Jean-Claude Blanc Thread (8 Viewers)

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
England's Baldini to Juve?

Saturday 20 March, 2010

It is reported that Juventus will revamp next season with the introduction of a director general, possibly England’s Franco Baldini.
The club is in turmoil after the shock Europa League exit to Fulham and the slide down to fifth place in Serie A.

Currently the Bianconeri have only one figure acting as both President and general manager, Jean-Claude Blanc (pictured), assisted by director Alessio Secco.

It is reported in Tuttosport this morning that for the first time since Luciano Moggi was removed in the Calciopoli scandal, Juve will employ a director general.

The favourite is Sampdoria’s Beppe Marotta, who has repeatedly denied he will leave Marassi.

Another intriguing alternative is current England team manager Baldini, who has followed ex-Juventus Coach Fabio Capello to the FA.

Baldini was employed as a director of sport at Roma, including the years when Capello was on the bench, from 1999 to 2005.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
apart from Bettega the whole board can go...now...don't let the door hit you on teh ass as you leave
since he has been back i haven't really seen anything so far to suggest he is any beter than the current board!

like i questioned before...everbody who is here championing him as the saviour i would like to ask what was his input during the triade era that makes u think the decisons made were due to his footballing prowess and were not that solely of moggi & giraudo?

u have no idea what his real input was and think that just because he was part of the triade he knows a lot about football. The football brains in that operation was moggi!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
since he has been back i haven't really seen anything so far to suggest he is any beter than the current board!

like i questioned before...everbody who is here championing him as the saviour i would like to ask what was his input during the triade era that makes u think the decisons made were due to his footballing prowess and were not that solely of moggi & giraudo?

u have no idea what his real input was and think that just because he was part of the triade he knows a lot about football. The football brains in that operation was moggi!
Exactly, he hasn't done a damn thing to help and he probably never did anything back then either.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I don't know if you can really trust Blanc, a man that takes credit for other peoples work, everything good that has happened to our club since 2006 was stated by the Triad, the new stadium and the youth department which are the only to positives was all done prior to Blanc
Our current stadium project is not the one that was started by Moggi & co. The triad's plan was scrapped shortly after our demotion.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I don't know if you can really trust Blanc, a man that takes credit for other peoples work, everything good that has happened to our club since 2006 was stated by the Triad, the new stadium and the youth department which are the only to positives was all done prior to Blanc
The stadium plan under Blanc is different from the 1 proposed by the Triad.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Well, what exactly did you expect him to do in these less than 3 months?

Now, we really don't know what's Bettega's role exactly, just like we don't know what was he exactly doing in Moggi time. The only inside (well, kind of an inside) we got were the words of Trezeguet's agent who said that Bettega was behind almost every good transfer in Moggi's era while the others (Moggi) were bringing Uruguayans to Juve. Trezeguet's agent was co-operating with the triade and it's logical to assume that he knows who was behind the transfers. Trezguet was probably brought by Bettega and i'm guessing more of Trez's agent's clients too + many others.
Also, the bare fact that Bettega was part of the triade should mean that he was very good at his job.

So, as far as I know, Secco was still doing the transfers this winter. But even if Bettega was supposed to do the transfers, have in mind that our transfer budget was probably 0 and also there wasn't enough time to make the good deals. The fact that it was a winter mercato made it even harder to bring good players in the middle of the season.

What i'll say is just hopeful thinking: With 6 months given to Bettega (January-June) he might be working on summer transfers. He will have more than enough time. If Bettega did prove himself in the past as a transfer guru, then we should expect some good things this summer.

P.S: Also, Bettega most probably has much better connections in the football world than Blanc and Secco. He is in football for years, he made business with owners, directors etc of other clubs and he's surely more influental person than Blanc and Secco. That alone gives me hope that things will be better from next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)