[ITA] Serie A 2013/2014 (1 Viewer)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Great news for Serie A today. This is exactly what the league needs. Hopefully the others follow as well.

I'm still happy with our 42K stadium, its beautiful, always full and its always a crazy atmosphere. I don't think Roma will sell out their 50K+ stadium week in and week out.

- - - Updated - - -

That's so sweet how its inspired and modelled after the Colosseum.

Joga Bonito

Jul 28, 2010
Their stadium overall looks good and it is a fun detail the way the players enters the stadium. That being said, i like the design of Juve stadium at lot more! It looks like the crowd at the Colesseum is a lot more spread unlike our stadium, so i wonder how it will effect their atmosphere?

Is there anybody who know how their matchday revenue will be compared to ours? (if we include money form the continassa project)

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #17,448
    Their stadium overall looks good and it is a fun detail the way the players enters the stadium. That being said, i like the design of Juve stadium at lot more! It looks like the crowd at the Colesseum is a lot more spread unlike our stadium, so i wonder how it will effect their atmosphere?

Is there anybody who know how their matchday revenue will be compared to ours? (if we include money form the continassa project)
    I don't think it's spread more than ours, it just has more seats so it looks differently. Dan Meis said that Roma's stand will take a different angle and give unique experience in that regard, he said they'll be given a different view and chanting will be louder as they are standing closer to the line I think.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    AS Roma is insanely marketable... I'm actually surprised they've been shit for most of history.
    I think the Italian-American owners now will market Roma properly. I mean they struck a deal with Disney last year.

Roma can only go up from here.

Joga Bonito

Jul 28, 2010
    I don't think it's spread more than ours, it just has more seats so it looks differently. Dan Meis said that Roma's stand will take a different angle and give unique experience in that regard, he said they'll be given a different view and chanting will be louder as they are standing closer to the line I think.
    But at one end the grand stand isnt connected to rest of the stadium, wouldn't that have some sort of impact?

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #17,452
    I think the Italian-American owners now will market Roma properly. I mean they struck a deal with Disney last year.

Roma can only go up from here.
    Yeah, they are mostly focused on marketing at the moment and they look fine with it.

But at one end the grand stand isnt connected to rest of the stadium, wouldn't that have some sort of impact?
    I really don't know but I highly doubt anything 'bad' will come out from this project. The amount given for it and Dan Meis can only be a guarantee success IMO.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    If Roma can hold their key players this summer (especially Benatia, Pjanic), which will be hard enough, and maybe add a strong striker à la Manduikic, they're defenitely a force to be reckoned with next season. If a team can break our Italian dominance, that team is without a doubt Roma.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #17,454
    If Roma can hold their key players this summer (especially Benatia, Pjanic), which will be hard enough, and maybe add a strong striker à la Manduikic, they're defenitely a force to be reckoned with next season. If a team can break our Italian dominance, that team is without a doubt Roma.
    I highly doubt they will keep both. Pjanic will most likely end up at PSG in the summer. Benatia is simply too good, I think every major club will bid for him.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    AS Roma is insanely marketable... I'm actually surprised they've been shit for most of history.
    I strongly agree with this.

If they get that stadium going trough, and make good management decisions, they should become the main challenger to juventus.

Inter and Milan made big times, but that was mainly Berlusconi and Moratti's cash building a team, and the richer region they are located in.
    However, Roma is the capital, and not inferior to milan. not anymore

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    I highly doubt they will keep both. Pjanic will most likely end up at PSG in the summer. Benatia is simply too good, I think every major club will bid for him.
    True, I'm actually still gutted as hell that we didn't get Benatia last summer, I loved him at Udinese already.

Do you perhaps how far Romas owners are able to back them financially? Do they need to sell their players if they demand wages too high or a great offer comes along, also in regard to their new stadium?

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    Juventus and Roma are definitely looking like Serie A's only saving grace right now. Best run clubs by far, and the results show that.

In a couple years, I think that Juve and Roma will be the only real quality representatives of Serie A in Europe.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #17,458
    True, I'm actually still gutted as hell that we didn't get Benatia last summer, I loved him at Udinese already.

Do you perhaps how far Romas owners are able to back them financially? Do they need to sell their players if they demand wages too high or a great offer comes along, also in regard to their new stadium?
    Yeah, Benatia is one of my favorite CBs around. He has everything one needs to be amazing. I still can't believe they bought him for peanuts, that was crazy.

Nope, I didn't hear anything of a financial background regarding new season/stadium. I think this is not going to be a Sensi period when they sell their best players and later buy crappy ones as a replacement, or nobody. If they sell some of those players you can be sure it's going to plenty of money going Roma's way as the offer will be hard to refuse (I expect Manchester, Barca and a couple more clubs to bid hard for Benatia while PSG will most likely either offer 25mln or money + Pastore for Pjanic). Also, I think Sabatini will do make sure to invest that wisely like he did so far. Looking at them I'd say they are moving quite well and their plans surely indicate at big future. You can see great marketing and scouting for the last 2 years, even this January they bought plenty of kids with huge potential.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Juventus and Roma are definitely looking like Serie A's only saving grace right now. Best run clubs by far, and the results show that.

In a couple years, I think that Juve and Roma will be the only real quality representatives of Serie A in Europe.
    To be honest I'm very catious with predictions that exceed the next two years in Italian football, no one would have thought that Roma would be this good just a single year ago, same with Juve 3 years ago. Everything considered Roma and Juve are definetely the teams mostl likely to be strong in a few years, but literally everything could happen.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #17,460

I'm worried about our age of (key) players and hopefully we don't fuck up the great things we've done so far.

As for Inter, I have no idea why people mention them. Inter were never a threat, they were a 5th place club that only provided us a big derby, but they were never a Scudetto threat. Milan on the other hand is our biggest rival and seeing them right now I can just facepalm myself, they look rather pathetic. I don't think they can get back on the old track -- unless they sell the club -- which IMO will happen if not this then next summer. If that happens we'll see one competitive Serie A. Napoli and Roma are doing quite well, Fiorentina too to a lesser extent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)