Juve mercato 08-09 vote: The Final Frontier (1 Viewer)

Juve mercato 08-09 vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

-Tom

Nov 16, 2004
I voted 6.

+ A decent backup-keeper, at last!
+ Some young players who might actually help us (Giovinco, Marchisio, De Ceglie..)
+ To get Mellberg on a free transfer is not a bad signing, even if I would have hoped for him to be a backup-CD.
+ Iago: A non-typical transfer for Juve and one, that Ranieri can be held responsible for. Me like. :D

- No real reinforcements where they are needed: RB and LB are still our weak spots, even if we'll have to wait how De Ceglie is doing back there. He MUST be an improvement to Molinaro, IMO.
The central midfield has improved on bloodhounds, but we still lack creativity from there so much, that it actually hurts.

- We spent an awful lot of money for the one position, where we are "well hung": The attack. Amauri is a very good striker, no doubt. But I think it would have been wise to use that kind of money on improving the (obvious) weak spots in the squad.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I voted 7, as Poulsen is a good signing. Amauri wasn't nessarily needed though.
I disagree that we didn't need another striker, we play CL, serieA, Coppa Italia and with an aging DP, Iaquinta who isn't a true finisher and Trez, we definately could use an extra striker upfront.

I agree with others that we should have reinforced our backline with quality instead of adding quantity. but like I already said, a 7 for me.

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005

Our transfers are: Amauri, Melberg, Poulsen, Knezevic, Ekdal, Manninger and Iago!
Giovinco, De Celige and Marchisio was our players, we just bring them back and also they are Moggi and bettega era productions!

. Amauri... We paid very much, He is good but best option was Huntelaar! (7)
. Poulsen ... was 4th option after Diego, Aquilani, Alonso (4)
. Melberg ..... Not too bad and Not too Good (5)
. Knezevic .... Worst transfer (2)
. Ekdal ... is good and has a bright future (6)
. Manninger ..... Just average (4)
. Iago .... I don't know about him.

so average is 7+4+5+2+6+4=28 ----> 28/6=4.6

And 1.4 for not selling Palladino and Cristico and other young guns permanently and also renewing Chiellini, Nedved and Keeping Iaquinta!

so 4.6 + 1.4 = 6

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I vote a 6.

Why we needed to sign Amauri is beyond me. But he's a good signing none the less. With 3 fronts to aim for we do need the most number of people in each position. Mellberg was free hence good business. Poulsen is a good player, even though not exactly what we needed. A good back up goal keeper was a priority and Manninger will do justice i feel... Not including Giovinco as part of Amauri deal is an achievement in itself... and the Tiago and Almiron debacle didn't happen all over again for which I'm certainly relieved... Defence need major signings in the January window... But most of the better ones maybe cup tied by then, at least we can use them in the league...

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007

Our transfers are: Amauri, Melberg, Poulsen, Knezevic, Ekdal, Manninger and Iago!
Giovinco, De Celige and Marchisio was our players, we just bring them back and also they are Moggi and bettega era productions!

. Amauri... We paid very much, He is good but best option was Huntelaar! (7)
. Poulsen ... was 4th option after Diego, Aquilani, Alonso (4)
. Melberg ..... Not too bad and Not too Good (5)
. Knezevic .... Worst transfer (2)
. Ekdal ... is good and has a bright future (6)
. Manninger ..... Just average (4)
. Iago .... I don't know about him.

so average is 7+4+5+2+6+4=27 ----> 28/6=4.6

And 1.4 for not selling Palladino and Cristico and other young guns permanently and also renewing Chiellini, Nedved and Keeping Iaquinta!

so 4.6 + 1.4 = 6
When will people realize that Diego wan't an option at all?Poulsen wasn't the 2nd,3rd or 4th option,we could've bought Xabi as we had the money but Ranieri went for Poulsen at the end which makes him the 1st option.

Now tell me how the fook is Knezevic the worst transfer?He costs us basically nothing and looked good in the pre-season.How do you even rate him?Did you watch Livorno's last season?

Manninger is a very solid back-up keeper.Did you expect us to sign Akinfeev as the 2nd keeper?

BTW I find it highly amusing how some people rate the players with their calculations(2,78+8,38/2):lol:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
can someone please make a list of 5 CBs they think are realistic options?

keep in mind that you want this guy to be Chiellini's partner...and please be real, don't say Puyol Vidic Terry etc...

Durden

May 11, 2006
We bought good players in Amauri and Poulsen, but we needed a playmaker in midfield and a WC CB, LB and RB. We didn't get any of that so its a 5 from me.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
:agree: Corluka should have been bought at all cost.

also we could buy Santacroce from Brescia.Napoli bought him for peanuts.That was Secco's second blunder after Hamsik incident.
yea Santacroce definitely, really like that guy...we will have to pay shitloads if Napoli do decide to sell, but he is really impressive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)