[ITA] Serie A 2014/2015 (9 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No doubt.

Selling Fernandez without signing a good replacement and bringing back Gargano to replace Behrami leaves Napoli looking weaker than they did last season.

Add to that losing Reina and it's easy to see why they are struggling with an unbalanced squad that doesn't have the quality in key areas to disguise the lack of balance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
One could say, what they did was make their problems even worse
I remember at the beginning of last season, people were rating them so highly after they got Benitez as coach and Higuain as their Cavani replacement. But their defence was always an issue, especially Rafa using a 4 man backline with two mediocre WBs and average dross like Britos and Albiol. Now, their defence is even worse. De Laurentiis is a fucking clown, he is starting to destroy all the fairly good work he had done over the last 9-10 years. I can see Napoli having to sell most of their top players when they inevitably keep missing out on the CL.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I remember at the beginning of last season, people were rating them so highly after they got Benitez as coach and Higuain as their Cavani replacement. But their defence was always an issue, especially Rafa using a 4 man backline with two mediocre WBs and average dross like Britos and Albiol. Now, their defence is even worse. De Laurentiis is a fucking clown, he is starting to destroy all the fairly good work he had done over the last 9-10 years. I can see Napoli having to sell most of their top players when they inevitably keep missing out on the CL.
I didn't really criticise them for having an unbalanced squad last season because I thought they'd have an awkward transitional season moving to 4-2-3-1 after years of Mazzarri's 3-5-2 and it would have been a lot to expect them to manage to overhaul the squad in just one summer.

But that lack of criticism was on the assumption that they would have fixed those glaring issues this last summer and certainly not weakened themselves in areas where they already weren't strong.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Agree, and like you said the sales of Behrami and to a lesser extent Dzemaili, have really hurt them in midfield as well.

I also don't think Hamsik has been the same under Rafa and this current system. It's just not clicking at all, and now a lot of the enthusiasm is gone after they missed out on the CL. I can see him, Higuain and Mertens wanting out if they finish outside the top 3 (which they will IMO)

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
boy does torres look like damaged goods
Yep, even though I feel he might do good for milan if he find his feet. defenders in this league don't usually deal with alota technical strikers. plus low risk for milan on a two season long loan.
Of course depending on the state of milan, he could just continue to be cack.

----

I transferred Abbiati in on fantasy for this week. genius! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)