Israeli-Palestinian conflict (13 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Of course not.

The Nazi party doesn't exist anymore, so you couldn't be a Nazi.

- - - Updated - - -
Was more in response to Gordo. I despise Nazi ideologi where you believe you're superior to others because of skin colour, race, religion etc.

And I have no problem with people from other continents and cultures being here, I have no problem with them having a different skin colour than mine. What I do have as a demand though is that you're not gonna be a menace to your new country and think they should change their way of living and practices just for you. In stead you should do your utmost to learn the language, get an education, job etc. What religion you practice at home in privacy I won't care at all, same with what you eat and not.

I don't give a shit if you're Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, whether you're from Morocco, India, Mexico, Greece, North Korea or Somalia. People are welcome here as long as they have the will and their intentions are good.

Buy on AliExpress.com

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
One more time. Nothing ever happened on Armenian territory. Karabakh/Artsakh has always been internationally recognized as part of Azerbaijan. Doesn't anyone own a map ffs? Armenian territory was never attacked.
Irrespective of whether its internationally recognised or not, Azerbaijan's actions as recently as a month ago were nothing short of genocidal. The military forcibly evicted and displaced over 100,000 ethnic Armenians who had inhabited the region for centuries, after having nearly starved half of them to death from the Lachin Corridor blockade.

Now I'm not arguing that Israel are totally clean of wrongdoings, that was never my point. My argument focuses on the hypocrisy of the muslim outrage in regard to Palestine. If you're going to criticse Israel for human rights abuses, then apply the same energy to what muslim countries are doing to neighbouring non-muslim populations. Because otherwise then it becomes clear that this isn't about the loss of innocent human life, but the loss of muslim life.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Of course not.

The Nazi party doesn't exist anymore, so you couldn't be a Nazi.

- - - Updated - - -

It's even worse. You could say you disagree with some of Israel's politics and you're immediately branded a Hamas supporter.

I'm not even 'pro Palestine' or whatever that is supposed to mean. I can't think of a single Palestinian I've ever met that I liked. And I did meet a few. But to me, as an outsider, this is not about picking sides. Clearly people in Gaza have been suffering. And they have been suffering for decades. And much of that suffering is caused by Israel.

From Wikipedia: "The international community regards all of the Palestinian territories including Gaza as occupied. Human Rights Watch has declared at the UN Human Rights Council that it views Israel as a de facto occupying power in the Gaza Strip, even though Israel has no military or other presence, because the Oslo Accords authorize Israel to control the airspace and the territorial sea.".

Do people realize what this means? That your land is occupied?
Gaza is not occupied, the west Bank is.

HRW has very low credibility regarding this issues
https://web.archive.org/web/2023052...m/2009/10/20/opinion/20bernstein.html?_r=1&em

Strickland

May 17, 2019
well you can, you just have to live with the consequences, obviously a lot of big players are on Israels side.

- - - Updated - - -

c'mon man

- - - Updated - - -

this is super dangerous, western media needs to push back a little bit
why is this even news? the terrorists are terrorists and their ideology and mission isn't a hidden secret. whether Hamas guy had a chemical manual or not in his backpocket doesn't change a thing, no?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Irrespective of whether its internationally recognised or not, Azerbaijan's actions as recently as a month ago were nothing short of genocidal. The military forcibly evicted and displaced over 100,000 ethnic Armenians who had inhabited the region for centuries, after having nearly starved half of them to death from the Lachin Corridor blockade.

Now I'm not arguing that Israel are totally clean of wrongdoings, that was never my point. My argument focuses on the hypocrisy of the muslim outrage in regard to Palestine. If you're going to criticse Israel for human rights abuses, then apply the same energy to what muslim countries are doing to neighbouring non-muslim populations. Because otherwise then it becomes clear that this isn't about the loss of innocent human life, but the loss of muslim life.
Well no one ever gave a fuck about the 700k Azeri's displaced from their own goddamn territory for 30 years. That's hipocricy.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
well you can, you just have to live with the consequences, obviously a lot of big players are on Israels side.

- - - Updated - - -

why is this even news? the terrorists are terrorists and their ideology and mission isn't a hidden secret. whether Hamas guy had a chemical manual or not in his backpocket doesn't change a thing, no?
Of course, you can do anything really, I’m pointing out how saying something that harmless resulted in companies pulling out and causing a stink. The guy did not endorse Hamas or terrorism.

the consequences are way overblown out of proportion and it’s peak cancel culture

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Of course, you can do anything really, I’m pointing out how saying something that harmless resulted in companies pulling out and causing a stink. The guy did not endorse Hamas or terrorism.

the consequences are way overblown out of proportion and it’s peak cancel culture
Nah, this is about terrorism, war crimes, murdered babies, freedom and bombed civilians, stuff that matters.

Peak cancel culture is going on for a couple of years and is about extreme snowflake stuff, this doesnt even get close.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Nah, this is about terrorism, war crimes, murdered babies, freedom and bombed civilians, stuff that matters.

Peak cancel culture is going on for a couple of years and is about extreme snowflake stuff, this doesnt even get close.
below is what the guy said, it’s condemning war crimes regardless of who commits them. Why should there be consequences for that?

"War crimes are war crimes even when committed by allies, and should be called out for what they are," Cosgrave wrote, referring to Israel's wave of attacks on Gaza after the violence committed by Hamas.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Lol.

Are you fucking serious?

The guy said war crimes are war crimes even when they are committed by allies. That's what he said. Have you actually read it? Oh no, I forgot. You're mister numbers man. Go look up some stats.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

Because it gives them permission to do more heinous things to a population if they claim they have chemical weapons, why would they lie in the first place if it means nothing ?

gettyimages-1235977390-8c2a025d1538b9a4be89838c89b91ce8e54a4acc.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_testimony

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Those companies are owned by jews. If anything, they would be the one pressuring governments.
There it is. We agree on something.

It's weird. You know it has to happen at some point. You never disagree with someone all the time. Life is so complex and so profoundly diverse that there is bound to be at least one issue on which you agree. I didn't know beforehand what it would be. I thought we'd agree on something mostly factual. Like how ant feces are small and elephant feces are big. I think we could have had an agreement on that as well. But that's neither here nor there really.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I know Paddy. That event is in my backyard every year.

In case anyone else needed reason to think cancel culture was a self-destructive pogrom...

below is what the guy said, it’s condemning war crimes regardless of who commits them. Why should there be consequences for that?

"War crimes are war crimes even when committed by allies, and should be called out for what they are," Cosgrave wrote, referring to Israel's wave of attacks on Gaza after the violence committed by Hamas.
There is nothing wrong with what he said. The issue was what he didn't say. People are taking the absence of him opening first by condemning the Hamas murders as the equivalent of an endorsement of what Hamas did. That's what's particularly moronic.

When we have people throwing hissy fits, taking their toys and their Big Tech companies away, because they're vilely offended because someone didn't say something, then we're endorsing a system of coerced speech.

Paddy should have been smart enough to know that's how he should have framed it in the first place. But the reaction is as if someone said "Muhammad" without following it up with a "peace be upon him" and that being taken as an anti-Muslim insult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)