Jorge Martínez (3 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Speech? What speech? I understand the need to be optimist about this guy, but he seems like a waste, especially at 13 million euro. We might as well flushed them down the toilet especially when compared to Krasic who we got for 15.
You know, the speech that makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about. There is no need to be optimist about this guy because I know what he is capable of and what he isn't. You know, I actually watched this guy's performances with Catania for starters. I do really hope you're not basing your opinion on the 3/4 matches he played with us so far for your argument's sake.

Lets wait and see yes, but tbh this far he has been awful.
No he hasn't. But I do understand your frustration these days Suns, seeing Giovinco injured, not being able to fulfill his task of saving Italian football.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
No he hasn't. But I do understand your frustration these days Suns, seeing Giovinco injured, not being able to fulfill his task of saving Italian football.
According to me, its just my opinion on the matter and I think he has been really bad so far.

And this has nothing to do with Giovinco and I don't care about Italian football.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
According to me, its just my opinion on the matter and I think he has been really bad so far.

And this has nothing to do with Giovinco and I don't care about Italian football.
Your opinion on what basis? His few matches he played for us?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Your opinion on what basis? His few matches he played for us?
Yes! Based on the few games he has played so far I think he has been bad. I never said he was a bad player but just that he has been bad so far. But as I said before, lets wait and see what he can perform.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
man i wished martinez was called to the uruguay team,so i would have a reason to watch uruguay play a friendly against Indonesia..theres still caceres,an ex juve player..

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
Yeah, we should have flushed the money down the toilet :lol2: He has been absolutely shit in his Juventus career.

I mean, fuck, is this serious?
When even Pepe has had better performances than him, then yeah, I'd say he's wasted money. I'm not sure why Catania's performances are that relevant, he's a Juve player now, and I care how he performs for us and in a high pressure environment, not how he does for a mid to low table team.

Klin

I also used the words SO FAR, which means that if he improves then I'll change my mind. That doesn't change that the few games he has played for us he has been anonymous at best.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Klin

I also used the words SO FAR, which means that if he improves then I'll change my mind. That doesn't change that the few games he has played for us he has been anonymous at best.
At this point in time, it's useless to judge a player as "shit", even when considering this same player has had few chances to prove himself and when he did play he was even played out of position.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
At this point in time, it's useless to judge a player as "shit", even when considering this same player has had few chances to prove himself and when he did play he was even played out of position.
Why was he bought? In the future he might come handy, but for our current team he was an unreasonable choice.

He definitely isn't a winger, he never was. Especially not for a 4-4-2 formation. He can easily play on the left side of a 4-3-3, but that's something we won't be playing this year.
He can also play as a support striker, but there he has two players ahead of him in the pecking order.

Then you have the injury that didn't seem to be taken into consideration when we bought him. I kinda followed him because he was bringing good amount of points in the yahoo fantasy game :)D) and for 3 years running he was missing a month or two due to injuries. Last year he couldn't get rid of one injury. He played, got injured, missed 3-4 matches, got back and played as a sub on a couple of matches, then 3-4 as a regular, and got the same injury again. He missed 1/3 of the season and the WC due to that injury and in Juve he still struggles with it (I think he was twice injured already, missed 2 matches and became available again).

Not a logical transfer, without even mentioning the money we paid.

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
man i wished martinez was called to the uruguay team,so i would have a reason to watch uruguay play a friendly against Indonesia..theres still caceres,an ex juve player..

Martinez will get a warm welcome if he called up..as i am an indonesian:p forza indonesia and juventus!

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Why was he bought? In the future he might come handy, but for our current team he was an unreasonable choice.

He definitely isn't a winger, he never was. Especially not for a 4-4-2 formation. He can easily play on the left side of a 4-3-3, but that's something we won't be playing this year.
He can also play as a support striker, but there he has two players ahead of him in the pecking order.

Then you have the injury that didn't seem to be taken into consideration when we bought him. I kinda followed him because he was bringing good amount of points in the yahoo fantasy game :)D) and for 3 years running he was missing a month or two due to injuries. Last year he couldn't get rid of one injury. He played, got injured, missed 3-4 matches, got back and played as a sub on a couple of matches, then 3-4 as a regular, and got the same injury again. He missed 1/3 of the season and the WC due to that injury and in Juve he still struggles with it (I think he was twice injured already, missed 2 matches and became available again).

I was pointing out that the player himself isn't as bad as people are claiming him to be. I have my concerns about his transfer like most of us here, altough it's not his fault our management bought him to play as a winger in a 4-4-2.

May 22, 2007
When even Pepe has had better performances than him, then yeah, I'd say he's wasted money. I'm not sure why Catania's performances are that relevant, he's a Juve player now, and I care how he performs for us and in a high pressure environment, not how he does for a mid to low table team.
"even Pepe"

That doesn't even make any sense. Pepe has been performing rather well for this team, whether he has a reputation from the majority here as being a rubbish player or not. You should start to ignore what he did at Udinese and care about how he performs for us in a high pressure environment, not how he does for a mid to low table team.

And I maintain that I thought Martínez was quite good against Man City, for someone recently recovering from an injury adjusting to a new team.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
I was pointing out that the player himself isn't as bad as people are claiming him to be. I have my concerns about his transfer like most of us here, altough it's not his fault our management bought him to play as a winger in a 4-4-2.
:tup:

You are addicted to fantasy games Alen.:D

cublinks

Apr 8, 2008
Indonesia 1 - 7 Uruguay, i was ecstatic when we scored first through boaz, but in the end it proves boaz strike was only a false hope, indonesian NT still sucks...

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
Im Indonesian but live in Singapore :jvefan:
:jvefan:

Indonesia 1 - 7 Uruguay, i was ecstatic when we scored first through boaz, but in the end it proves boaz strike was only a false hope, indonesian NT still sucks...
NURDIN TURUN ... NURDIN TURUN :D

btw , Tabarez should give Martinez a chance to play with Suarez and i hope he can convince Suarez to come here :scarf:

cublinks

Apr 8, 2008
:jvefan:

NURDIN TURUN ... NURDIN TURUN :D

btw , Tabarez should give Martinez a chance to play with Suarez and i hope he can convince Suarez to come here :scarf:
we bought martinez just to convince suarez to join us... after we get suarez, then we should get rid of martinez because he is no more useful :D

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Its not logical that we sold Diego for few million euro more than what we bought Martinez for ... the blame is not on Martinez, its on Marotta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)