Israeli-Palestinian conflict (78 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
And btw the whole "their country has been occupied by Israel" is nonsense. The Palestinians have never had a country and the part of Israel beyond the 67 border belonged to other countries. And if these other countries were really concerned about the Palestinians, they wouldn't keep them living in refugee camps for generations. All they care about is destroying Israel, that's why they started 3 wars against them. If the Arabs weren't so focused on their hatred for Israel, there would have been a Palestinian country a long time ago.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I didn't say that. I said, compared to the extremists on the other side. And it is obviously a hyperbole. You need to do some reading comprehension exercises.

Read the beginning of the conversation again. I don't support the settlement policy, but saying its morally equivalent to murdering innocent people is bullshit. And the bold part is just a load of crap.
The settlement policy supports, causes, and exacerbates extremism. Hence the reason i said this. Try reading comprehension yourself. Obviously the settlement policy alone, not taking into account any of the byproducts of it, isn't an immoral abomination, it's the byproduct and that was obviously my point. It's quite clearly hyperbole but in this case that hyperbole was disrespectful, offensive and reprehensible in that it made light of atrocities committed by Jewish Extremists (which the Israeli government also does by trying Jewish terrorists in civil court because no deterrent is necessary, a courtesy they don't extend to Palestinian terrorists whose homes they also bulldoze. Why doesn't Israel bulldoze the homes of Israeli terrorists and try them in military courts too?)

You just go automatically on the defensive any time someone criticizes Israel in the slightest. The same things the Israeli government does every time the entire world condemns its actions in Gaza and the West Bank. The only reason Israel has ever had support in North America is an immensely powerful Jewish lobby. Israel's West Bank and Gaza policies are morally bankrupt and condemned by the vast majority of this planet. But go ahead, defend them.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe you still will?
The future is a mystery...

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
i never understood non jews who support israel unconditionally
I don't understand that either.
What is even more interesting is the double standard applied by some people when judging Israel. When every other countries defends itself and there is collateral damage, they get a pass. When Israel, which is surrounded by countries that want to destroy it, defends itself, the are Nazis. Is there an explanation other than anti-Semitism?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And about that bolded but Juliano. The 2014 Palestine-Israel conflict. Let's look at numbers...

Israel: 66 soldiers killed+6 civilians killed

Gaza: 2251 killed--->65% civilians according to UN Human Rights Commision. Approximately 1500 dead Civilians.

Yeah, Israel doesn't target civilians. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

And there it is, the standard Israeli defense when criticized. Anti-semitism. :sergio:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
The settlement policy supports, causes, and exacerbates extremism. Hence the reason i said this. Try reading comprehension yourself. Obviously the settlement policy alone, not taking into account any of the byproducts of it, isn't an immoral abomination, it's the byproduct and that was obviously my point. It's quite clearly hyperbole but in this case that hyperbole was disrespectful, offensive and reprehensible in that it made light of atrocities committed by Jewish Extremists (which the Israeli government also does by trying Jewish terrorists in civil court because no deterrent is necessary, a courtesy they don't extend to Palestinian terrorists whose homes they also bulldoze. Why doesn't Israel bulldoze the homes of Israeli terrorists and try them in military courts too?)

You just go automatically on the defensive any time someone criticizes Israel in the slightest. The same things the Israeli government does every time the entire world condemns its actions in Gaza and the West Bank. The only reason Israel has ever had support in North America is an immensely powerful Jewish lobby. Israel's West Bank and Gaza policies are morally bankrupt and condemned by the vast majority of this planet. But go ahead, defend them.

- - - Updated - - -

The future is a mystery...
I will. All I want is Israel to be judged by the same moral standards as everybody else.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't understand that either.
What is even more interesting is the double standard applied by some people when judging Israel. When every other countries defends itself and there is collateral damage, they get a pass. When Israel, which is surrounded by countries that want to destroy it, defends itself, the are Nazis. Is there an explanation other than anti-Semitism?

So no one criticizes Russia about Chechnya.

No one criticizes America about the First Nations, Vietnam, Cuba, Iraq...

No one criticizes the entire history of western colonialism?

Give it a fucking break. I criticize those things far more than I criticize Israel.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
And about that bolded but Juliano. The 2014 Palestine-Israel conflict. Let's look at numbers...

Israel: 66 soldiers killed+6 civilians killed

Gaza: 2251 killed--->65% civilians according to UN Human Rights Commision. Approximately 1500 dead Civilians.

Yeah, Israel doesn't target civilians. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

And there it is, the standard Israeli defense when criticized. Anti-semitism. :sergio:
An excellent example. People quoting numbers, without regard for the circumstances, without any knowledge about the conflict and with zero thought process involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for supporting Israel and the Jewish people. Sadly for you, you were born by the wrong mother, which means you will never be one of us.
No, I don't care.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I will. All I want is Israel to be judged by the same moral standards as everybody else.
Lol. If Israel was judged by the same standards you'd be in deep shit. Your country only exists because we felt guilty, silly. One day that ends and the world will hold you accountable for your crimes, make no mistake.

Same standards... You have no shame.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Lol. If Israel was judged by the same standards you'd be in deep shit. Your country only exists because we felt guilty, silly. One day that ends and the world will hold you accountable for your crimes, make no mistake.

:tup:

We're anti-Semites if we don't agree with him. The same rallying cry that has been happening from their government every time Israel has been criticized for morally reprehensible actions and atrocities committed.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

My country? My crimes?
Incidentally, what is your country? I'm guessing one of those that are still in the middle ages, based on the fact that you believe in collective responsibility.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
My country? My crimes?
Incidentally, what is your country? I'm guessing one of those that are still in the middle ages, based on the fact that you believe in collective responsibility.
If you are allowed to vote you are responsible for the actions of your government unless you do something about those actions. That can be as easy as voting on someone else. But you clearly agree with them. So yes, I hold you responsible. You personally.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
If you are allowed to vote you are responsible for the actions of your government unless you do something about those actions. That can be as easy as voting on someone else. But you clearly agree with them. So yes, I hold you responsible. You personally.
I love it when people who pretend to be moral embarrass themselves. And since you clearly haven't got it yet, I'm not from Israel.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My country? My crimes?
You've just stated you unequivocally support the policies of the Israeli government that lead to atrocities and crimes. You've stated you want others held to the same moral standards as Israel but have no problem with the Israeli government treating Palestinian terrorists to a Medieval version of justice, while trying Israeli terrorists in civil courts and slapping them on wrist. Yes. You support the crimes the state of Israel commits daily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)