the other side"

(This post has got nothing to do with Camo being my favourite player.. this is plaily the way it is. Media is washing your brains =P )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)