Interesting Article (2 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Kindly produce some scientific research to back up this statement.
I'm obviously against the Catholic Church in a whole number of ways, but that statement is actually correct. The only 100% certain way to not catch HIV/AIDS is not have sex. Condoms are 99% sure, however there's always a chance, no matter how slim, that they don't do the job.

That said I do believe that condoms are the only thing that's ever going to be effective in slowing HIV/AIDS down. People will always have sex before marriage, no matter what the Catholic Church might teach.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I never said that condoms were a sure way to prevent the spread.

He had said that the use of condoms didn't help to slow the spread of AIDS, which is clearly not the case. Condoms will slow the spread even if they can't completely prevent the spread.

Sep 1, 2002
I'm obviously against the Catholic Church in a whole number of ways, but that statement is actually correct. The only 100% certain way to not catch HIV/AIDS is not have sex. Condoms are 99% sure, however there's always a chance, no matter how slim, that they don't do the job.

That said I do believe that condoms are the only thing that's ever going to be effective in slowing HIV/AIDS down. People will always have sex before marriage, no matter what the Catholic Church might teach.
They are having a marble sale around König Straße,, if you want to get some new ones.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
From a NON-RELIGIOUS point of view... This is from a moral, humanitarian point of view.

Why should women be allowed to take someone else's life for their convenience? All the girls I know that have aborted babies are emotionally and psychologically scarred, btw.

Jan 7, 2004
actually, according to the supreme court, it's because not every girl has the same options when it comes to access to "abortion panels"

but i am sure there is at least one reference to oppression somewhere in there ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Bürkε;1766181 said:
Grappa is for fags, are you a fag, Fabriannioso? Do you suck dicks? ARE YOU A PETER PUFFER???
Watch it there, pal. I love a good grappa. :irritated

FORZA ABORTIONS!
:lol:

But don't you know the Catholic decree, Burke? After having 11-years of Catholic school, I can say this with authority:

Abortion robs potential parents of the joys of abusing and molesting their unwanted children. By terminating these unwanted pregnancies outright, that's millions of adults who are deprived of years of theraputic, stress-relieving physical and emotional abuse of their unwanted children. (That and you're cutting off the lifeline for some of the priesthood too.)

Unwanted children have the right to grow up as tortured adults so they too can physically and emotionally abuse their unwanted children for the next generation. And thus the cycle of life continues unbroken...

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
From a NON-RELIGIOUS point of view... This is from a moral, humanitarian point of view.

Why should women be allowed to take someone else's life for their convenience? All the girls I know that have aborted babies are emotionally and psychologically scarred, btw.
The same thing that gives guys the ability to rid themselves of their children at their convenience.

So are the drug and weapons trade.:weee:

Anyway, I'm gone there. Ii want to have a sensible discussion on this topics when I return though.
I can't wait to solve the unsolvable debate of abortion here on Juventuz. I love how you think that you will say anything new or someone will say anything new to convince everyone here to change their beliefs about abortion.

This has got to be the most useless topic. There will always be two sides. All things like this do is cause people to argue. On a football forum, I don't think we should care about who believes in abortion and who does not.

Apr 12, 2004
Watch it there, pal. I love a good grappa. :irritated

:lol:

But don't you know the Catholic decree, Burke? After having 11-years of Catholic school, I can say this with authority:

Abortion robs potential parents of the joys of abusing and molesting their unwanted children. By terminating these unwanted pregnancies outright, that's millions of adults who are deprived of years of theraputic, stress-relieving physical and emotional abuse of their unwanted children. (That and you're cutting off the lifeline for some of the priesthood too.)

Unwanted children have the right to grow up as tortured adults so they too can physically and emotionally abuse their unwanted children for the next generation. And thus the cycle of life continues unbroken...
:lol2:

Touche....

I stand corrected.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
The same thing that gives guys the ability to rid themselves of their children at their convenience.

I can't wait to solve the unsolvable debate of abortion here on Juventuz. I love how you think that you will say anything new or someone will say anything new to convince everyone here to change their beliefs about abortion.

This has got to be the most useless topic. There will always be two sides. All things like this do is cause people to argue. On a football forum, I don't think we should care about who believes in abortion and who does not.
If by guys who rid themselves of their children, you mean absentee fathers, screw them. They are the reason for a lot of society's ills. They don't have the right to do so. So i don't know why you're comparing the two.

Instead of aborting the child, send the child for adoption. You're getting rid of your "inconvenience" and the child lives.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I may have been raised Catholic, but I have attended Protestant bible schools in the distant past. Here's one of my favorite Christian hymns, modernized for today's American fundamentalist Christian family values:

Onward, Christian soldiers... marching as to war
With the explosive vest of Jesus... blowing nails and gore.

nasser

Dec 12, 2005
So theoretically, this also applies to masturbation. Every ejaculation of sperm contains hundreds of millions of sperm cells, and only one sperm cell is enough to impregnate a woman. Wasting a sperm cell is wasting a potential human life. According to our good friend here, in the past two weeks, I killed 1 billion people.

Adolf who?
george carlin :p

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
If by guys who rid themselves of their children, you mean absentee fathers, screw them. They are the reason for a lot of society's ills. They don't have the right to do so. So i don't know why you're comparing the two.

Instead of aborting the child, send the child for adoption. You're getting rid of your "inconvenience" and the child lives.
Why not let the woman decide what she wants to do with her body? Who am I to tell her what to do?

The real problem is irresponsible sex-lives people have. They can't expect to sleep around and somehow avoid STD's, HIV/AIDS, or pregnancies. I know plenty of people that don't like condoms because either they think it takes away from the sexual experience or because they're naïve enough to think AIDS is something that only exists in the big cities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)