iPhone (3 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
How can they when people are ok with $1k for a phone. Iphone XX will cost $3k + 1% of your monthly income for 12months <revolutionary payment, amazing>.
I (kinda) understood it in the past, they used to be quite innovative and shit, but that died with Jobs.

But it's still good enough to show off i guess. Isheeps :touched:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
How can they when people are ok with $1k for a phone. Iphone XX will cost $3k + 1% of your monthly income for 12months <revolutionary payment, amazing>.
Why is it any different from Samsung S8 or P10? Samsung used to cost 1000 euros when it came out.

People bitch about iPhone quite a lot but they don't realize how other brands have expensive phones as well.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Why is it any different from Samsung S8 or P10? Samsung used to cost 1000 euros when it came out.

People bitch about iPhone quite a lot but they don't realize how other brands have expensive phones as well.
IIRC S8 was around $750, no? Well, whatever, prices are going up and up and soon smartphones are gonna cost more than a good laptop.

enzo

May 14, 2012
I'm no Apple fanboy, rather the opposite. But I believe the build quality is still superior. And so is the time the phones are getting (security) updates. I'm an Android user myself, but updates for only 24 months (and that's the best you can get) is just ridiculous. So at least this is an argument for an iPhone. But not the X, rather the cheaper ones.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I'm no Apple fanboy, rather the opposite. But I believe the build quality is still superior. And so is the time the phones are getting (security) updates. I'm an Android user myself, but updates for only 24 months (and that's the best you can get) is just ridiculous. So at least this is an argument for an iPhone. But not the X, rather the cheaper ones.
The best thing about the IPhones is their reliability. I've had two previous iPhones and they've lasted over seven years in total. Both are in working condition, although the older one cannot update its os.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dusan apparently owns iPhone and some other Apple shit too. :sergio:
I think IPhone has amazing quality phones. You never get to open one, restart it or have it slowed down, bugged or anything else. It runs smoothly and lasts for many years. Their hardware was light years ahead of Android, but nowadays Android caught up.

Btw, I hate how iPhone isn't user friendly. Kinda disgusting really.

IIRC S8 was around $750, no? Well, whatever, prices are going up and up and soon smartphones are gonna cost more than a good laptop.
Over here it costed 120.00 dinars, which is literally 1000e (like 990). They come with 100e headphones, though.

As for a second part of your post... really? :p You can already buy a huge PC with 800-1000e, totally different beast than a small phone. They already cost more than a good laptop/desktop.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
s8 64gb costs $700, just like the i8 64gb

it's not only about the price. it's the lack of features and options.

great camera, check. good build quality, check. fast performance, check. waterproofing, check. abundance of apps, check. long software support, check. for most people, that should just be fine.

but no headphone jack, fuck you, apple, simply fuck you and your greedy policy about lightning licensing. no expendable storage, and storage options are disgustingly expensive (256gb costs $850 - $150 for a bigger storage, wtf). no file manager, no way to _just connect your phone and copy some files on it. no way to use your bluetooth for file transfer. no apt-x or apt-x hd, which became the industry standard for good quality audio transfer via bluetooth. limited nfc functions. no vr headset support. shitty carplay. no customizations, boring user interface. can't even set a custom ringtone without itunes. oh, and itunes has been around for ages without any major improvement, and it's been bad since the beginning. my brother's 6s battery lasts for about 3-4 hours in standby when it's below 0 celsius. and those huge bezels, especially on the 'plus' models are so 2014... apple lost their advantage in design, too: iphone 6 was their last trend setter design, even iphone x's bezel-less formula was used by xiaomi, lg and samsung before apple.

tl;dr: there's no reason to buy an iphone anymore, besides it's an iphone. for some, that's enough. i never was a loyal customer to any brand (besides maybe ibanez, my go-to guitar brand), so that apple logo means nothing to me. on the other hand, the expensive product with plenty of limitations... i'm fine with a similarly limited, other product for 1/4 or half the price of an iphone which i'll also replace in 2 years anyway.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
s8 64gb costs $700, just like the i8 64gb

it's not only about the price. it's the lack of features and options.

great camera, check. good build quality, check. fast performance, check. waterproofing, check. abundance of apps, check. long software support, check. for most people, that should just be fine.

but no headphone jack, fuck you, apple, simply fuck you and your greedy policy about lightning licensing. no expendable storage, and storage options are disgustingly expensive (256gb costs $850 - $150 for a bigger storage, wtf). no file manager, no way to _just connect your phone and copy some files on it. no way to use your bluetooth for file transfer. no apt-x or apt-x hd, which became the industry standard for good quality audio transfer via bluetooth. limited nfc functions. no vr headset support. shitty carplay. no customizations, boring user interface. can't even set a custom ringtone without itunes. oh, and itunes has been around for ages without any major improvement, and it's been bad since the beginning. my brother's 6s battery lasts for about 3-4 hours in standby when it's below 0 celsius. and those huge bezels, especially on the 'plus' models are so 2014... apple lost their advantage in design, too: iphone 6 was their last trend setter design, even iphone x's bezel-less formula was used by xiaomi, lg and samsung before apple.

tl;dr: there's no reason to buy an iphone anymore, besides it's an iphone. for some, that's enough. i never was a loyal customer to any brand (besides maybe ibanez, my go-to guitar brand), so that apple logo means nothing to me. on the other hand, the expensive product with plenty of limitations... i'm fine with a similarly limited, other product for 1/4 or half the price of an iphone which i'll also replace in 2 years anyway.
It comes with a bluetooth, no?

Also, while I get your point, who stores over 64gb of files on a phone? :boh:

As for your brothers phone/battery, I believe it's broken, wtf :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)