[ITA] Serie A 2014/2015 (8 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Benitez has wasted too much money on scrubs, as he always does. He's a great cup coach and tactician but he has always been poor with transfers.
I'd be interested to know exactly where the power lies in terms of Napoli's transfers.

They could get away with signing mediocre players if those mediocre players were appropriate for the team/squad in terms of playing style, but they have put together a horribly unbalanced team/squad.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
'Berlusconi’s words? No comment’
By Football Italia staff

Pippo Inzaghi has deflected criticism from Silvio Berlusconi and made clear that Milan are only focused on their next game, against Empoli.

The Rossoneri head into the midweek Tuscany off the back of a 1-0 defeat to Juventus in Week 3, after which owner and President Berlusconi briefly criticised their performance.

For his Coach, however, it is not a point of focus for anyone to take ahead of tomorrow evening’s Week 4 test.

“I will not comment on his words. I was the first who wanted to give him a win,” Inzaghi has answered to reporters today.

"We spoke on the telephone after lunch, he is pleased with what we did, and positive. He gave us the usual motivation to do well.

“We played a great game, with a spirit of sacrifice against a team who can do well even in the Champions League.

“All of us wanted to spend the 90 minutes in Juventus’ area, but it also depends on the strength of the opponent.

“They had five shots at goal, we had three, perhaps they had the better possession, but we are a team in construction.

“They scored with a great move by Tevez and won just 20 minutes from the end, and we could have equalised with the penalty that was there but that was not give.

“Now, what is important is tomorrow’s game. I have a good squad, now our thoughts are to Empoli.”

Tomorrow’s game is away to the newly-promoted side, who have impressed in their opening games but only have the one point to their name.

“They have played three good games. We expect a tough match. In Udine they deserved to take the lead.

“I saw their game on Saturday - they had the game in hand for 85 minutes. And they are well organised - this will be a tricky game.

“They did well against Roma and if a team does well against them then you can say they have value.

“They know how to play football and in their ground they can do well. However, we are Milan and we must continue along our positive path.”

The Rossoneri face a favourable run of games in the coming rounds, but their Coach is not counting up the points just yet.

“Now I have to think about Empoli, not the others. Having six points after three games is a good result, with good performances.

“We are a developing team that has to find its confidence. Tomorrow it will be important to play well. The boys are motivated and tomorrow I am sure there will be the right spirit.

“The line-up? I have tried something this morning but I still do not have a clear idea about who has recovered, there are no certainties.

“Tomorrow there will be a further assessment and I will understand things better then. It is difficult early on to play three games in a week in this League.

“Saturday we exerted a great deal from a mental point of view, and next Sunday we will be back on the field again.

“There are some players who are likely fresher than others. Those who rested on Saturday may provide good indications for tomorrow.”

Speculation is that Fernando Torres may start, whilst Marco van Ginkel could also feature.

“They are fine. Fernando has recovered - he could not get 90 minutes into the legs, though. Now he seems ready, I will assess how to use him.

“Van Ginkel is doing well, he seems ready. Let’s see if in his case he will be ready to feature from the start or not.”

Inzaghi was asked once more about using Torres this season.

“I have seven strikers, do not forget Niang and Pazzini, I am spoilt for choice. I have to think about where we are, game by game I will assess their deployment better.

“We have the best attack in the League, we need to use all the arrows in our bow. Torres has a great presence in the area, I will see how to use him.”
First cracks in this Inzaghi-Berlusconi relationship. It happened faster than I thought. Inzaghi has to be an absolute servant if he wants to keep his job. This is just sad for Milan

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Berlusconi must be the most delusional Milan fan, how can he even dream of top 3 place with that ridiculous team. He must still be living in 1990.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
De Rossi doubt for City, Juve
By Football Italia staff

There is concern at Roma that Daniele De Rossi may be the latest to face a spell on the sidelines, with a calf injury.

The midfielder is reported by Il Messaggero as set for tests during the course of today and tomorrow on a muscular injury that saw him withdrawn during the closing stages of the Giallorossi’s 2-0 win over Cagliari.

It is hypothesised that De Rossi will certainly miss the midweek match with Parma, but that in the case of a strain to what is suspected to be his calf, he could be facing up to 15 days out.

This would rule the vice-captain out of upcoming clashes with Manchester City and Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)