Jorge Martínez (12 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
icεmαή;2713764 said:
I think Del Neri would play Quag and IQ in that position before Martinez... I think he could be good in that position, but we'll probably not get a chance to see it...
IMO Yak makes for a weak SS. Quagliarella deserves a shot but DN shouldn't count out Martinez.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I also thin he was good, not spectacular but good. But also as many mentioned here, he is not winger and is played out of position. I think he have all the qualities to be a good SS

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
you must have been watching an Aberdeen game, you think Bonucci did well too.
What exactly do you think Martinez should have done in this game?

He worked hard and retained possession.

The way the game went, he was never going to be able to make an impact going forward.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Jorge Martinez kicks ass. We overpaid for him, but I am damn glad he is in our team. When this boy comes good, Massimo Moratti will be back to fixing matches.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
This guy is good. If you watch the game again, you'll notice that he got the better of City defenders on a number of occasions in the first half. He has good ball control and a solid passing game. He's clearly being played out of position, we can all see it. . A typical winger is someone like Krasic. Martinez is nothing like that. He doesn't have the speed or the quickness to pull it off. I can see him play alongside Quag or IQ.

I won't judge his performance against City because he's just returned from injury. I think we need to see at least 3 or 4 more game from him before we can really judge him. Preferably as a S.S.
Like this post and the one written by Red about how he manage to track back and support DC.. Well said.. Martinez is ain't Krasic but people want him to be like Krasic and run with pace and send a lot of good crosses.. He never be that kind of winger in the past and never be like that.. Every player has different qualities and we don't know what Marotta and DN plan by buying this guy.. Might be this all about balance, and why we loan Traore (a LB that Fred said has just good pace as LB)

He tidy in possession and like most of you said more suitable in SS, but although we sell Diego and has Martinez already signed, DN and Marotta sign Quag for SS not look for a LW.. So i assume he definitely won't play as SS..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)