Israeli-Palestinian conflict (41 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't think you understand how the political system in Israel work. Ministers are not a professional appointment, it is a political job that the party who got the ministry In the coalition nebotiation appoint one of it's members.
No vetting unless he has criminal recored, the goverment can't fire him unless his party decide to replace him.

Basically we are stuck with this idiots until next election
The parties in similar democracies usually do some sort of vetting though, because they lose voters if they don't.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
The parties in similar democracies usually do some sort of vetting though, because they lose voters if they don't.

As I explained a page or two back, Bibi and his party has no choice. He can't be a PM if he doesn't make a deal with the devil, the settlers parties in this case. He can't afford to vet anyone, I don't think he ever wished to be in a goverment with this loons, he is still a moderate Liberal right in heart, just sold his soul.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I doubt tomice voted likud, but it's really wild that you can't fire ministers
i meant you in plural. in democracies it's always the masses' responsibility to elect the right politicians and get rid of them if they fail to serve public interest.

not sure about how democratic israel is. if it's impossible then there's nothing to do, right?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
i meant you in plural. in democracies it's always the masses' responsibility to elect the right politicians and get rid of them if they fail to serve public interest.

not sure about how democratic israel is. if it's impossible then there's nothing to do, right?
I got you now, but since they are in a state of war it would be hard to get mass protests going to exert pressure.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
While I agree that many Israeli government officials are downright criminal, it feels a bit disingenuous to not mention that they are facing an adversary that wants them wiped from the Earth.

You can't compare that to Nazi Germany at all.

And yet no one is stopping to question how you reach peace by escalating mutual destruction.

It's getting pretty difficult for either side to resist wanting the wipe the other from the earth at this rate, and that's the root of the growing problem that's merely getting worse for a generation or more to come.

Can't fire him?? Are you serious :D
Well, in Israel it can be like Yitzhak Rabin. Sometimes all it takes is a nut job settler in the West Bank with a gun to change political figures. Hardline Israelis are as dangerous to the lives of government officers as Hamas terrorists.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The motive of the adversary is irrelevant, genocide is genocide. People were hanged in Nuremberg for much less. Also that's an adversary israel helped create and kept alive to push their criminal agenda.
So you also agree that the UN should arrest the leaders of Hamas, PLO, Hezbollah, IRGC, Iran, etc and try them like the Nazis were at Nuremberg? China too for the ethnic cleansing and genocide of Uighurs. Russia for Ukraine.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes, anyone in power who calls for the eradication of a people ought to be brought to justice.
Yes.

:tup:
We’re all in agreement then.

One question is where that line ends though? George W. and his advisors for war crimes with regards to Iraq? The Saudis for what they are doing in Yemen? Qatari leaders for hosting Hamas leaders and giving them a pulpit to preach from? Western leaders for continuing to supply arms that Israel uses for war crimes?

The ICC is pretty much a non-entity when it comes to prosecuting any officials from the major powers. It requires being vanquished in war and then arrested.

And the other question is, if Western and developed nations were to allow their politicians to be prosecuted by the ICC, how are the leaders of terrorist orgs like Hamas, Hezbollah, IRGC to be held accountable without going to war against them? Or bad actors like Iran, Russia, China? Now this doesn’t mean First World War crimes shouldn’t be held to account just because the other guys are doing it too or doing worse… but I think it’s a valid question as to how pariah states and terrorist orgs can be held accountable as well.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
you cant compare them to nazis, true. they are lower than that. nazis never wanted to wipe out mankind from the earth.
No, the Nazis never wanted to wipe anyone out.

Just as long you made sure you were not Jew, communist, social democrat, mentally disabled, gypsy, Russian/other slavs, jehovas witnesses, homosexual and the list goes on.

No plans to wipe anyone of the Earth there if we try to exclude that list.

Jul 2, 2006
No, the Nazis never wanted to wipe anyone out.

Just as long you made sure you were not Jew, communist, social democrat, mentally disabled, gypsy, Russian/other slavs, jehovas witnesses, homosexual and the list goes on.

No plans to wipe anyone of the Earth there if we try to exclude that list.
if everything goes according to their plan, zionazi will wipe everyone out, regardless of them being on that list of yours or not. they dont discriminate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 18)